The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

Thinkingof4 Tue 22-May-12 16:36:34

Wow contgrats lilblonde
that's great and very encouraging for the rest of us too!

Lots of new posters now, hello all, I'll need to have a wee catch up

Hi Thinking! I remember we spoke a while ago, as we both have three boys and were considering a fourth! Now it's your turn!! smile I can't help being a little nervous - I reckon I'm about five weeks, so the sickness, if it's going to come hasn't started yet, and I'll be breastfeeding until im at least five months gone. But, although it happened quicker than I ever expected, I'm really excited and so is dh (if a little apprehensive, lol). I just hope that it gives fellow bfers a bit of a boost, and some nice encouragement!

BR44 Tue 22-May-12 22:06:34

Congratulations LilBlonde! Your good news is really encouraging. Hope you're feeling okay.

Jakeyblueblue Wed 23-May-12 11:28:59

Yes congratulations grin very promising news, although I am thrilled to say I got my first AF this morning! Must have been right about the sore nipples and the ewcm! Have never been so pleased to have a period in all my life! Think I am going to give myself a few cycles before starting to try in earnest though! wink

Hi everyone, I think I'm joining this thread although I keep having moments when I'm really not sure whether I"m doing the right thing. Have one DD, 10.5 months, no periods yet, have been hoping number 2 would just come along without us having to make too much of an effort but that's starting to look less and less likely. Still BF at least 4 times per day and anything from 1-4 times per night, usually cosleep too. Not willing to start weaning at all yet as I was hoping to let DD self wean when she's ready, although have been giving the cot a try recently as her current favourite things to do all night are alternately feed, pinch mummy's nipples and try to kick mummy out of the bed!

newyearsday Thu 24-May-12 10:15:11

Hello again, thanks for making me feel welcome, and congratulations lilblonde!

I'm hoping to be nearing the end of my longest cycle ever, now on day 41. I've just totted up the days of ewcm (I'm charting) I've had this cycle and I had it for 17 days on and off. My body took it's time gearing up to ov! And I think we missed ov day afterall - doh! Hopefully will start AF in the next week and my next cycle will be shorter.

Must dash, supposed to be packing for holiday not mn'ing wink

Hope there's some more BFPs while we're away!

Thinkingof4 Thu 24-May-12 12:05:09

Hi lilblonde yes I remember you from another thread, it's funny how many of us mums with 3 boys there are!! V exciting for you, it will be a small gap but I'm sure the hard work will pay off when they are big enough to play together. I'm hoping for a gap close to 2 years will be possible but we'll just see what happens!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Thu 24-May-12 12:12:05

lilblonde congratulations, so pleased for you and congrats to jakey good to know your body is getting back on track.

Jakeyblueblue Thu 24-May-12 21:41:55

Hmmmm. Not so excited as I was! The bleeding seems to have stopped today! Not sure what's going on now! Was it spotting or AF? Confused! Think I might try getting some ovulation sticks. Any reccomendations?

Thinkingof4 Fri 25-May-12 19:26:43

Hi jakey
very confusing when your body plays tricks on you. I had one day of spotting then nothing for another 32 days (my normal cycle length) then proper AF. Maybe same thing will happen to you but either way it def means AF isn't far away now!

Pearla Fri 25-May-12 23:38:27

Ughhh no AF yet and the niggly cramps are waning. sad Some kind of extended cycle I guess, I was scared this would happen. Or it was a one-off period. Is that even possible?! I don't think I've ovulated though, I have had literally NO signs of anything. But then why would I have pre-menstrual feelings? Such hard work! Wish I could just "fall" pregnant without even noticing like last time!

haloflo Sat 26-May-12 14:49:55

Hello all! I've been on my holidays this last week but home now with an exhausted baby. She is catching up on some sleep at the moment so I thought I'd catch up on my sleep (instead of putting the washing out)

Holiday was brill but tiring. And we managed to pick up the 5pm and 7pm feed again, doh. Is anyone's else's baby waking up and feeding loads due to the heat? I'm hoping my newly purchased 1 tog sleeping bag will help things tonight.

No chance of DTD whilst away but no signs of ov yet either so hopefully we can get on it this week.

lilblonde Congratulations! It can be done smile

jakeyblue Welcome. Sorry to hear that your body is being confusing. Spotting could be a light AF or maybe ovulation bleeding if you ever had that? For ovulation sticks I just head to amazon or ebay for cheapie dip stick ones. I just paid £7.50 for 50 OPKS and 5 pg test - perfect if you like obsessing!

Ooh best go DD is stirring - I'll try to catch up more later.

Jakeyblueblue Sat 26-May-12 17:40:05

Wow am going to get on amazon and get some! Didn't realise they would be that cheap and yes, my ds has been on the boob constantly with the heat! wink

Pearla Sun 27-May-12 00:36:04

My DS wants constant boobage because of the heat as well. He can drink perfectly well from his cup but he prefers milk. Guess that's the point of it!

Just as a sidenote (for me more than anything) all AF symptoms have gone. Nipples are no longer feeling tender, definitely no more cramps. A bit peed off and disappointed with my body! I was so excited about getting my period back, now I'm just confused and annoyed. sad

haloflo Sun 27-May-12 11:03:48

Pearla Boo, I hate the limbo feeling, even a couple of cycles in i've no idea if I will ovulate any time soon or not.

DD was awful again last night. She didn't even want milk (or water - fat chance of that) - just cuddles. Not sure if the holiday made her overtired or if its just the heat. She's already been asleep an hour and a half this morning. Going to give her a lazy day to try and catch up on lost sleep. Even babies need pj days don't they? My DP works Sundays so its just us two at home today.

highheels Waves from old thread(s!) Sorry to hear you are struggling with sleep. I just keep thinking - I will cope and it will be worth it. And surely by aged 2 they will sleep through the night....!??

Frakiosaurus Sun 27-May-12 11:31:37

TMI time

I have no idea what's going on with my discharge. Last week I had loads but it wasn't EWCM, more creamy? And now I have nothing. Literally dry as a bone. I've had discharge since shorty after DS started solids but it's been pretty constant. These are the first changes I've noticed and I'm not sure what to make of them.

Jakeyblueblue Sun 27-May-12 22:57:12

No nor me. It's all over the place! angry

Thinkingof4 Mon 28-May-12 20:20:00

Well since it's TMI time I just had some streaky blood mid cycle which I assume is ovulation bleeding! Never had that before!! Bizarre how your body changes all the time. Don't know whther to dtd or not as I'm considering a new job so might have to delay TTC till I start there (if I take it) confused
I'm actually quite pleased weather has cooled down as ds3 has been horrendous last few nights, up every hour last night,then up for the day at 5.15! His room is much cooler tonight so fx he (and all the other babies) sleep better tonight!!

haloflo Wed 30-May-12 14:34:50

How exciting about a new job thinking do you work now? Would this be a change?

frak I think (no expert!) that creamy cm is fertile cm but not as fertile as EWCM so maybe you did ovulate but it wasnt a very fertile cycle? It sounds very frustrating.

Things are on track here, EWCM started Monday. An almost positive opk today. DTD Monday and planning on an early night wink

Hooray for cooler weather, it's actually really nice out today.

BR44 Fri 01-Jun-12 07:56:24

Glad to hear things are going to plan haloflo! You sound like a woman on a mission.

AF arrived 4 days ago so at least I know where I am now. I have ordered some ov tests and the fertility book kindly recommended by thinkingof4 and am determined that this will be the month. I'm getting all military.

frak and jakeyblueblue - EWCM baffles me. I think I have it sussed then a week later it's back again, so who knows.....!

Congratulations LilBlonde! It's nice to have proof that this can happen smile

I'm another one who's not sure what my body's doing. I had a few days of EWCM last week and got some SWI in, so that's promising, but I honestly don't feel PG so don't have very high hopes. I'll try to wait another week before POAS as it's pointless before then!

How's everyone else getting on?

catdoctor Fri 01-Jun-12 14:32:10

Hello all, can I join please?

DS is 22 months, feeding 1-2 times at night. I'm 44, no period yet, though things are 'developing'. My chances of another baby are so slim, I resent every week there's no sign of activity, but can't bring myself to wean.

Positive vibes appreciated! Can you fill me in on OPKs - isn't too late to DTD once you've got a positive?

Ta!

haloflo Fri 01-Jun-12 14:49:48

I am on a mission BR44! I just hope im not disappointed.

Perpetual EWCM is good, fingers crossed. When do you think you'll test? If no AF before 13/14 dpo, I think I'll test then. That will be 12 June.

catdoctor Welcome! With OPKs as soon as you get a positive I think you usually ovulate within 12-36 hours but according to baby centre, 12 hours before isn't the best time.

Stats stolen from baby centre about chances of getting pregnant each cycle:

four per cent if you have sex five days before ovulation
15 per cent if you have sex four days before ovulation
25 per cent to 28 per cent if you have sex one or two days before ovulation
eight per cent to 10 per cent if you have sex within 24 hours of ovulation.

Good luck!

Out of interest is it just night times you feed at?

So I studied the OPK on Wednesday and I reckon it was close enough to positive. Last cycle they they like that and AF arrived so that just might by how my positives look. Thursday brought sore nipples, my usual ov sign so i reckon that was my ovulating day or 1 dpo. We DTD at the right time, all there is to do is sit back at wait.

BR44 Fri 01-Jun-12 19:34:54

Those are interesting stats. Makes me smile at how horribly paranoid I was about NOT getting pregnant in my twenties...!

Elsabean Fri 01-Jun-12 21:32:48

Hello!
May I join aswell? Have a 12 month old who is being BF morning, evening (and sometimes during the night) and also in the day once/twice when he isn't in nursery. AF returned last week - so want to start to TTC #2 in earnest now. Would love some suggestions on how best to figure out ovulation etc.

This thread is not accepting new messages.