The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

Jakeyblueblue Tue 20-Nov-12 21:52:13

No that's makes 3 of us. I was exhausted this morning. Nothing to do with ds feeding and wriggling and kicking the covers off me all night, most definately because I'm pregnant at 7dpo.
We're funny grin

Haha I was exhausted today too. And it's nothing to do with DD teething and spent the night in our bed head butting us and snoring like a piglet. grin

Jakeyblueblue Thu 22-Nov-12 08:44:59

8dpo. Feeling genuinely pants. Tired, crampy, spotty and belly seems to be churning.. Not caving in and testing as got no cheapies left and am not wasting money on buying one. Going to try and stick it out over the weekend and see if AF shows up. Had a bad night with teething ds and a rough couple of weeks at work so probably more to do with that.

Jakeyblueblue Thu 22-Nov-12 13:07:03

Ok so I found a cheap hpt in the bathroom cupboard. blush
Bfn. I am ridiculous. blush

FredKiller Thu 22-Nov-12 16:20:32

So am I, join the club!

Just heard a friend is pg with number 2 and her little one isn't even 1 yet. Pleased for her but very envy.

AF just finishing up so I'm psyching myself up for lots of sex. Do you think DH would mind if I fell asleep during? I'm so knackered.

jennimoo Thu 22-Nov-12 17:13:36

12dpo here and still BFN, so not looking good unless I ovulated a little later than temps and opks suggest...

Was really hoping to be pg for Xmas sad

RainbowsFriend Thu 22-Nov-12 19:15:43

FredKiller - well you could say it relaxed you soooo much that....? grin

jennimoo I didn't test positive with DD until DPO 13 despite using 10miu senstive internet cheapies, so there's still hope.

WTAF I thought I was doing testing today at 8DPO though I have no idea! blush

jennimoo Thu 22-Nov-12 20:27:15

Rainbowsfriend that's good to know. I was 12dpo using the 25 sticks with DD, but I might not be 12dpo as temps were a bit all over around O!

I've been good waiting til 10dpo this month, was testing at 8 the last few months even though I know it's going to be too soon!

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Thu 22-Nov-12 20:38:29

Have been knicker checking all day, AF is fashionably late she will arrive tonight though i can feel it, better fill up the hot water bottle.

Was hoping to be for Christmas too, would have been nice.

<sigh>

I haven't tested since the first month of trying, i felt shit then and promised myself i
wouldn't do it, don't you all find it more trouble than help?

I think if i did it every month i would be even more of a wreck than i am now grin

Jakeyblueblue Thu 22-Nov-12 21:16:18

Yes I find it more trouble than help and that's it for me now. I bought a load of cheap ones and once you've got them its like an obsession! Have used the last one ever today so no more tests for me. If I am actually late I will do one early next week. smile

jennimoo Thu 22-Nov-12 21:24:37

I think I might quit, is getting me down before I can possibly know if its correct, so really not helping sad If I have them I can't help using them though and have quite a few...

RainbowsFriend Thu 22-Nov-12 21:35:21

I agree that it's like an obsession. It's like having chocolate in the house for me - I just know it's there and it keeps calling to me!

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Thu 22-Nov-12 22:21:52

I think if i bought them i would test every day, my last pack was a twin pack and we threw the last one in the bin.

But i can usually feel my period coming a couple of day's beforehand so i get an idea anyway.

Today i laughed about this whole thing, DP said ''remember you had 3 periods with DS, you might have got pregnant straight away and we haven't realised yet'' to which i replied ''don't you think i look a bit small for 7 months?''

We both just fell about laughing and it's the first time we have really laughed about anything to do with this, it wasn't even that funny.

I am so much happier since joining this thread though, I was trying not to mention anything to DP and haven't really told anyone mum knows i'm 'ready for another' and i told my sister who told her DP, but being here and talking about it has made me smile and has taken a small strain away.
I am calmer for it and it is my first thought when i am mad sad or happy about TTC

So thank you all thanks

This thread is making me smile. It seems like everyone else here, my best christmas present would be a bump.

Lola I can't really talk to my DH about it either. He believes that it'll happen when it happens. FredKiller that's why there's no way my DH will tolerate me falling asleep when dtd lol. He doesn't like the idea about performing for the sake of ttc at all. I've told my mum about we are trying but that's it. It's hard to talk about this, given you don't know how long it'll take isn't it?

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Fri 23-Nov-12 09:10:39

Well good morning everyone, I sent DP off to tesco this morning as still no AF

Well, We have a BFP!!!! 1-2 weeks

So i'm thinking maybe implantation instead of period pains.

Thank you all so much thanks

Jakeyblueblue Fri 23-Nov-12 09:30:40

Ah lovely news. Congrukatuons Lola grin

Such lovely news lola smile

RainbowsFriend Fri 23-Nov-12 13:53:24

Congrats! smile xxx

jennimoo Fri 23-Nov-12 19:53:47

Congratulations!!!!!

I've been good and not tested today smile

Jakeyblueblue Fri 23-Nov-12 20:42:18

Me too. We do have a tiny bit of will power after all! grin

BigBoPeep Fri 23-Nov-12 21:30:38

congrats lola!!

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Fri 23-Nov-12 22:46:13

Thanks everyone!

I am in shock i think, mind if i hang around a bit?, don't think i'm ready to go off into the big scary antenatal club yet.

Well done not testing too, will power!

Jakeyblueblue Fri 23-Nov-12 22:47:46

I've got strange cramps. confused really low down, not like usual AF cramps but bet AF is here by morning. sad
Was just thinking, best scenario is obvs a bfp. Worst case scenario would be AF tmrw as would mean LP of still only 10 days. Bearable case scenario AF Sunday or after meaning at least I know LP is actually enough for me to get pregs.
Why can't we just take a pill and be preggers. smile

I'm having a very strange month too. I am on CD 16 and still no sign of ewcm. I have cycles of around 28 days usually. Maybe I have short LP too? sad I have never used OPKs and this never even crossed my mind jakey.

Jakeyblueblue Sat 24-Nov-12 13:37:22

Some months mines been only 10 days whilst bf. just enough but not ideal. I've done reading on it and its a common fertility problem when bf. The prolactin inhibits progesterone and its a drop in progesterone that triggers AF. You need at least 10 days to sustain a pregnancy.hmm
Having said that I've still got cramps, but no AF and its 10dpo. God knows what my body is up to now confused

This thread is not accepting new messages.