Cerazette poll: how long after stopping did you conceive?

(83 Posts)
singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 21:35:04

I know there's loads of horror stories but some people say it only took 2 weeks to conceive after stopping. I want to get pg asap after stopping - whats the average time?

Rhialouise1 Tue 24-Feb-15 15:42:05

Hi ladies new to this kinda thing but after reading all ur comments thought I would give it a go
Been on cerazette a very long time came off it roughly 8/9 weeks ago 3 s
Days later got my period lasting 5days ( or so I thought after a nurse today told me it probably wasn't ) havnt bled since but if it was I'm 14 days late.
Stomach is swollen extremely tired breast a little tender
Also did a hpt 4 days ago which was negative ?? Slightly confused.....
Good luck and we'll wishes to u all
Vicki xx

littlemiss06 Wed 18-Feb-15 09:06:11

I was on cerazette about 10 years, stopped taking it first of jan 2015, had spotting for three days on 22nd then full period 28 days later so seems my body is back to normal pretty quick

Stopped Cerazette, had one period, then got pregnant on both times of trying. Current 6ish weeks with no.2.

Haveheart Tue 17-Feb-15 08:09:26

I was on Cerazette for ten years. Came off mid December, had a period mid January and I'm now 5 weeks pregnant!

Flambola Mon 16-Feb-15 17:07:47

It took me about 14 months.

Number3cometome Mon 16-Feb-15 10:53:17

Was on Cerazette for 7 years, came off July, pregnant October.
Amazing considering DS took over a year, and DD 4 years to conceive.

Lisalally1983 Sun 15-Feb-15 09:58:13

I was on Cerazette for 4 years (taking double doses for 2 of those years as I was overweight) and came off it the first week in November (2014). I got my first period on Christmas Eve and got my positive test on Valentine's Day!

mrsdos Tue 09-Dec-14 13:03:52

Hi Virtual, how lucky to have had AF so soon! I stopped taking cerazette in Oct after 7(ish) years with only 4 or so periods in that time. I have had no withdrawal bleed, nothing! Did a CB Ov test last week as had ewcm which was positive so just have to wait and see now...! Like you, I wish I had known what would happen when I stopped instead of thinking it was brilliant not having AF while taking it!

virtualrach Tue 09-Dec-14 10:20:21

I came off cerazette 17th Sept (after having been on it about 5 years, with no periods). Had a period 3.5 weeks later, and then another bang on 28 days later (in Nov), so was feeling v pleased with my body! Just had first month ttc in Nov. If my cycle was 28 days, then I am now 3 days late (but bfn on tests), so I don't know what's going on!? Maybe I didn't ovulate, maybe I'm not regular, maybe it is taking me longer to get back to normal after all... All very frustrating. I don't think if I was doing it all over again I'd taken any form of hormonal contraception. It screws with your body too much!

WantingToBeLuckyLaura Wed 19-Nov-14 15:08:44

Hi Ladies, Just came across this poll while doing some more research.. just for a change!

I officially came off Cerazette on 3rd November this year not so long ago and missed pills on 31st and 1st November...

The first week off Cerazette was hurrendous!! hormones alert!! so far things seem to have settled down but I'm convinced I'm pregnant now! or my body is at least...

+ bloating
+ gas
+ cant lay on my stomach at night anymore
+ Tired
+ had cramps in the first to second week including down the left hand side, now I'm left with little twinges
+ joints ache
+ back ache!!
+ head ache
+ slight abdominal cramping

*note the ache ache ache! haha *

I've not had a withdrawl bleed, I've not had any spotting or bleeding at all to be honest!

Just noticed there is a potentially pink mark in the lining of my underwear.. but could just be my eyes haha

I've noted from research NHS advises to test 3 weeks after unprotected intercourse, so for me, that would mean sometime next week... or if i can wait.. the week after.. to which I would then be 5-6 weeks... should i get a bfp..

However, I couldnt wait.. I was convinced the first week dont ask me why obv bfn... took a test this monday.... bfn.. so now I'm waiting... (she says!!)

Today I have terrible headaches, increased temp, bloating and it feels like I am constantly releasing something.. possibly cm.. who knows!

Either way, it's all driving me bonkers! I want my BFP!! NOW!!

Lots of sticky baby dust ladies! smile

L xx

Me624 Tue 28-Oct-14 21:36:32

I came off cerazette at the end of feb. My periods had stopped completely and it was two months before I had the first one after stopping, counting from then I'm now on cycle 7 and not got my bfp yet but still trying!

sarahlou20 Tue 28-Oct-14 16:29:33

Thanks Sweets. I'm sure it was just one of those things and I hope I haven't worried you too much. MC is unfortunately very very common and I'm sure if you were to research into the instances of it after any contraceptive pill you'd find the same thing.

Yes, I'm TTC again. Am in the two week wait at the moment and am aiming to do a test on Mon or Tues as I'm having some very promising signs smile. All the very best when you TTC in the new year too. x

Sweets27 Tue 28-Oct-14 16:06:45

Really sorry to hear that, sarahlou. I'm a bit worried after hearing a lot of stories about MCs after comingo ff Cerazette, but I hope it was just an anomaly for you. Are you TTC again now? Best of luck!

sarahlou20 Tue 28-Oct-14 15:57:18

Hi Emmlou81 and Sweets - Yes, I was on Cerazette for three years from March 2011 until March 2014. I didn't have any periods while I was on it and then fell pregnant pretty quickly in April before AF arrived but unfortunately I had a MMC at 9 weeks (the pregnancy only measured 6 weeks).

I would definitely recommend coming off the pill for a couple of months before TTC to let your hormone levels settle down to normal. I don't know if that had anything to do with my MC and it was probably just bad luck really, but in a way I wish I'd had a couple of normal cycles first.

Sweets27 Tue 28-Oct-14 15:42:44

Hi EmmLou and others, just thought I'd add my tuppence worth! Sorry to hear you've been feeling ill EmmLou.

Does anyone else have experience of coming off Cerazette and TTC, since the original posts on here from 2012/2013? Any success stories from those who were posting back then?

My husband and I want to TTC in the new year, but I'm thinking about coming off Cerazette before then to give me some time for cycles to re-normalise. Been on it 10+ years so I'm sure there's a lot of readjusting to do...!

Emmlou81 Sun 26-Oct-14 11:42:03

I've been on cerzatte for 5 years been off it 3 mths still nothing confused had terrible sickness after taken it ...safe to say I'll never be taken it again angry

nectarini1983 Sat 23-Mar-13 18:06:21

Fell pg with my daughter same month as had tube removed following ectopic pregnancy Feb 2009.

Stopped taking cerazette in may 2010 and took me til june 2011 to fall pregnant with my son.

After my son took cerazette again as was breast feeding, stopped end August 2012 and fell pg in Sept 2012 but sadly lost my second boy at 17 weeks pg.

I'll never take it again as just didn't feel "me" and doesn't seem natural to not have a period.

Suggest not suggested!

Hi! I suggested testing every other day until period turns up as you might be on a 35 dayer this month! Good luck. X

jules06709 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:21:36

hi wonder if any1 can help. i've been off cerazette for 7mth now after been on it 8yrs how long would you think it likely to take me to conceive...i already have 3 children of which my 1st i got caught with my 1st time having sex :/ my second i'd been on femodine for 2 1/2 yrs an conceived whilst still on it an my 3rd i was off femodine 3mth after been on it 8yrs....i have had regular(ish) periods for 6mth 4 have been 28day cycles an 2 were 35day cycles...working on the 28 day 1 i am now 2 days late but still had a negative test..we've been trying almost every day this month so i would have been ovulating 1 of the days..i have had various other symptoms such as headaches needin t pee constantly nausea an few others but im baffled by the negative test..advice please lol

Hi All. Name change again as im now 34 years old!

Just thought I'd update you. I'm now 12 weeks preg and going for scan tomorrow so took me about 5 months to get BFP.

Anyone else got lucky?

Swedeheeed Thu 20-Dec-12 17:23:40

I'm on day 26 after coming off cerezette no AF yet.TTC so will test at weekend!

MotherOfCleo Thu 20-Dec-12 14:49:35

Sorry just checked and for the last 3 years I was on cilest not cerazete....my bad sorry.

deliasmithy Thu 20-Dec-12 01:13:46

I had read info on the net that didn't indicate any problems, so I naively stopped cerazette just before TTC. I then didn't get 1st AF for 10 weeks. I wish I had known.

MotherOfCleo Thu 20-Dec-12 00:21:51

im on month 4 but this is only the third cycle....fingers crossed i get my bfp this month! Ive been on the pill for 10 years, didnt take my body long to sort itself out...thankfully!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now