The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

FredKiller the night weaning definitely improved DD's sleep. She was up only 1-2 times a night so it wasn't as bad as some of your LOs. But once night weaned, she mostly sleeps through. The reason I mentioned the relapsed is to not give you false hope! They do sometimes struggle to sleep again, because of teething, cold, nightmares.

We used to co-sleep, and that's what we do now on bad nights. Basically if she wakes at night and we can't settle her easily in her cot, she comes into our big bed.

Mine is 19mo so I don't think it's that small a gap! She'll be 2.5yo even if I'm successful this month. I do think 2 under 2s is mad though wink.

jennimoo Fri 16-Nov-12 21:02:55

My DD is 25 months now so will be a fair size gap but I'm still terrified! Don't feel a desperate need for a baby, but would like DD to have a sibling, preferably closer in age than I was to my brother (almost 4y)...

FredKiller Sat 17-Nov-12 10:28:25

Well, AF due today. No sign as yet, but tested yesterday and got a BFN. So why am I still hoping?

FredKiller Sat 17-Nov-12 11:52:19

Spoke too soon. AF here. sad

fredkiller we are all hoping every month! That's the thing with ttc isn't it. Lets hope you and I both have better luck this month.

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Sun 18-Nov-12 22:46:40

This is Torture.

Sil is pregnant again, yay!

Feel like such a 4 year old but why why why cant it be meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

<<stamps feet and whines>>

Af is on the way, me obvious? Never.

jennimoo Mon 19-Nov-12 08:17:03

That's crappy Lola, so not what you need sad

Well I'm 9dpo and not touched a test yet smile DH uncovered my strategy last night when he commented on all the ideas / planning / buying I was doing already for Christmas... that's right, I'm reading Christmas instead of Conception on MN!

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Mon 19-Nov-12 09:40:52

well we moved DS into his own bed in our bedroom last night he managed until 4:30 with a couple of stirs and then i got a tap on the shoulder and a ''mama's bed' so i am pretty chuffed with that, he will be 2 soon, how did that happen?

Today were off out and as DP has taken the day off this will be our first day of distract from the boob and none until bedtime, i don't know if me or him are ready to wean yet but i'm not doing this constant snacking like a newborn anymore.
This is not even about TTC it's just more about the tantrum if i say 'no booby', it's the only time he really get's tantrummy but he gets so angry and screams and hurts himself. I need to remember that whilst they are his 'booby' they are part of my body and i am allowed to say no when he doesn't need it.

I think this will be a tired week grin

Jakeyblueblue Mon 19-Nov-12 18:36:41

That's rubbish Lola! My mate who is bf a ten month old is preggers too, what's worse is that she has not only managed to conceive whilst bf, she's also only got one tube! This will be our month girls, positive thinking!
5dpo here. Not an opk or hpt in sight but did loads of shagging at the right time. Have no symptoms what so ever, the sore nips have eased a bit and sure they were ov related anyway. Had no symptoms with ds so feeling hopeful. Did have some ov / AF pain last night. Did cross my mind implantation but trying not to obsess this month so put it down to wind grin
I reckon if I haven't had AF by sat I will poas. My LP is usually only 10-12 days anyway and sat is 10dpo. When's anyone else testing? smile

I didn't test last time until a week past when my period is due. Though my AF is usually fairly accurate within 1-2 days. Though I don't test, I do have all sorts of imaginary symptoms like sore nips every month. And imaginary baby names too.

Jakeyblueblue Mon 19-Nov-12 19:11:44

Yes I have lots of imaginary baby names and also imaginary wall paper and imaginary furniture for the imaginary baby's imaginary room grin

jennimoo Mon 19-Nov-12 19:59:02

I'm tempted to poas tomorrow, 10dpo, as reckon a fair chance of a line if I am pregnant. Got a line at 12dpo with DD and that was with a nornal test and i still have the super sensitive ones left...

No signs at all, but after a few false alarms in previous months I'm thinking that's good. Not feeling that hopeful but gradually cutting down / out feeds as DD (the milk monster!) does seem a bit less interested. Except for the last couple of days: DD has her first ever cough at 25 months!

jakey yes yes to imaginary baby room. I even do imaginary nursery runs with toddler and baby hmm.

jennimoo good luck.

I'm getting into watery cm days. Another cycle begins!

Jakeyblueblue Tue 20-Nov-12 08:04:38

Yes good luck jenni. Keep us posted.
I had leg cramp in the night, something I've only ever had when preggo. wink

jennimoo Tue 20-Nov-12 08:55:07

BFN today. Trying not to dwell on it though, try again tomorrow I guess...

Jakeyblueblue Tue 20-Nov-12 12:01:48

sad

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Tue 20-Nov-12 13:16:11

sad sorry jenni , try again, maybe leave it a couple of days, if you think you can.

This is not my month folks, here comes the period pains due on Thursday, nice.

Jakeyblueblue Tue 20-Nov-12 13:20:26

Another sad face.

BigBoPeep Tue 20-Nov-12 14:37:05

still nothing here...

lol @ imaginary nursery runs toddling terror! I will admit to having the names for both boy and girl already picked out grin

Good news is I picked up a little freelance work, just a little, so things will be a little easier this winter and I will feel less like a completely incapable mother

RainbowsFriend Tue 20-Nov-12 20:23:00

Oh yes imaginary baby here as well.

Today I was just exhausted and actually sat down and did nothing on my official breaks today, when normally I run around doing errands. Of course it's pregnancy tiredness kicking in (at 7 DPO hmm)!

LolaDontCryOverSlitThroats Tue 20-Nov-12 20:54:56

grin we have both names, The first thought i had when they announced Sil's pregnancy was ''she better not pick my name's''

I'm nice me.

FredKiller Tue 20-Nov-12 21:05:33

grin at Lola.

Names picked here too. Although DH remains to be convinced on both of them. Psht, a minor detail.

BigBoPeep Tue 20-Nov-12 21:12:25

BWAHAHAHa rainbows - thought it was just me thinking 'oh i'm so tired i cant keep my eyes open today' and pushing the buggy to the sheep seemed MUCH harder work, so obviously I must be pregnant

RainbowsFriend Tue 20-Nov-12 21:17:50

grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.