The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

jennimoo Wed 12-Dec-12 08:17:12

At least you didn't assume. We've given up here and fertility friend still reckons 4dpo. DH has had enough for the month!

I spend all this time and effort charting and researching and stuff and he can only manage 3 or 4 times. Lets hope the preseed / mooncup has done the job and he doesn't have to next month ;)

Zoon Wed 12-Dec-12 11:11:10

Jennimoo that sounds just like my DH. drives me mad! ff says i am 3dpo( i am not 100% convinced though). lets hope this is the month for us both.
jakey, good luck. hope u catch that egg.

Jakeyblueblue Wed 12-Dec-12 13:55:42

The ewcm seems to be not so ew now. Sorry for tmi, its quite copious but its a bit more cloudy now and less stretchy. Have no clue what's going on. Still got sore nips but that isn't unusual for post ov. No cramping or anything either. i think I will cover my bases and carry on dtd anyway just in case.
Why is my body so bloody confusing confused

BigBoPeep Wed 12-Dec-12 16:03:42

welll I feel quite smug, as we've managed to dtd 3 out of the last 4 nights and I'm going for a 4th tonight! grin then will not have sex again until both children are at least 7 no doubt

of course i may not even be fertile so could be a complete waste of time!

Think I'm still good to go on my ye olde mooncup then...hey maybe mooncups serve a purpose other than periods? pop it in post-shag and no mess to deal with til your morning shower! grin

Jakeyblueblue Wed 12-Dec-12 16:32:05

Do you think it may increase the chances of multiples?
Just thinking About all those extra fellas trapped up there with nowhere to go? hmm

Zoon Wed 12-Dec-12 16:53:35

Ok, its now official i use google too much. just read your comment jakey about multiples and decided to google it. And OMG do u now what does increase chances of mutiples: breastfeeding! dont know abut mooncups tho

BigBoPeep Wed 12-Dec-12 17:15:15

oh excellent, i'd love twins! haha

i doubt mooncups would increase chance of multiples - you'd need two eggs, or for the egg to split and stay split post-fertilisation (by one sperm) to get identicals....

Jakeyblueblue Wed 12-Dec-12 17:46:54

grin. I'd secretly quite like twins.
Maybe we should change the thread name to TTC multiples whilst breastfeeding!

Zoon Wed 12-Dec-12 17:54:56

Heehee. i am definitely not telling dh that! any motivation to dtd 4nights in a row would vanish fast, very fast!

Zoon Wed 12-Dec-12 18:05:15

Hee hee.
No chance of me telling that to DH. all motivation to dtd would vanish. risk averse to say the least. i am already thinking pf ways to convince him 3 kids would good. dont think i will win that battle though.....unless i have twins! oh dear, now its imaginary twin pregnancy!!! :-) :-)

Zoon Wed 12-Dec-12 18:06:56

Btw my sister had triplets so i guess its in the family.
I thought first post didnt send. sorry :-)

jennimoo Wed 12-Dec-12 18:35:41

Jakey - I get Ewcm after O but its creamy / cloudy too so sounds to me like you've Oed but best keep DTD!

zoon are they non-identical twins? I read this on the bbc
m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20640510

when the duchess of Cambridge was admitted to the hospital. It says its only non identical twins in the women's very close relatives that get passed down the family.

I'd be very scared of having twins. A toddler and two babies...

jennimoo Wed 12-Dec-12 19:09:25

A dr friend of mine is having twins so we were talking about this and it is non identical twins that passes through the mothers side: a genetic predisposition to release more than one egg.

She already has 1 child the age of DD and was only planning on 2 so struggling to get used to the idea, I think. Don't fancy twins myself...

Jakeyblueblue Wed 12-Dec-12 19:26:24

I would love twins, as like zoon, I would really love 3 dcs but dh is 15 yrs older than me and thinks two is enough. He also already has a 12 yr old from previous marriage so technically it means he'd have four. If I got Preg with twins i could have my 3 by default. grin
Jenni, I am thinking I've ov'd. There's lots of it, which is unusual, but its really watery and cloudy this evening. I hope I have anyway, as I am stuck at my mums for the night as I came to fetch ds and got stranded by the fire on the m6. Traffic too bad to get home now. So no dtd for me tonight anyway. If I have ov'd then I am 3 dpo. Only 11 more to go wink

jennimoo Wed 12-Dec-12 19:37:22

So are you testing the same day as me then, jakey? I'm holding out for Friday 21st.

Zoon Wed 12-Dec-12 19:51:40

My sisters are non identical. she had another baby when they were only 17 months. So four babies under 2. they are all grown up now. youngest was 18 last month. Apparently hardest part was when they were 15/16 and all needed taxi-ing every where.

Zoon Wed 12-Dec-12 19:57:49

I am 3dpo too. nice that we are all close in timings. ff say wait 18 days as some signs dont add up. hoping to test on 27th, if i can hang out that long and if af doesnt turn up first. i am not hopeful this time round tho.

BigBoPeep Wed 12-Dec-12 20:02:23

i think twins and a toddler would be hell, but a short-lived one, and then you get your 3, but the baby bit's all done and dusted...

Jakeyblueblue Wed 12-Dec-12 20:34:25

Yes it'd be about then jenni but I'm afraid I've had loads of ewcm again tonight!!!! It keeps changing and confusing me! confused
Really have no clue what's going on.

Jakeyblueblue Thu 13-Dec-12 08:27:04

Ov niggles and more ewcm. sad
Think i am out this month unless dh has super swimmers as haven't dtd for 48 hrs as at my mums.
Sometimes get niggles for a few days before do will have to keep fingers crossed its tmrw and I get one in tonight. wink
I am going to have to temp next cycle as then I would have known for sure if I had. sad

jennimoo Thu 13-Dec-12 08:57:42

Jakey, I only temp from about day 7 until a couple of days after fertility friend confirms O now so not too bad really. But maybe the temping is what's going wrong as once temp looks to have gone up we don't DTD, and if its wrong we're missing it I guess sad

Jakeyblueblue Thu 13-Dec-12 13:37:38

Well the niggles are still only niggles but the ewcm is still there. Always get bad pains and bloating on ov day so dont think i am quite there yet. Am thinking ov will be tmrw which means I can dtd tonight.
I think I've mentioned before but we were ttc ds for ages and I even saw the fertility nurse and she said that all these methods are unreliable. She said to forget opk and charting and just dtd three times a week, every week to make sure sperm was constantly waiting for an egg whenever it was released. I followed her advice and got bfp that month.
Might go back down that rd next cycle smile

jakey that's what I did last time for DD. I didn't chart but simply dtd 2-3 times a week whenever I don't have my period. Took us about 3 months to get a bfp. I didn't even know when was my last period when the midwife asked at the first booking in blush.

I don't know why but I feel much less confident this time round. Maybe it's the feeding. Or maybe because I'm 38. That's why I think chartingight help.

I was 35 last time so within the mythical 30-35 fertile age. It's probably all in my head. I have two aunts who are mums at 39 and 40s.

This thread is not accepting new messages.