Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Cerazette poll: how long after stopping did you conceive?

(83 Posts)
singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 21:35:04

I know there's loads of horror stories but some people say it only took 2 weeks to conceive after stopping. I want to get pg asap after stopping - whats the average time?

AuntieDoris Tue 31-May-11 21:50:43

I stopped taking it in August - still waiting sad

beanstalk Tue 31-May-11 21:53:22

2 weeks for me. I didn't even have a period. Sorry Doris :-(

singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 21:54:28

Sorry to hear that AD - can i ask if you have the same sort of cycle as you did before taking it?

TreacleChops Tue 31-May-11 22:14:37

i stopped cerazette in January 2009 - never had periods while on it, periods still not come back to normal - being TTCing offically since December, been TTCing unofficially since June - a year sad

RedFox16 Tue 31-May-11 22:17:45

I wasnt on Cezarette, but i stopped my pill (microgynon) and concieved a month later xx

nellie02 Tue 31-May-11 22:18:21

Still waiting too...but my cycles have been all over the shop since I came off three months ago. They used to be 33 days, but longest so far has been 22 days. so I'm not convinced they've all been 'proper' periods.

Actually today AF is due and no signs whatsoever....I'm hoping either cycle returning to normal or we've hit the baby jackpot! (big hope emoticon!)

Thanks sign for starting this thread as I'm v curious to hear other's experience.

singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 22:59:23

fingers crossed for you nellie

AuntieDoris Tue 31-May-11 23:03:09

Yep, my cycles have been as regular now as they were before, with the exception of my current cycle which is mental.

singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 23:17:01

well then fingers crossed for you too doris

Bexamundo Wed 01-Jun-11 06:30:53

18 months and counting (but to be fair, my have pcos - about to have investigations- so I may be an anomaly in your study!

spannermary Sun 10-Jul-11 11:45:45

I've been off Cerazette for 2 weeks and haven't had a bleed yet - is that normal? I always had really regular bleeds Pre-Cerazette and thought I'd bleed straight away! Xx

candzsmum Sun 10-Jul-11 11:52:55

I had one period (a couple of weeks after stopping) and then fell pregnant. Good luck all.

Pipbin Sun 10-Jul-11 13:11:38

Came of in April and TTC straight away. Stopped TTC until yesterday when we started again. I have had two regular cycles which have been a text book 28 days. Let's see what happens!

Cyclebump Sun 10-Jul-11 13:17:33

Eight months with no real 'trying' and very irregular cycle.

KikiRC Sun 10-Jul-11 18:59:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

33andTTC Wed 01-Aug-12 14:02:54

Hi, Sorry to open an old thread but I've just come off cerrazette (about a week and a half ago) to TTC and I am curious to know how long it takes?!!! I haven't had a period yet but have OV'd and done the deed so have my fingers crossed... Anyone on this thread before got any updates? x

DiscoDomina Wed 01-Aug-12 15:21:24

Got my BFP in under three months after stopping Cerazette (two proper cycles) I'm 14 wks today smile

BFP 2 months after stopping - am 32 weeks now

Chocaholics Wed 01-Aug-12 15:38:18

Stopped taking it in Feb, had a period at the end of march and fell pregnant in June. Never had a period in April do had to have a dating scan to confirm how pregnant I am. So really quickly.

Happilymarried155 Wed 01-Aug-12 18:32:12

18 months and still counting for me sad

HaveALittleFaith Wed 01-Aug-12 20:50:40

2 1/2 years and counting for us now (I was bexamundo) but our fertility issues have nothing to do with that. I'm not convinced its a problematic as it is thought to be.

33andTTC Thu 02-Aug-12 15:33:12

Some positive, some not so. Thanks all. I guess everyone is different, I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones. Happily and Have, I have fingers crossed for you both x

Came off in January, used condoms till May, then got pregnant straight away.

I think I read on another thread that it's not that cerazette causes fertility problems, but it can mask the symptoms (eg irregular periods) so you don't know you have a problem until you start to ttc.

Fingers crossed for those still trying.

less than 2 weeks, didn't even have a period grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now