Bleeding at 6 weeks - IVF pregnancy

(12 Posts)
blacktreaclecat Sun 13-Nov-11 10:16:15

help
Red Bleeding started last night. Has settled a but this morning after I passed a stringy clot.
Have a scan tomorrow but so scared.
Anyone had this and been ok?

eurochick Sun 13-Nov-11 10:24:16

Hi there. My close friend had this with her second IVF pregnanacy (at the same stage as you and then on and off throughout). She had a tough 9 months but now has twins. I hope you have a good outcome too.

whereismywine Sun 13-Nov-11 12:33:58

Good luck btc not ivf, but my friend had red bleeding at 7 weeks but scan showed all was fine even though she was convinced otherwise. Her ds is now 6 months old. Rest up and thoughts to you.

eminencegrise Sun 13-Nov-11 12:35:49

I had this with two pregnancies (not IVF, though) and both are now healthy children. smile Best of luck.

wifey6 Sun 13-Nov-11 12:59:22

Best of luck btc....I do not have any advice to give.....just my best wishes. X

StitchingMoss Sun 13-Nov-11 17:32:51

Oh you poor thing - I've had 3 IVF pgs and bled in all 3. The first two sadly ended in m/c but the 3rd resulted in a healthy baby boy - I bled so badly with him, on and off all the way through the first trimester.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow - hope all is well x

blacktreaclecat Mon 14-Nov-11 19:20:07

Went to epu today and there was a 6 week blob with a heartbeat. Obviously very early days but relieved. The bleeding has settled to a brown discharge.
Thank you all

whereismywine Mon 14-Nov-11 19:25:38

I'm so glad for you! Take care x

MidnightHag Mon 14-Nov-11 19:30:34

This happened to me too..at 4 weeks, 6 weeks and then off and on till 17 weeks. So worrying , but such a relief when you see that heartbeat! I was admitted to the gynae ward on one occasion and was wheeled down for a scan in my dressing-gown. I can still remember how it felt to sit with all the happily expectant couples.
Did you have more than one embryo transplanted? The only explanation they could offer me is that two of my embryos started to implant but didn't make it. The good news is that the 3rd embryo is currently living in Sheffield, studying medicine. grin Hang on in there!

wifey6 Mon 14-Nov-11 19:39:48

That's fantastic news!!! So pleased for you. grin grin smile

StitchingMoss Mon 14-Nov-11 21:09:28

Fantastic news smile! Good luck for the rest of your pg x

blacktreaclecat Tue 15-Nov-11 06:48:08

No I had single embryo transfer. It was a grade 1 hatching blast though.
Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now