Cerazette poll: how long after stopping did you conceive?

(67 Posts)
singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 21:35:04

I know there's loads of horror stories but some people say it only took 2 weeks to conceive after stopping. I want to get pg asap after stopping - whats the average time?

AuntieDoris Tue 31-May-11 21:50:43

I stopped taking it in August - still waiting sad

beanstalk Tue 31-May-11 21:53:22

2 weeks for me. I didn't even have a period. Sorry Doris :-(

singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 21:54:28

Sorry to hear that AD - can i ask if you have the same sort of cycle as you did before taking it?

TreacleChops Tue 31-May-11 22:14:37

i stopped cerazette in January 2009 - never had periods while on it, periods still not come back to normal - being TTCing offically since December, been TTCing unofficially since June - a year sad

RedFox16 Tue 31-May-11 22:17:45

I wasnt on Cezarette, but i stopped my pill (microgynon) and concieved a month later xx

nellie02 Tue 31-May-11 22:18:21

Still waiting too...but my cycles have been all over the shop since I came off three months ago. They used to be 33 days, but longest so far has been 22 days. so I'm not convinced they've all been 'proper' periods.

Actually today AF is due and no signs whatsoever....I'm hoping either cycle returning to normal or we've hit the baby jackpot! (big hope emoticon!)

Thanks sign for starting this thread as I'm v curious to hear other's experience.

singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 22:59:23

fingers crossed for you nellie

AuntieDoris Tue 31-May-11 23:03:09

Yep, my cycles have been as regular now as they were before, with the exception of my current cycle which is mental.

singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 23:17:01

well then fingers crossed for you too doris

Bexamundo Wed 01-Jun-11 06:30:53

18 months and counting (but to be fair, my have pcos - about to have investigations- so I may be an anomaly in your study!

spannermary Sun 10-Jul-11 11:45:45

I've been off Cerazette for 2 weeks and haven't had a bleed yet - is that normal? I always had really regular bleeds Pre-Cerazette and thought I'd bleed straight away! Xx

candzsmum Sun 10-Jul-11 11:52:55

I had one period (a couple of weeks after stopping) and then fell pregnant. Good luck all.

Pipbin Sun 10-Jul-11 13:11:38

Came of in April and TTC straight away. Stopped TTC until yesterday when we started again. I have had two regular cycles which have been a text book 28 days. Let's see what happens!

Cyclebump Sun 10-Jul-11 13:17:33

Eight months with no real 'trying' and very irregular cycle.

KikiRC Sun 10-Jul-11 18:59:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

33andTTC Wed 01-Aug-12 14:02:54

Hi, Sorry to open an old thread but I've just come off cerrazette (about a week and a half ago) to TTC and I am curious to know how long it takes?!!! I haven't had a period yet but have OV'd and done the deed so have my fingers crossed... Anyone on this thread before got any updates? x

DiscoDomina Wed 01-Aug-12 15:21:24

Got my BFP in under three months after stopping Cerazette (two proper cycles) I'm 14 wks today smile

BFP 2 months after stopping - am 32 weeks now

Chocaholics Wed 01-Aug-12 15:38:18

Stopped taking it in Feb, had a period at the end of march and fell pregnant in June. Never had a period in April do had to have a dating scan to confirm how pregnant I am. So really quickly.

Happilymarried155 Wed 01-Aug-12 18:32:12

18 months and still counting for me sad

HaveALittleFaith Wed 01-Aug-12 20:50:40

2 1/2 years and counting for us now (I was bexamundo) but our fertility issues have nothing to do with that. I'm not convinced its a problematic as it is thought to be.

33andTTC Thu 02-Aug-12 15:33:12

Some positive, some not so. Thanks all. I guess everyone is different, I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones. Happily and Have, I have fingers crossed for you both x

Came off in January, used condoms till May, then got pregnant straight away.

I think I read on another thread that it's not that cerazette causes fertility problems, but it can mask the symptoms (eg irregular periods) so you don't know you have a problem until you start to ttc.

Fingers crossed for those still trying.

less than 2 weeks, didn't even have a period grin

33andTTC Thu 02-Aug-12 16:08:19

Eeeeek!!! Congrats GotMyLittleLamb! Hope I'm the same.

Lorelei353 Thu 02-Aug-12 16:33:35

I came off in June and when I went to GP in July she told me start TTC straight away as your body goes into overdrive after coming off it - which is why you can get pregnant if you miss one. Unfortunately the GP appt was 3 1/2 weeks after I'd stopped taking it so I guess I missed the window. Got AF a few days later.
Am ovulating at the moment so hoping for BFP in a few weeks! If not, it'll be interesting to see when AF comes and what my cycles are like.

Luckylam Fri 03-Aug-12 22:33:06

Hi 33 I will be lurking here to see what others say, I stopped taking cerazette about 4 weeks ago and have had BFN and no AF, good luck x

33andTTC Tue 07-Aug-12 14:03:25

Hi LuckyIam I'm still waiting for AF or BFP but only been 2 and bit weeks since stopping Cerazette. Keep us posted wheather AF or BFP. Have you been having any symptoms of either? I have got big sore boobs and im really hungry but I don't know if this is related to coming off pill..? Really hope we are both blessed this month!

Priscillaqueenofdessert Tue 07-Aug-12 22:48:31

I came off it in March last year as we wanted to TTC straight away and have only had 3 periods since and tests have come back to say that I'm not ovulating sad we're are now waiting for our appointment from the fertility clinic. If I had known the problems it could cause I would never have started taking it!

Luckylam Tue 07-Aug-12 23:08:41

33 I had a lot of preg symptoms a few weeks ago, but apparently that's really common after stopping cerazette, I tested then and got bfn so was def just side affects of coming off pill, my boobs r still
A bit sore and bigger and I'm peeing more,,I think,,it could all be in my head, are you ttc%231? I'm ttc%233 have dd5 and ds2 just now x

Luckylam Tue 07-Aug-12 23:10:10

Errmm not sure why I love percentage signs there, should read ate you ttc no1? I'm ttc no3

SizzleSazz Tue 07-Aug-12 23:11:56

Took me 3 months after coming off. Periods returned month 1 and were regular as clockwork.

neontetra Tue 07-Aug-12 23:18:13

Took me five months. I'm 33 and had been taking it for about seven years. Dd is four months old now. Watch out for the pregnancy type symptoms when you first come off it - nightmare!

CelticOlympian Tue 07-Aug-12 23:23:44

Two months for me after six months of Cerazette following several years of depo-provera.

Shame DC2 isn't coming as easily.

33andTTC Wed 08-Aug-12 09:35:16

Ttc no 1 so its all bew to me. Sad at news that my symptoms seem to be from coming off cerazette. Was getting hopefull sad

33andTTC Wed 08-Aug-12 09:35:36

New even

33andTTC Wed 08-Aug-12 09:39:43

Btw, im peeing more too. Cruel symptoms x

33andTTC Thu 09-Aug-12 12:15:12

Well, symptoms were defo AF ones. Came on yesterday afternoon so offically in 1st cycle now. Tiredness, sore boobs, hungry, etc all been replaced with bloatedness and period pains. At least my body is getting back to normal (i hope!) in readines to try this month. Lets hope I actually ovulate after all this pain.

How's it going Luckylam? AF or BFP yet?

hopeful92 Thu 09-Aug-12 21:50:30

I stopped taking cerazette on 13th July (bloody friday 13th aswell) and am yet to have AF. Been feeling very moody/emotional, bloated, sick and sore boobs but im not preg as done test. I just have a horrible feeling that its gonna take me ages to get a BFP sad I know ive only been ttc for 4 weeks but it already feels like forever sad my sister in law got pregnant with both her childreb so quickly I just know that won't happen for me x

Luckylam Thu 09-Aug-12 22:26:49

Sorry bout AF 33 but like u say at least you sort of know where your at. Still no AF for me will be almost 6 weeks off the pill which isn't that long, I suppose, not tested again, will mayb do it tomo, bit scared to, don't know why x

Pipbin Thu 09-Aug-12 23:48:26

14 months later and I'm still waiting.

33andTTC Fri 10-Aug-12 15:25:47

Hi hopeful92, sounds like your AF or BFP will turn up soon if you are feeling like that. Hope it's BFP.

LuckuIam - have you done a test today???!!!

Sorry Pipbin sad fingers crossed for you this month.

kefybaby Sat 11-Aug-12 10:34:43

I was not aware of the horror stories until a few months ago when I came across a thread about them. I got off the pill straight away as we were planning to TTC a few months later - to give us some extra TTC time to make up for any "cerazette delays". A few weeks later I had a BFP in my hand! grin Now I am 11 weeks.

33andTTC Sun 12-Aug-12 17:41:43

Oooh congrats. I suppose you will always find horror stories about everything if you google it. No one shouts much about non-dramatic stuff do they. Hearing more positives is giving me hope x

Luckylam Sun 12-Aug-12 18:56:57

Another encouraging post here,,,tested yesterday and a very strong BFP gringrin

Roughly 6 weeks since stopping cerazette.

Excited,scared,shocked,but loving it!! X

33andTTC Mon 13-Aug-12 11:10:06

Oh wow luckiam! very exciting for you, congrats!!! What are you symptoms if any? Im taking notes... smile

Luckylam Tue 14-Aug-12 19:11:28

Thanks 33 symptoms so far are sore boobs, still peeing alot and a loss of appetite! Know from previous pregnancies that it will come back with a vengeance soon tho! How ru? Ru testing soon? X

33andTTC Wed 15-Aug-12 10:20:58

even though I had 'AF' i am still feeling tired and starving all the time. starting thinking maybe AF was Implantation bleed (I've heard people get that, did you? how long did it last?) AF wasn't much at all and only lasted 2/3 days. Maybe I am just wishfull thinking? Got an achey feeling down there today..? I got some OV sticks and did one this morning as I'm on cycle day 7 and thought maybe I might be OV'ing (hence achey) but negative. Maybe I'm justing getting these symptoms from coming off Cerazette July 22nd?!! Aaaah I'm doing my own head in! smile

Have you been to the doctors yet? What happens next? So excited for you!!!

33PinkLadyApple Tue 28-Aug-12 13:47:27

Name change alert!

well I had a weird 2nd AF on the 19th. Only lasted a couple of days?! so i don;t know whether it counts or not. I have been using OPK's and all negative so far sad anyone else got good news?

lucky how are you getting on?

with DS1, I fell pregnant whilst taking cerezette (No antibiotics to screw it up or anything!) and with DS2 I came off it in Jan 2011 and fell pregnant during 1st week of March 2011 so roughly six weeks. hth

33PinkLadyApple Tue 28-Aug-12 14:08:01

oooh thanks gusjust what I needed to hear. how were your periods when you came of it, or didn;t you have one?

congrats on both DS's!

33pinkladyapple when trying to conceive ds2, the one I had was very very light and only lasted 3 days as opposed to the normal 5. With ds1 I only used to get af every 4 months and again was quite light compared to before I started on it.
Thanks, they're lovely little chaps, can't believe how quick it's gone though, ds1 starts school next week!

aine1224 Tue 28-Aug-12 15:59:48

Hi im new to this whole thing, mumsnet and conception both!! just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my concerns

I had my implant removed in June after 7 years and have been on the pill (microgynon )since then (June - Aug) is it advisable to come of the pill and have a natural period before ttc? or does it matter much??

33PinkLadyApple Tue 28-Aug-12 16:15:08

gus ooh my 2 have been very light and only lasted 2/3 days. Hopefully I'll be the same as you and get pg pretty quickly. fx.

FriendofDorothy Tue 28-Aug-12 16:24:59

It took me 20 months after coming off Cerazette.

Shanade23 Wed 24-Oct-12 22:38:47

I heard that it was difficult to conceive after coming off cerazette so i stopped taking it 6 months earlier than I had planned to give myself chance to conceive and I'm happy to say I caught after only 2 weeks smile no period either. Was abit shocked that it has happened so fast so I'm still trying to take it all in ATM

Char94x Thu 06-Dec-12 15:48:41

I was on cerazette for just under 3 months, stopped taking it a week today! (29/11/2012). I'm quite worried as usually I would come on straight away if I missed a pill, its now been a week of no pills and there is still no sign of any bleeding! Me and my boyfriend are TTC, and we started doing the deed straight away (every night for the past week to be completely honest). Is it too soon to ask if I'm pregnant!?

MotherOfCleo Thu 20-Dec-12 00:21:51

im on month 4 but this is only the third cycle....fingers crossed i get my bfp this month! Ive been on the pill for 10 years, didnt take my body long to sort itself out...thankfully!

deliasmithy Thu 20-Dec-12 01:13:46

I had read info on the net that didn't indicate any problems, so I naively stopped cerazette just before TTC. I then didn't get 1st AF for 10 weeks. I wish I had known.

MotherOfCleo Thu 20-Dec-12 14:49:35

Sorry just checked and for the last 3 years I was on cilest not cerazete....my bad sorry.

Swedeheeed Thu 20-Dec-12 17:23:40

I'm on day 26 after coming off cerezette no AF yet.TTC so will test at weekend!

Hi All. Name change again as im now 34 years old!

Just thought I'd update you. I'm now 12 weeks preg and going for scan tomorrow so took me about 5 months to get BFP.

Anyone else got lucky?

jules06709 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:21:36

hi wonder if any1 can help. i've been off cerazette for 7mth now after been on it 8yrs how long would you think it likely to take me to conceive...i already have 3 children of which my 1st i got caught with my 1st time having sex :/ my second i'd been on femodine for 2 1/2 yrs an conceived whilst still on it an my 3rd i was off femodine 3mth after been on it 8yrs....i have had regular(ish) periods for 6mth 4 have been 28day cycles an 2 were 35day cycles...working on the 28 day 1 i am now 2 days late but still had a negative test..we've been trying almost every day this month so i would have been ovulating 1 of the days..i have had various other symptoms such as headaches needin t pee constantly nausea an few others but im baffled by the negative test..advice please lol

Hi! I suggested testing every other day until period turns up as you might be on a 35 dayer this month! Good luck. X

Suggest not suggested!

nectarini1983 Sat 23-Mar-13 18:06:21

Fell pg with my daughter same month as had tube removed following ectopic pregnancy Feb 2009.

Stopped taking cerazette in may 2010 and took me til june 2011 to fall pregnant with my son.

After my son took cerazette again as was breast feeding, stopped end August 2012 and fell pg in Sept 2012 but sadly lost my second boy at 17 weeks pg.

I'll never take it again as just didn't feel "me" and doesn't seem natural to not have a period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now