Where to buy IVF drugs in UK

(19 Posts)
lozster Sun 12-Feb-12 20:24:49

After a failed NHS cycle I'm ready to go again. This time I'm self funded so I'm looking to get my drugs as cheaply as possible from a reputable company.

On my NHS cycle I bought some 'extra' drugs not funded by the NHS these came from (I think) healthcare at home who the NHS sent my private prescription to. I've also read that Asda are meant to do cost price IVF drugs however, the article is from 2010 and I can't find any reference on their website. I've mailed them but suspect it may have been a shortlived publicity stunt!

Any how - any recommendations appreciated. Thanks

FlipFantasia Sun 12-Feb-12 21:44:50

Sorry to hear your first cycle didn't work.

Asda still do cost price fertility drugs afaik. Last year we were looking at doing ICSI round 2 (round 1 resulted in DS) and my quote from Asda was way cheaper than other options (including healthcare at home) - would have saved about four hundred pounds, so definitely worth it! I think I emailed asda too - emailed all of them, as was easiest way to keep track of the quotes - though only the local, massive out of town asda did them. The pharmacist was always v nice on the phone.

Good luck with your next cycle.

lozster Mon 13-Feb-12 20:28:26

Thanks Flip - it's encouraging to know Asda are actually doing cost price. I have two with a pharmacy that I can get to. I will dig some more when I'm armed with a prescription. thanks again

InTheSunshine Mon 13-Feb-12 20:46:40

Hello. Am very interested in this as we will have ICSI at some point soon. We've had to go privately; does anyone know if we will be able to get the drugs from anywhere else except our clinic?

FlipFantasia Mon 13-Feb-12 21:42:25

InTheSunshine I'd definitely recommend getting your drugs somewhere cheaper than your clinic - your clinic will probably be one of the most expensive options! Usually you have a bit of time so can shop around to extent as you should get your initial prescription that you can take away with you.

Once you start treatment, you may have to adjust your dose quickly eg up your stims, which may make using your clinic pharmacy more convenient. But otherwise I think shopping around for cheaper drugs is a great way to save some money.

lozster Mon 12-Mar-12 21:08:12

Just returning to update on this one in case anyone is interested. Asda do still sell at cost price which is (overall) cheaper than my clinic's company (healthcare at home). However, the real winner for me was Pharmasure Ltd
(customercare@pharmasure.co.uk) who sell Menopur at 14.56 a vial compared to £19 at healthcare at home and £16.56 at Asda - (I needed 55 vials). The disadvantage of Pharmasure is that they don't supply all drugs but my consultant was happy to write seperate prescriptions so I got Luveris elsewhere. All in all, for a bit of effort I saved about £250

BagofHolly Tue 13-Mar-12 14:41:38

I got my local independent pharmacy to shop around for me, but Ali at Fazeley's and Wellbeck St London are v good. There's loads of info on Fettilityfriends and Ali will post stuff out on a faxed prescription.

BagofHolly Tue 13-Mar-12 14:46:48

http://www.fertility2u.com/

lozster Tue 13-Mar-12 18:29:23

that's a very informative website - loads of drugs info and the only one I've seen with prices on. On my prescription they are cheaper than some but not as cheap as either Asda or Pharmasure, plus they add postage.

bugsylugs Tue 13-Mar-12 20:40:38

Marking space

mars37 Fri 21-Feb-14 06:57:55

I personally recommend you buy at www.bestrxgenerics.com they delivered for me and I got pregnant.

moph Tue 28-Oct-14 19:56:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Pierremontquaker Sun 29-Mar-15 15:40:55

Hi, we are shopping for IVF Drugs and went to Asda but they don't seem to be the cheapest anymore - Sainsbury's seem to be cheaper at the moment from our shopping around - has anyone had any experience of buying IVF drugs and finding somewhere cheaper? Me and my partner are going private - thru the NHS - but we need to save as much money as we can as the treatment is so expensive

suzymom Tue 05-Jan-16 12:50:22

mars37 Tue 26-Jan-16 22:29:43

Janets34 Tue 26-Jan-16 22:33:54

This is a good place to buy generic clomid etc. without a prescription 1stRxshop.com

Adanao Mon 04-Jul-16 20:06:40

Eugenie2014 Fri 29-Jul-16 21:33:31

Hi,
Does anyone know where i can buy Orgalutran for IVF on a weekend? Thanks.

user1471298594 Mon 15-Aug-16 23:05:44

You can get here with a online doctor consultation from this licensed u.k pharmacy (no previous prescription required) Dokteronline.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now