The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

Zoon Sun 02-Dec-12 18:58:10

Try having a glass of grapefruit juice daily, an old wives tale but worth a go. agnus cactus meant to help also but some people say it messed up their cycles.i saw a naturopath who advosed me against it. b complex supplement good too...

Zoon Sun 02-Dec-12 19:03:02

Try having a glass of grapefruit juice daily, an old wives tale but worth a go. agnus cactus meant to help also but some people say it messed up their cycles.i saw a naturopath who advosed me against it. b complex supplement good too...

RainbowsFriend Sun 02-Dec-12 19:53:25

Ta smile

I was taking agnus castus when I got pg with DD, vit B6 too, haven't started taking the agnus castus this time as I've read mixed opinions about whether it's safe whilst bf. Did the grapefruit juice last thing last time too, and switched to pineapple when I was sure I'd ov'd (it's supposed to help implantation!). I did quite a few mad things when ttc DD actually ...

And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's cosleeping (although I don't know why the word 'sleep' appears in that term), feeding all night long and still attempting to find time to dtd and hoping to add a newborn to the mix!

Jakeyblueblue Sun 02-Dec-12 22:16:26

grin high heels, that sounds like me too! We must be crackers!
I'm on vit b6 this cycle so will be the thread guinea pig and see if it works!

I have been spotting since Friday (cd22). Still spotting today and no AF. And I haven't got any ewcm this month when I normally have enough that I can chart on that alone. It's gearing up to be a very strange month. I think I need to join a irregular period whilst bf group grin.

jakey I started pregnacare conception about a month and a bit ago. It has vitamin b6 and supposedly 714% of the RDA. I was on pregnacare breastfeeding before and thought just maybe the vitamins might help.

BigBoPeep Mon 03-Dec-12 18:10:49

you're definately not alone highheels! grin

no sign of af or pregnancy here...havent had a chance to test so still clutching to the charming notion that i'm pregnant but just dont know unlikely DD v variable in her feeding...I can't really be arsed trying to find some kind of pattern in there!

Jakeyblueblue Mon 03-Dec-12 19:58:13

Pregnacare contains 10mg and you need at least 50mg to alter an LP so I've bought some extra 10mg tabs from boots and am topping it up to 50mg. smile
Cd 9 here. Things are starting to happen. More cm today so know i will soon have ewcm and will need to start the shagathon again...... Sigh hmm
I have randomly had two nights running when ds only fed once during the night so am hoping that might affect ov and this will be my lucky cycle. smile
It better be anyway, spent most of the day daydreaming about imaginary baby names and working out my imaginary finances for when I'm on my imaginary mat leave grin
Oh and Kate Middleton. The cow grin. How come she gets to be married to a handsome prince and how come she gets preggers so easily and also how come she gets to be looked after by the finest drs in the land through her morning sickness. The rest of us had to carry on working, vomming into a standby plastic bag as we went. Life's so bloody unfair!! grin

jennimoo Mon 03-Dec-12 20:11:58

AF has left and cm increasing here too. Going to crack open the preseed tonight... DH says he's taking night nurse before so has apologised in advance if he falls asleep!
Only started temping today and going to try and chill about TTC and just up the DTD. Not likely either of those things will really happen though ;)

RainbowsFriend Mon 03-Dec-12 20:19:24

I think I'm in complete denial and having an imaginary pregnancy now....bloody feel pregnant - and if I take ONE reading (that was a bit dodgy anyway as I had got up to go to the loo) out of my chart then fertility friend reverts to this being 19DPO, rather than 5.
Had the tiniest bit of spotting today - and who spots on 5DPO?

But then again - who has ever heard of being 19DPO and still getting BFNs? (was really strong and resisted testing for a few days then succumbed this PM.... sad

Oh dear, we are all in imaginary land again hmm. Jakey I'll have to look into this vitamin b6 thing now.

As for Kate getting pregnant easily. They married in April 2011. It's quite likely they have been trying for 1.5 years before she got a bfp. I hope I don't have to ttc for that long sad.

Jakeyblueblue Mon 03-Dec-12 23:47:08

This is true terror! Why does it only seem like yesterday confused
In fact I was bouncing on my ball watching it, trying to get ds into a better position.
How time flies smile

BigBoPeep Tue 04-Dec-12 12:26:01

agreed terror - we got married the month after them and have managed to squeeze in an 8mo old in the meantime! they're lagging grin

Jakeyblueblue Tue 04-Dec-12 16:02:43

Lagging grin

DD's expected due date was April 2011. She's now 20mo, so it's easy to remember grin.

Day 27 and AF still hasn't arrived despite spotting since cd 22. No spotting today yet but have been for the last 5 days. I'm starting to imagine being pregnant! Google tells me spotting for anything up to 7 days is normal. But it might be due to unstable lining (that's bad right)? Or pregnancy. Of perimenopause. Haven't poas because I don't have any. And because I don't want to have my hopes dashed. It's stupid isn't it? Don't have any other symptoms though.

RainbowsFriend Wed 05-Dec-12 17:13:09

Come join me in the imaginary pregnancy club! grin

CD 48, 20 days of high temps and still BFN grin

jennimoo Wed 05-Dec-12 18:44:14

Hope it's good news rainbows and ott.

Was going to avoid testing this month but AF is due 25th and thinking testing on 21st might be a plan as if BFN then will have a glass of wine, but if BFP how will I hide it!? I'd be so excited smile

Fingers crossed for a nice Xmas pressie rather than AF for all of us...

jennimoo Thu 06-Dec-12 09:11:23

I don't think my last post makes sense unless I add my work do is the 21st...

BigBoPeep Thu 06-Dec-12 13:04:49

difficult here - got a lot going on and in the middle of it all i think dd is teething again and has reverted to biting my nipples in her grumpiness - 4 times in 24hrs! big incentive to wean, haha.

luckily she's suddenly gone very big on solid food, from taking miniscule amounts to wolfing down biscuits and eating anything you give her on a spoon. i've started pureeing stuff for her - wasnt going to, but she seems to enjoy being spoonfed and it's quick....it may also cut down some feeds and up my chances of conceiving!

BigBoPeep Thu 06-Dec-12 13:08:40

...and i just got my 5th bite. angry

Jakeyblueblue Thu 06-Dec-12 13:14:54

I'm due Xmas day too jenni.
I'm going to test if I haven't had AF by 10dpo.
I'm carrying on with b6 but its made me feel nauseous the last few days. sad apparently that's common so I'm going to persevere. Today I've took 20mg this am and will take the rest later to see if this makes a difference. I think I've had a slight drop in supply too. Boobs don't seem to fill up so quickly but it's not an issue. Ds seems quite happy. I'm hopeful that it means its doing its job! smile
Cd 12 here, just starting to get ewcm so the shagging has began. Hopefully I will ov on time so I don't have to dtd any more than necessary grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.