Cerazette poll: how long after stopping did you conceive?

(67 Posts)
singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 21:35:04

I know there's loads of horror stories but some people say it only took 2 weeks to conceive after stopping. I want to get pg asap after stopping - whats the average time?

33andTTC Thu 02-Aug-12 16:08:19

Eeeeek!!! Congrats GotMyLittleLamb! Hope I'm the same.

Lorelei353 Thu 02-Aug-12 16:33:35

I came off in June and when I went to GP in July she told me start TTC straight away as your body goes into overdrive after coming off it - which is why you can get pregnant if you miss one. Unfortunately the GP appt was 3 1/2 weeks after I'd stopped taking it so I guess I missed the window. Got AF a few days later.
Am ovulating at the moment so hoping for BFP in a few weeks! If not, it'll be interesting to see when AF comes and what my cycles are like.

Luckylam Fri 03-Aug-12 22:33:06

Hi 33 I will be lurking here to see what others say, I stopped taking cerazette about 4 weeks ago and have had BFN and no AF, good luck x

33andTTC Tue 07-Aug-12 14:03:25

Hi LuckyIam I'm still waiting for AF or BFP but only been 2 and bit weeks since stopping Cerazette. Keep us posted wheather AF or BFP. Have you been having any symptoms of either? I have got big sore boobs and im really hungry but I don't know if this is related to coming off pill..? Really hope we are both blessed this month!

Priscillaqueenofdessert Tue 07-Aug-12 22:48:31

I came off it in March last year as we wanted to TTC straight away and have only had 3 periods since and tests have come back to say that I'm not ovulating sad we're are now waiting for our appointment from the fertility clinic. If I had known the problems it could cause I would never have started taking it!

Luckylam Tue 07-Aug-12 23:08:41

33 I had a lot of preg symptoms a few weeks ago, but apparently that's really common after stopping cerazette, I tested then and got bfn so was def just side affects of coming off pill, my boobs r still
A bit sore and bigger and I'm peeing more,,I think,,it could all be in my head, are you ttc%231? I'm ttc%233 have dd5 and ds2 just now x

Luckylam Tue 07-Aug-12 23:10:10

Errmm not sure why I love percentage signs there, should read ate you ttc no1? I'm ttc no3

SizzleSazz Tue 07-Aug-12 23:11:56

Took me 3 months after coming off. Periods returned month 1 and were regular as clockwork.

neontetra Tue 07-Aug-12 23:18:13

Took me five months. I'm 33 and had been taking it for about seven years. Dd is four months old now. Watch out for the pregnancy type symptoms when you first come off it - nightmare!

CelticOlympian Tue 07-Aug-12 23:23:44

Two months for me after six months of Cerazette following several years of depo-provera.

Shame DC2 isn't coming as easily.

33andTTC Wed 08-Aug-12 09:35:16

Ttc no 1 so its all bew to me. Sad at news that my symptoms seem to be from coming off cerazette. Was getting hopefull sad

33andTTC Wed 08-Aug-12 09:35:36

New even

33andTTC Wed 08-Aug-12 09:39:43

Btw, im peeing more too. Cruel symptoms x

33andTTC Thu 09-Aug-12 12:15:12

Well, symptoms were defo AF ones. Came on yesterday afternoon so offically in 1st cycle now. Tiredness, sore boobs, hungry, etc all been replaced with bloatedness and period pains. At least my body is getting back to normal (i hope!) in readines to try this month. Lets hope I actually ovulate after all this pain.

How's it going Luckylam? AF or BFP yet?

hopeful92 Thu 09-Aug-12 21:50:30

I stopped taking cerazette on 13th July (bloody friday 13th aswell) and am yet to have AF. Been feeling very moody/emotional, bloated, sick and sore boobs but im not preg as done test. I just have a horrible feeling that its gonna take me ages to get a BFP sad I know ive only been ttc for 4 weeks but it already feels like forever sad my sister in law got pregnant with both her childreb so quickly I just know that won't happen for me x

Luckylam Thu 09-Aug-12 22:26:49

Sorry bout AF 33 but like u say at least you sort of know where your at. Still no AF for me will be almost 6 weeks off the pill which isn't that long, I suppose, not tested again, will mayb do it tomo, bit scared to, don't know why x

Pipbin Thu 09-Aug-12 23:48:26

14 months later and I'm still waiting.

33andTTC Fri 10-Aug-12 15:25:47

Hi hopeful92, sounds like your AF or BFP will turn up soon if you are feeling like that. Hope it's BFP.

LuckuIam - have you done a test today???!!!

Sorry Pipbin sad fingers crossed for you this month.

kefybaby Sat 11-Aug-12 10:34:43

I was not aware of the horror stories until a few months ago when I came across a thread about them. I got off the pill straight away as we were planning to TTC a few months later - to give us some extra TTC time to make up for any "cerazette delays". A few weeks later I had a BFP in my hand! grin Now I am 11 weeks.

33andTTC Sun 12-Aug-12 17:41:43

Oooh congrats. I suppose you will always find horror stories about everything if you google it. No one shouts much about non-dramatic stuff do they. Hearing more positives is giving me hope x

Luckylam Sun 12-Aug-12 18:56:57

Another encouraging post here,,,tested yesterday and a very strong BFP gringrin

Roughly 6 weeks since stopping cerazette.

Excited,scared,shocked,but loving it!! X

33andTTC Mon 13-Aug-12 11:10:06

Oh wow luckiam! very exciting for you, congrats!!! What are you symptoms if any? Im taking notes... smile

Luckylam Tue 14-Aug-12 19:11:28

Thanks 33 symptoms so far are sore boobs, still peeing alot and a loss of appetite! Know from previous pregnancies that it will come back with a vengeance soon tho! How ru? Ru testing soon? X

33andTTC Wed 15-Aug-12 10:20:58

even though I had 'AF' i am still feeling tired and starving all the time. starting thinking maybe AF was Implantation bleed (I've heard people get that, did you? how long did it last?) AF wasn't much at all and only lasted 2/3 days. Maybe I am just wishfull thinking? Got an achey feeling down there today..? I got some OV sticks and did one this morning as I'm on cycle day 7 and thought maybe I might be OV'ing (hence achey) but negative. Maybe I'm justing getting these symptoms from coming off Cerazette July 22nd?!! Aaaah I'm doing my own head in! smile

Have you been to the doctors yet? What happens next? So excited for you!!!

33PinkLadyApple Tue 28-Aug-12 13:47:27

Name change alert!

well I had a weird 2nd AF on the 19th. Only lasted a couple of days?! so i don;t know whether it counts or not. I have been using OPK's and all negative so far sad anyone else got good news?

lucky how are you getting on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now