The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

Iwish Thu 06-Dec-12 16:55:07

Hi ladies

May I join? We aren't exactly ttc yet but I wanted to track my cycles for when we ttc next year.
I have a 14mo DS who bfs twice a day, one in the morning and one before bed.
I had my implant out on 1st November and had af on 8th nov then next af was 29th nov so am now on cd8.
I think I OVd on cd13 last cycle which would mean I only had an 8 day LP. Had ewcm cd11 and cd12 and cramps cd13 which makes me think OV was cd13.

Had some cm today so I'm thinking maybe OV around cd12/13 again so will expect some ewcm soon.

Sorry to rabbit on, hey everyone lol xx

jennimoo Thu 06-Dec-12 20:14:06

Hello iwish! Is it January you're starting TTC or later in the year? I didn't know you can have the implant when BFing, but despite being in no rush to TTC didn't look into contraception that much!

Iwish Thu 06-Dec-12 21:06:25

Yeh you can have it while BFing. Think the docs said my options were the implant, coil and mini pill. Didn't fancy the coil and I'm rubbish at remembering the pill haha.

We will probably be ttc mid year. It took us 6 months to get preg with DS so I wanted to get my cycles back to normal and see when I was OVing etc. before I got preg I OVd cd16/17.

How old is your LO jennimoo? And are you ttc now?

jennimoo Thu 06-Dec-12 21:57:23

My DDis 26months and am on 6th month TTC. Got PG first go last time around so didn't expect it to take long!

Jakeyblueblue Thu 06-Dec-12 21:59:04

Ds 17 months and also on six months of TTC!
Bit depressing writing that sad
Welcome to our new member smile

jennimoo Thu 06-Dec-12 22:01:05

6 months feels like a 'milestone' length of time. Mentioned it to DH and he said "it can't be, it's 4 at most".., So for 2 months it was only me trying then ;)

Jakeyblueblue Thu 06-Dec-12 22:12:17

Well technically it's only 4 months for me too as one of those months we all had d and v and totally missed ov and the month before that it was that stupidly long cycle where I thought I ov'd earlier and totally missed it when I actually did.
4 months sounds a bit better wink

BigBoPeep that sounds painful. Hopefully biting is just because of teething Have you pulled her off and told her no?

jakey is the b6 known to cause nauseousness? As long as your LO is happy with the supply then it must be ok. Or maybe your boob has readjusted again? I don't feel full at all now but DD still happy with it. Though I'm not sure if its just comfort tbh.

iwish I started ttc August I think. My AF came back in March but I didn't chart until ttc.

Jakeyblueblue Fri 07-Dec-12 01:58:18

I didn't find official to say it caused nausea but when I was first researching it to see if I should start it, I googled it and found masses of forums where women were talking about it whether it had worked, and loads said it made them feel sick. Some even said they'd stopped it because of it. hmm
It's not terrible though and tbh the Pregnacare makes me feel sick if I don't take it with food so it might just be me. As for the supply, It's only slight. Theres still more than enough. He's picked up some day feeds again too so If anything, I should have a bigger supply at the moment. I feel quite ok with this though. It's meant to work by lowering prolactin so if I am noticing supply is less, then it's probably working.
I am actually really starting to consider night weaning. After a good week of good nights where he only fed once or twice, the last 3 nights have been awful and I am shattered. He is teething but I don't know how much we put down to that when really I've just really poorly sleep trained him confused it's now 2am and between 9pm and now he must have been on the boob 5 times! I've just given him neurofen to see if he settles. He just seems to be thrashing around, unable to get comfortable.
One thing is for sure, if I night weaned, I'd prob get pregnant but I think I'm too chicken to see him upset if I don't let him have it. All these sleep solutions look ok but I'm not sure how they would work in a co sleeping arrangement. Also he doesn't always fall asleep on the breast, he quite often feeds, pulls off, thrashes around for 10 mins then falls asleep so how would it all work then? Aaaarggggggh!!!! grin
Might give myself a deadline of after Xmas. He'll be 18 months then. I have some annual leave to use up so maybe I will book a week so if we have to have a week of bad nights, I won't have to worry about being Knackered at work.
Sorry for the rant lol! Dh is no help in making decisions like this what so ever and sleeps in the other room so I'm on my own with this one hmm

Iwish Fri 07-Dec-12 10:25:18

Lol @ you trying on your own for 2 months jennimoo!!

Thanks for the welcome jakey smile

terror are your cycles the same as before you were pg or have they changed?

I'm only charting cm, cp atm, not doing temps. I usually have cramps after OV which I think is due to progesterone but I'm having them already at cd9!? Could I have OVd on cd8??

fertilityfriend.com/home/3249b7

Iwish I think it's shorter. I have never charted before but I'm fairly sure it was 28+ days before. Now I'm having cycles of between 24-29 days.

Iwish Fri 07-Dec-12 11:09:18

My last one was 21 lol. And if I did OV yesterday chances are this one will be 21 too! That's if I have a normal ish LP.
Are you temping or just checking cm and cp?

jennimoo Fri 07-Dec-12 11:42:49

I chart temps, cm and opks. I had a peep at your charts but don't know what might be happening!

Mines here if you like to stalk!

[www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b22c1]

Iwish Fri 07-Dec-12 13:24:29

Lol I don't know what's happening either! I did an opk yesterday but it was neg so either I had already OVd so missed the surge or I've not OVd yet and have no idea why I have cramps lol. Forgot to do an opk today so will try and remember when I get home.

What's the earliest you have OVd? Sorry for all the questions xx

jennimoo Fri 07-Dec-12 13:43:05

I'm usually day 14-17 I think. Might be a 14 this month as + opk yesterday, although using more sensitive opks so not sure yet!

Iwish Fri 07-Dec-12 14:04:45

I was thinking yours may be around 14 this month while I was stalking lol.
I'm so impatient and wish I knew what my body was doing!! If its cd8/9 I'm going to OV then fine but v strange. Ill hold out to see what happens in the next few days. See if I get any ewcm soon.

RainbowsFriend Fri 07-Dec-12 17:57:35

Gah... faint positive, then the worst period EVER sad

Iwish Fri 07-Dec-12 18:23:58

sad rainbow x

rainbow sad

I told DH maybe I should buy a pregnancy test tomorrow. He asked when was your period due. I replied that I'm on day 29 and I had a 29 day cycle last month. You know what he said to that? Techically I'm not late yet and it will be a waste of money to test when I haven't missed a period! It's all true but I can't help but feel this is the month.

BigBoPeep Fri 07-Dec-12 21:09:18

Hi Iwish!

That's cruel rainbows sad

I POAS today - negative. little disappointed, but at least I can stop daydreaming now ;) husband rubbing his hands with glee....

The biting has stopped and we've had a much better day - I think its the anger at the teething that makes her do it. I do tell her no, which didnt go down well...she is SO sneaky though: after a major bawling session from being told no and stopping the feed, she cuts it down to a nip so quick that I cant realistically react in time, because by the time I've realised what happened she's feeding with this innocent look on her face....

RainbowsFriend Fri 07-Dec-12 21:26:33

I thought it was an odd cycle! Chemical pregnancy would explain why my temps were still high but still BFNs though....

Can't you just use internet cheapies? They cost so little it would not be worth bothering for your DH's opinion then! grin

WRT biting - are you sure she's not coming down with something? The only time DD bites me she has come down with a cold or similiar with 2 days....

Jakeyblueblue Fri 07-Dec-12 22:44:02

sad rainbows. Hope you are not feeling too sad.
You can buy hpts from the pound shop you know. Two strips for a pound. I've got some in for this cycle.
Ewcm here but not loads like usual, no cramps yet or sore nips so am thinking ov may still be a few days away. Good job really. Dh gone to bed early in a mood coz he's had a bad day at work. Boo hoo. grin

Iwish Sat 08-Dec-12 10:57:41

Are the strips from the pound shop sensitive jakey? And boo that your DH has gone to bed in a mood.

Hope you are feeling ok this morning rainbow

Hi bigbopeep. How many dpo were you when you tested?

terror I had about 50 eBay cheapies when ttc my DS for about £3 so DH couldn't moan haha!

No idea what's going on with my cycle. On cd10 and I don't know if I've OVd or not!

LolaDontCryOverSpiltEggnog Sat 08-Dec-12 14:39:31

Sorry rainbows sad

rainbows we can be ovulation buddies next cycle. AF arrived today sad. I was so sure I was pregnant too since I was spotting pink/brown for a week. And to add injury to insult, I just got myself some pregnancy tests.

This thread is not accepting new messages.