TTC a 2012 baby, this is our year !!!

(988 Posts)
weimy Thu 24-Mar-11 13:22:20

I am about to start cycle 5 and wondered if there were any fellow sex pests out there who wanted to join me in regular swi, not so regular poas and plenty of wine, biscuit, brew and [chocolate emoticon].

MickyLee Thu 24-Mar-11 13:56:54

Hello Weimy <<waves>> So is is just us two then?

maybebabyR Thu 24-Mar-11 14:00:37

Can I join??!! Just in case the December bus throws me off?

MickyLee Thu 24-Mar-11 14:08:50

Are we all warming our seats up grin

maybebabyR Thu 24-Mar-11 14:15:21

I am going to make mine nice and comfy smile

2520IsAMagicNumber Thu 24-Mar-11 14:18:22

i would love to have a january baby! we got married this year on Jan 21st and started trying straight away! imagine if our baby was born on our one year anniversary!! eep! I never even thought about it before now but I have tears in my eyes! that would be amazing! count me in xxxxxx

MickyLee Thu 24-Mar-11 14:26:08

Hi magic That would be a perfect anniversary present. Good luck

whitegold Thu 24-Mar-11 14:32:18

Also reserving my seat! grin

weimy Thu 24-Mar-11 15:06:54

good to see you all! I've got dvds and a quiz for later!!!

MickyLee Thu 24-Mar-11 15:13:36

Ooo.. Lovely but BE-WARNED if we team up for the quiz, I have the most crap general knowledge known to man! grin

maybebabyR Thu 24-Mar-11 15:15:24

Ooooh, I love a quiz. Not that I am competitive mind you...

eeyore2 Thu 24-Mar-11 15:17:59

Hi there, can I join? Have been holding off the 'buses' but think it's time for me to be lured in now... TTC No2, CD5, cycle 3. Loooong cycles so not likely to have a due date until jan if we were lucky this time. Anyone else have annoyingly and boringly long cycles to endure together?

whitegold Thu 24-Mar-11 16:10:59

Hi eeyore, I do usually have longish cycles so would have probably been due in January myself should I get lucky this time... however due to a strange shorter-than-normal cycle this time round I would still have an end of December due date! Hope this makes sense!! How long are your cycles usually? Mine tend to be around 36 days, which doesn't seem like that long, but its still an extra week to drive myself crazy until af arrives smile

whitegold Thu 24-Mar-11 16:12:18

ps I'm up for the quiz as long as we get to have wine grin

weimy Thu 24-Mar-11 18:02:30

oh yeah I've got loads stashed in the back here wine wine wine!

SlightlyBabyCrazed Thu 24-Mar-11 18:51:36

Hi all <waving bashfully>

Can I join this bus, am determined to be a 2012 mother - seems Auntie didn't want me to have the pre-Christmas joy I was hoping for until today!

Never been on a bus before, so go easy on me!!

SBC

weimy Thu 24-Mar-11 19:29:48

Hey SBC welcome!

I prefer to think of this as a coach, we've got toilets and a tea trolley and a dvd and everything grin.

maybebabyR Thu 24-Mar-11 20:08:55

Welcome eeyore and SBC

I'll provide the baked goods weimy I make mean lemon drizzle and brownies grin

SlightlyBabyCrazed Thu 24-Mar-11 20:19:43

Can we stop for KFC? grin I promise not to get any grease on the upholstery!

fragglerocks Thu 24-Mar-11 20:32:47

Ooooh new thread!!

Hi weimy and maybe and also hi to all the new names

My story is as follows:
TTC#1
I have stupid 33 day cycles which annoy the crap out of me!!
I am also 12 days late with AF
Have had a zillion BFNs
Off to doctors tomorrow

Pretty sure i'm not PG so if we are lucky next cycle then it will be a 2012 baby! Woo hoo!

Good luck sex pests

weimy Thu 24-Mar-11 21:46:35

Hi fraggle ! Fx for tomorrow!

oops forgot to welcome eeyore !!

mmmmm baked goods I think I love you maybe!

TreacleChops Thu 24-Mar-11 22:33:14

Hello i'm jumping aboard

makes her seat lovely and cosey with a aran knitted throw

New around here so i'll give u my stats

TTC #1
i have boardering on rediculous cycles, arranging from 31 days to 92, which like most of your lovely ladies on here, annoys the life out of me too!!!
AF just caught me so i am CD 3 of my second cycle, been TTCing since January, and i would LOVE a 2012 baby :D

I love red wine, cakes, chocolate, naughty foods and pub quizes!! I used to go one regularly with my old work mates until i moved towns!!! miss it now when i think about it!

Good luck to all you lovely ladies passes White chocolate muffins around coach

trope Fri 25-Mar-11 09:17:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2520IsAMagicNumber Fri 25-Mar-11 10:03:32

glad most people have long and/or annoying cycles! so do I! Mines are anywhere between 25 and 35 days! WTF!

Anyway im a youngun! The grand ol ae of 20! Married (met him at 15!) (awwww!) And TTC no1.

Im prob stopping myself from ovulating as im so stressed out with doubts that hubby wants children :S he keeps saying he does but we've had "it" about 5 times in 2 months.... hmmm.... duno im just stressed today we've been arguing the past 2 days

So basically im just waiting for my P to start in 10 days or so, so i can start charting as i know how to do it properly!

Levana Fri 25-Mar-11 13:07:15

Hi, can I join. Am trying to conceive #1. Have been trying 2 cycles, December was a bad month and nothing has gone right so a 2012 baby it is smile

Cycle wise am 28 - 33 days. Trying to shorten this a bit, at the moment am taking Maca which is suppose to help regulate cycle - I hope!

Summerbird73 Fri 25-Mar-11 13:24:03

<waves to weimy fraggle and maybebaby> and introducing myself to everyone else!

yep i am a sex pest from the other 'fred. Got PG in January but sadly am just getting over a MC which happened a week ago. But I AM FINE! And in fact DH and I are already starting to talk about TTC again.

oo and to the sex pests that know me - i am celebrating today as (TMI alert) the MC blood has turned from red to brown which means it is on the way out! yippeeeee smile

honestly i know i prob sound way too optimistic for someone who has just had a MC but as my GP said on Monday - 'well Summerbird you ARE 38 so you may want to think about TTC sooner rather than later - you arent getting any younger you know'

Dont worry - i know him well and he is a really nice guy!!

So here i am - might just take folic acid and drink decaff for the next month or two - no way am i skimping on the wine as it may be my last for a while smile Think we may start TTC beginning May. But i am jumping on the bus with you guys in the meantime.

fragglerocks Fri 25-Mar-11 14:30:19

Hi summer and everyone else.
Just a quickie as I'm at work

Went to doctors today as Af is 12 days late, he has helpfully told me to wait 3-4 months and if af hasn't turned up by then I should go back to him, ooh thanks, that helped put my mind at rest! Decided that as I have no idea what's going on I will just do a lot of SWI and keep my fingers crossed!

Summerbird73 Fri 25-Mar-11 14:40:04

fraggle WTF??? confused right well i would just go for it - have a shagathon!

can i be an irritating git and say what a fantastic day i am having! still off sick but took DS out of nursery so i can spend some time with him, we have had a lovely morning at his friends house then had lunch in the garden - he is now napping and i am MNing! It is all recuperation i reckon - i am back at work on Wednesday and feeling optimistic about that.

Good luck all you TTCers - it is the weekend so lots of SWI opportunities!

weimy Fri 25-Mar-11 16:11:38

Welcome Newbies!!!

treacle, 92!!! blinkin eck!!!

trope, fx for blood tests

2520, hope you make up soon

levana 28 -33 is not so bad

Hey summer !!! glad you are feeling better grin

fraggle can you go elsewhere?

trope Fri 25-Mar-11 16:49:51

hi weimy - thanks Am unbelievably nervous, but equally excited I reckon! Just got back from a "calming" walk down the beach, which turned out to not be quite so calming as every mum in Hove and all their super-cute boden-clad kids were also there enjoying the spring sunshine! Still, amazing to think that this time next year it could actually be me (well, not the boden-clad bit - i'm not made of money and somehow I suspect I might be more of a vomit-down-my-back-and-didn't-notice kind of mum than a hove style yummy mummy type... but you get the idea) wink

Fraggle - is there any chance you could see a female doctor? I've had a lot more support & understanding from women doctors/consultants around baby stuff (which is daft really, plenty of male doctors are dedicated dads, but there you go). Perhaps they might be a bit more helpful and willing to investigate more promptly for you? (Although the just having lots of SWI sounds like a recipe for a fun weekend anyways!)

weimy Fri 25-Mar-11 17:50:50

Lol trope, haven't a clue what boden even is! Suspect I would be a sick down the back kinda girl to, would go well with all the stuff the dogs keep getting on me.grin

DreamingOfABump Fri 25-Mar-11 18:37:45

hi :D
id like to reserve a seat on the 2012 coach.
We're starting to ttc in May so am hoping for a 2012 baby. We've been practicing for 10 years so im hoping we'll have a good shot at it! ;)

good luck to those trying now, please set a good precedent :D

trope Fri 25-Mar-11 18:42:04

aah boden, land of OTT patterns, overly personal mailouts and insanely high prices... (can't mock it too much though, what with me owning a few of the less patterned bits and pieces from my pre-redundancy days!) They do do some very cute kiddy clothes though, I can't deny that.

Doggy slobber definitely a good prep for baby gunk I reckon!

trope Fri 25-Mar-11 18:45:27

hi DreamingOfABump - I like your name! Makes me think of all the times i've eaten too much pizza/curry/insert lazy take away dinner here and stood in front of a mirror pretending my food baby is a real one! wink (I've just overshared haven't I?...)

Will do my best to set a good precedent - have also been practising a long time so fingers crossed!

DreamingOfABump Fri 25-Mar-11 18:58:39

haha i do that too....although with my post wedding scofffing it doesnt take too much imagination!!

fragglerocks Fri 25-Mar-11 19:04:02

Well i'm pretty positive that i'm not PG and have possibly just missed out a period, apparently it can just happen for no reason (I found out from googling, not doctor, grrr).

I'm just a bit miffed as he didn't really answer any of my questions, kept asking me what i was worried about, a shortened version is this:

Fraggle "I'm 12 days late which is very unusual, I have had bfns and i'm a bit concerned incase something is wrong"

Doctor "well what are you worried about?"

Fraggle " well the fact that i'm 12 days late which is unusual and i'm worried something is wrong"

Doctor "well apart from being late what are you worried about?"

Fraggle "well just that, that i'm 12 days late"

Doctor "menstrual cycles don't run like clock work you know shock"

Fraggle "I know, just wondered what could be causing it"

Doctor "You have probably stopped your period through being stressed about TTC, come back if you still haven't come on in 3-4 months, I can't do anything based on just one missed period"

Fraggle "but i'm not that stressed about it"

Doctor "Well come back to me in 3-4 months and try not to worry"

Fraggle "But as I'm trying TTC I would like to know when i'm ovulating etc"

Doctor "See you are worrying too much, go home and come back to see me in a few months"

Wow, thanks doctor! So basically I have no idea why i've missed my period and you're telling me it's my fault!

Will wait until next AF was due and if still not here I will go and see a female doctor.

Welcome to the sex pests thread dreaming!

weimy Fri 25-Mar-11 20:16:52

What a nob angry

Hi dreaming!!!

amummyinwaiting Fri 25-Mar-11 20:26:37

Hi everyone,
I am ttc#1 for 6 months but only good proper cycles since about late novemebr and got a positive on ovulation test for first time this month. But every single month things seem to go wrong, I have tonsilitis, husband has winter vomiting bug......and now I have it-a little bit late admittedly!
So fingers crossed 2012 will be the year that amummyinwaiting becomes amunnynolongerwaiting smile

whitegold Fri 25-Mar-11 22:36:22

Hi to all the new people!

trope your post made me laugh - must admit to doing the same though blush, and can't wait till my post scoff bump becomes an actual baby bump!

fraggle grrr your doctor sounds like a tit, is there anyone else at your surgery you could make an appointment with instead?

MickyLee Sat 26-Mar-11 13:15:24

Hi everyone.

AF got me this morning so I can use my pre-warmed seat for this bus.

Are we posting stats? I really liked them on the December bus to know where everyone stood.

MickyLee TTC#3 Cycle2 UCL-28days AFdue-22nd April

DairyleaAndPickleOnAStick Sat 26-Mar-11 15:18:35

Hello everyone, I would like to join too- currently I'm veering from swi to ditherer but it would be nice if 2012 was the year!!

weimey checked out your profile coz your name and your photo is gorgeous! My own weim is lying at my feet as I type this smile

MickyLee Sat 26-Mar-11 15:52:45

Hey everyone. Just checked my next duedate and I'm still on the Dec bus.

Thanks for saving the seat and good luck

toddle Sat 26-Mar-11 17:49:54

hey everyone

id like to join to

im with 2520 at a grand old age of 20

TTC my 1st but mr's 3rd, AF was due 4 days ago.

weimy Sat 26-Mar-11 18:12:40

Welcome amummyinwaiting!!

micky sorry AF got you! I'm still on the Dec bus in theory but would be the 30th so think I can be on both [ greedy emoticon]

toddle welcome and FX !!!! grin

daisylea hurrah! a fellow weim nut, mine are running around like absoloute fruitcakes at the mo!!! grin

weimy Sat 26-Mar-11 18:15:18

ooh shall we do stats? What does everyone think?

mine is:

weimy ttc1# cycle5 ucl 28days AF due 21st April

if we do

toddle Sat 26-Mar-11 18:22:20

forgive me if this is a touch wrong im a newbie :p

weimy ttc#1 cycle5 ucl 28days AF due 21st April
toddle ttc#1 cycle3 ucl 24days AF due 23rd march (keeping fingers crossed)

weimy Sat 26-Mar-11 18:30:29

TreacleChops Sat 26-Mar-11 20:04:34

I know Weimy

Tell me about it 92 days!!! ridiculous!

Despite this though, i usually have a good idea when my luteal phase is so fingers crossed for successful SWI with that!

I've been on different contraceptives since i was 18 (25 now) microgynon 30 for around a year, then depot injection (which put 4 stone on me! ) for 6 months, back on microgynon 30 for 6 months, then finally cerazette for around 18 months. stopped taking all contraceptives in 2009 after i ended a long term relationship with an Ex. cycles where never regular before, never regular with contraceptives and certainly not regular now!!!

When i got with DP 15 months ago, i said their and then that i would NEVER use any contraceptives again, because it just buggered me up!!!! and i want to have kids and i know how much they can mess bodies up.

Hello to all the new people on the bus xxx

Summerbird73 Sat 26-Mar-11 20:12:19

Summerbird73 TTC#2 Awaiting next AF after recent MC - will then update stats

hey everyone - weimy just checked out your profile and your little pooches are adorable (and i dont even like dogs!). And - erhem - i live in the 'NorthWest' too...... do you wish to share location? I am South Manchester.

Bleeding officially stopped today grin hoorah! I am wearing a pantyliner just to be sure but the horrendous bleeding for two weeks is now at an end! So i reckon i will hopefully get about a month before a proper AF then we can think about 'cracking on'

DH was tweaking my nipples this morning - i told him to feck off and give me a feckin chance!! weimy and fraggle have already been informed of my DH's pervy tendencies! At least we are grin about it now!

On the gin now grin

Summerbird73 Sat 26-Mar-11 20:14:53

treacle you have had a good long break from the pill now so that can only be good news for your 'innards' and blimey - 92 days!

fraggle your GP is a dick. See someone else - even if it is another male GP (my 2 male GPs are spot on - but i guess i am just lucky). It is NOT your fault, you are right to be concerned.

cheers everyone wine

trope Sat 26-Mar-11 20:19:13

ooh stats! Shall add mine:

trope ttc#1 cycle0 ucl 26days AF due 31st March (cycle one starting after this AF)

Had a funny breakthrough bleed thing this morning, which never ever happens so was rather odd, but it doesn't seem to have turned into AF proper, so am leaving my cycle/due date unchanged for now! Fingers crossed my cycle isn't about to go all messy and annoying at the last minute!

Hi to all the new people also!

trope Sat 26-Mar-11 20:20:31

gah x posted - sorry summerbird!

trope ttc#1 cycle0 ucl 26days AF due 31st March (cycle one starting after this AF)

mamasmissionimpossible Sat 26-Mar-11 20:23:08

ooh can I join please? We have been ttc for a couple of cycles. AF due any day and pretty sure it's on the way

I would love a 2012 baby. Best of luck to all those ttc.

weimy Sat 26-Mar-11 21:04:24

welcome mama! FX af stays away tho!

fragglerocks Sat 26-Mar-11 23:10:21

Oooh stats!! I want to know how old everyone is as well, just because i'm a nosy so and so! This is a bit difficult as I have no idea where I am at the mo but I will put it down as though AF had just happened!

fragglerocks,27 ttc#1 cycle3 ucl 33days AF due 14th April

Welcome mama FX for you!!

trope Sat 26-Mar-11 23:25:36

toddle Sat 26-Mar-11 23:30:43

hey fraggle, im 20 and the mr is 29.

the mr's just informed me he isnt back until monday so have to wait to POAS by then AF will be a week late, should have been and gone by then.

im actually shocked by my own impaitence for the last two cycles id tested before it was even missed :L. so being 4 days late and havent tested is a near miricle so if anyone has any tips or thoughts which make you think 'no actually it would be a good idea to wait x amount of time before testing' please let me no

TreacleChops Sat 26-Mar-11 23:51:51

TreacleChops TTC#1 cycle 2 UCL god knows! estimated AF 20th April (ish) - will be able to up date stats once i've noticed Luteal phase!!

Levana Sun 27-Mar-11 18:10:45

trope, 32, ttc#1 cycle0 ucl 26days AF due 31st March (cycle one starting after this AF)
TreacleChops TTC#1 cycle 2 UCL god knows! estimated AF 20th April (ish) - will be able to up date stats once i've noticed Luteal phase!!
Levana ,31, TTC#1 Cycle 3 UCL 30days AF 28 March

More stats smile - Good luck to everyone.

weimy Sun 27-Mar-11 18:26:01

Hi just putting stats in order (sorry I'm a virgo!) Trope you made me giggle!!

Toddle stand back from the sticks!!!

trope, 32, ttc#1 cycle0 ucl 26days AF due 31st March (cycle one starting after this AF)
TreacleChops TTC#1 cycle 2 UCL god knows! estimated AF 20th April (ish- will be able to up date stats once i've noticed Luteal phase!!)
weimy,35 ttc#1 cycle5 ucl 28days AF due 21st April

Levana Sun 27-Mar-11 18:40:11

Thanks weimy, always good to have a Virgo about to organise the place, helps counteract us less efficient laissez faire Librans grin

TreacleChops Mon 28-Mar-11 15:38:50

passes wine around coach

hey ladies,

thought i would start the week off with a quiz question!

No googling the answer either, who ever is first to get the answer correct, gives the next question!

topic of question is Geography and places

Q1 - Which popular dried fruit is named after a port city in Greece?

whitegold Mon 28-Mar-11 15:52:13

Afternoon ladies, just checking in and adding myself to the stats... smile

Whitegold ttc#1 cycle2 ucl 30days AF due 19th April
TreacleChops TTC#1 cycle 2 UCL god knows! estimated AF 20th April (ish- will be able to up date stats once i've noticed Luteal phase!!)

whitegold Mon 28-Mar-11 15:54:12

treaclechops I've never been great at geography blush - if google isn't allowed I will have to pass on this question and hand it over to the next player...?

TreacleChops Mon 28-Mar-11 18:30:14

i must admit, that question was a bit hard.... google is allowed then lol !

maybebabyR Mon 28-Mar-11 18:54:26

Evening everyone

added mysef to the stats

MaybebabyR, 26 ttc#1 cycle 2 UCL 35 days AF 3rd April

Is it a certain variety of olive treacle?!

toddle Mon 28-Mar-11 19:02:17

yeah i had a quite look earlier and had no idea but seeing as google can come to our aid my googled guess is corinthians.

ohh wine on the coach i like the sound of that treaclechops was on antibiotics for a week so that wiped that of my menu and now AF is still well over due so i darent.

any help or thoughts required. i had my implant (had two so been in for around 3 and half years) out a few months ago and AF has visited twice which was my normal cycle before the implant so i just presumed i had gone back to 'normal'. for my last cycles i had been using OPK'S and ovulated both times. this AF was due again 22/23 or march so im now approaching a week late, POAS this morning well two to be precise :P and both BFN's . however i havent been using OPK's so i dont no if im just late, could actually be pregnant and its just not showing up as i dont no if ive ovulated this cycle?

weimy Mon 28-Mar-11 21:48:31

oh no I'm the oldest on the bus!!!!

Toddle is it worth going to the doctors for a blood sample?

date? sultana? raisin?

weimy Mon 28-Mar-11 22:19:15

corinthian currants!!!!

toddle Mon 28-Mar-11 22:23:47

weimy im not to sure from what ive read on here about other people going to the doctors when AF hasnt arrived they just seem to shrug it off. guess their even more likely to do that with me as ive only recently stopped contraception. im going to start doing the OPK's again and wait too see if i get a positive although not hopeful as i may have missed it. Ive spoke with the mr and if we forget about this missed one AF would be due again on 14th on april so its not that long to wait. then if that one doesnt appear ill think about going to the docs. ive also read about some herb called
Agnus Castus that helps to regulate periods so if it is just absent i may consider trying that if the docs wont help.

And dont consider it as age just more smiles and life experiances

TreacleChops Mon 28-Mar-11 23:17:21

Toddle, first correct answer, your question please

Did you know that you can actually have alcohol whilst on antibiotics..... apart from Metronidazole and Tinidazole.

the reason why comes from when they used to give anitbiotics to women with STI's in the olden days, to stop them from getting drunk and sleeping arund and spreading the STI's!!!!

2520IsAMagicNumber Mon 28-Mar-11 23:22:58

Hello I've not looked on this since friday! The bus is getting full, I bagsy not holding onto the handrail!!

What does AF mean? I've been tryin to figure it out for weeks! I'm assuming its for period, all I can think is Auntie Fuckwitt!

PS this will probably come up twice cause I'm on my phone :S I can only apologise!

toddle Mon 28-Mar-11 23:27:38

well here i was sober on my birthday with good old penecillin :L

ok a bit of a easier one and on the subject ....

2. Which country produces the most wine?

OBeSomeOtherName Mon 28-Mar-11 23:47:56

Room for one more? smile

We're trying for #2 after having my coil removed on the 9th, had my first period in about a year on the 11th. So, asuming I'll have a 28 cycle, should be due on 8th April.

I fear I'm breaking the rules as if I were to concieve this month I'd have a December baby but the chances are slim seen as it's my first month of AF in a year. Plus I dont want to get my hopes up anymore than I am already prone to do!

Lets see if I can get this right....

MaybebabyR, 26 ttc#1 cycle 2 UCL 35 days AF 3rd April
OBeSomeOtherName,23 TTC #2 Cycle1 UCL 28(?)days AFdue 8th April(ish)

TreacleChops Tue 29-Mar-11 00:19:27

Italy

trope Tue 29-Mar-11 07:13:27

hi OhBeSomeOtherName! Welcome to the bus!

Wine country- hmm, well I was going to say France, as it's full of vineyards, but then I remembered that Australia makes bucketloads of wine and is one of those mahoosive countries that you forget are big (well, I do anyways...) So my final answer is Australia!

In other news, I will be off very shortly to see my consultant and find out if my bloods are OK and whether or not DP & I will be having lots of SWI next week (or indeed, anytime soon). Have hardly slept i'm so nervous! Am having a big cup of coffee to try and wake me up, in the hope that I actually manage to get my questions out and remember the answers (so many questions!!) instead of garbling distractedly about the rather odd west wing inspired dream I was having just before the alarm went off!! Back later with hopefully good news!!

toddle Tue 29-Mar-11 10:54:56

treaclechops got that one

trope Tue 29-Mar-11 11:19:09

Back from the hospital and I've got the all clear! Blood tests show that I am in full clinical remission! So I am officially good to go! SWI starts next week (post AF). So happy - can't stop grinning!!

toddle Tue 29-Mar-11 12:07:49

treaclechops got that one

OBeSomeOtherName Tue 29-Mar-11 12:45:23

Congratulations Trope!! Fantastic news smile

weimy Tue 29-Mar-11 14:13:46

ohbesomeother welcome!!!

trope thats fab news!!!!

2025 Af is Aunt Flo grin

toddle sounds like a plan xx

trope Tue 29-Mar-11 17:21:49

weimy & *OBeSomeOtherName" - thanks!

Forgot to say before that I've also been offered a pre-conception meeting with the obstetrician that my consultant recommended (she wrote to her when I first came off the methotrexate asking her to keep an eye out for me as I would hopefully be coming her way soon!!) which is fantastic as I have about a million questions about how this will all work with my meds/health etc!

Today's appointment just couldn't have gone better and I am now wandering about in a daze! Six years of not letting myself get my hopes up and now I just. can't. stop. grinning. (OK, and crying, but they're happy tears!)

I really hope this is the first bit of good news and soon this thread will be full of lots of people posting with good news and things to celebrate!!

OBeSomeOtherName Tue 29-Mar-11 18:47:49

Aw Trope sounds like you've had a hell of a time with it all! Can't imagine how elated you must be feeling right now smile
not going to admit to welling up a bit at how lovely your post was [soppy cow] grin

fragglerocks Tue 29-Mar-11 19:40:06

Oh I was just welling up as well, that's fantastic news Trope grin Get shagging!

Welcome ohbesomeothername

Well still no AF, felt sick today which is a bit unusual for me, getting a bit worried now which doesn't help with the whole AF not turning up due to stress thing! Also ridiculously busy at work, without going into boring details I work for the Police and in our unit we will normally have about 3-4 cases a month but this month so far we have had 12 with another one possibly coming in tomorrow, i'm sooooo tired! No time for SWI, just got in having been out since 5.30am and all I want to do is sleeeeeeeep!!

So who's the next one of us to do some POAS action?!

TreacleChops Tue 29-Mar-11 19:54:05

next question

What day of the week would the Month start to enable the 13th day to be on a Friday?

Congrats to Trope- go get yourself busy girl!

fragglerocks Tue 29-Mar-11 20:18:27

Oooh I know this one, Sunday?

I like quiz time!

weimy Tue 29-Mar-11 20:40:53

sorry work is tough at the mo fraggle.

Sun sounds good to me. Was the other answer italy then?

ohbesomeother has to ask shakespeare questions!!!

TreacleChops Tue 29-Mar-11 20:52:47

Fraggle got it!! Your question please

trope Tue 29-Mar-11 21:11:04

aw, thanks everyone! You're all too lovely! Getting back to your comments tonight was just what I needed, as AF has just arrived 2 days early!! Unbelievable timing!! DP is home now (late after a long day at work) and I am finally getting to relax on the sofa and celebrate with him!

Still, early AF means we can SWI and TTC a bit sooner hopefully! (Although it does mean my cycle has gone a bit wobbly - but nevermind!) Very much looking forward to next week!! wink

OBeSomeOtherName Tue 29-Mar-11 22:33:31

Oh dear Weimy, I may have to avoid answering any in that case! grin
<puts on thinking cap in preparation of the unlikely event that I answer a question correctly>

fragglerocks Wed 30-Mar-11 09:28:14

Yay!

Rather appropriately for us: who is the Greek god of wine?
Remember, no googling!

ghosteditor Wed 30-Mar-11 10:41:47

Dionysus!

Is it rude of me to join the quiz without introducing myself? grin

ghosteditor Wed 30-Mar-11 10:48:12

I think it's about time I hopped on the bus. waves hi ladies! I recognise a few of you from previous buses, but I've been staying away from MN for a while as work has been crazy beans. After a lifetime of 28 day cycles, AF has been varying from 21-28 days for the last 5 cycles (just before starting TTC, thanks for that AF). Boo.

Here are my stats:

ghosteditor ttc#1 cycle 3 ucl 26-28 days due 13th April

which leaves us with...

Levana (31) TTC#1 Cycle 3 UCL 30days AF 28 March
trope, (32) ttc#1 cycle0 ucl 26days AF due 31st March (cycle one starting after this AF)
MaybebabyR, (26) ttc#1 cycle 2 UCL 35 days AF 3rd April
ghosteditor (27) ttc#1 cycle 3 ucl 26-28 days due 13th April
weimy (35) ttc#1 cycle5 ucl 28days AF due 21st April
OBeSomeOtherName (23) TTC #2 Cycle1 UCL 28(?)days AFdue 8th April(ish)

TreacleChops Wed 30-Mar-11 11:26:51

welcome ghost

OBeSomeOtherName Wed 30-Mar-11 13:10:45

Hi Ghost. 'Tis true, Mother Nature tends to be best buds with Sod's Law doesn't it!

toddle Wed 30-Mar-11 13:50:20

Hi ghost and obe

Thats some good news trope have fun swi

Have quite a busy bus now

weimy Wed 30-Mar-11 17:22:51

Crap I'm still the oldest!

Dionysus is a good one for us! Wine, Sex and theatre grin

weimy Wed 30-Mar-11 17:29:57

Oh! Hey Ghost !!!! We've been on a bus together before now. Sorry work has been mad!

fragglerocks Wed 30-Mar-11 17:42:18

Well done ghost, what a way to join!

You're question next then!

Having a horrible, feeling sorry for myself, crying day. No reason, just want to eat chocolate and lay in bed under the duvet! sad

Hope you're all ok x

weimy Wed 30-Mar-11 21:22:17

oh sorry fraggle Hope you feel better soonx

MollyDefoe Wed 30-Mar-11 22:14:12

Hi all! AF arrived this evening, so I've been unceremoniously ejected from the December 2011 bus, and have arrived happily at this one! <waves>

I'm very happy to find myself in the midst of a pub quiz! <pours large glasses of wine for those not on 2ww, like meeeeee!>

trope, (32) ttc#1 cycle0 ucl 26days AF due 31st March (cycle one starting after this AF)
MollyDefoe (31) TTC#1, Cycle 2 UCL 31 days, AF due 29th April (ish)

trope Wed 30-Mar-11 22:35:39

hey fraggle, hope you've had a better evening! nothing wrong with hiding under the duvet and eating chocolate if you ask me - some days just can't be saved, so you may as well have a good cry, get it all out of your system and hopefully feel better tomorrow!

I've spent most of today with the MiL and may join you in the feel-better-chocolate scoffing now i'm finally home! wink

trope Wed 30-Mar-11 22:44:39

hi mollydefoe, nice to meet you! welcome aboard the coach of quiz! Jealous at the wine, was going to enjoy a nice rum & coke when I got home, then realised I'd finished it off already... gah!

Anyhow - just wanted to update our list, as my AF arrived yesterday and buggered up my nice orderly cycle!

trope, (32) ttc#1 cycle1 ucl 23-26ishdays AF due 21st April (ish!)

weimy Thu 31-Mar-11 12:19:53

Just putting stats in order!

sorry about AF mollydefoe but you are very welcome!!!

TreacleChops TTC#1 cycle 2 UCL god knows! estimated AF 20th April (ish- will be able to up date stats once i've noticed Luteal phase)

whitegold Thu 31-Mar-11 13:48:35

Afternoon ladies smile

Any news from toddle and levana - both have passed their af due dates I see, good luck to you both!

Wonder who will be first to kick start the BFPs on this bus?!

weimy Thu 31-Mar-11 14:46:05

I was wondering that too!

ghosteditor Thu 31-Mar-11 16:33:49

hey weimy yes, good to see a familiar face (so to speak)!

hope things have perked up fraggle - I'm going to have a run (well, limp, as I have just come off crutches) at the gym tonight to see if I can't get those endorphins flowing!

ghosteditor Thu 31-Mar-11 16:36:23

Quiz question then -*in which century was chocolate first discovered by Europeans?*

ghosteditor Thu 31-Mar-11 16:36:57

Quiz question then - *in which century was chocolate first discovered by Europeans? *

ghosteditor Thu 31-Mar-11 16:37:12

i give up on the bolding!

MollyDefoe Thu 31-Mar-11 17:16:12

Um, 16th?

toddle Thu 31-Mar-11 19:23:02

hi guys whitegold & wiemy especially :p

a had a BFN on monday and then tested again after work yesterday just as i was about to leave for the pub as AF still hadnt shown and got a positive faint but it was definatly there. eeek im excited and fingers crossed ive got it right but im not blind and it was definatly there. so just got to wait untill next week so the mr can come to the docs too

so if it is all right i feel abit like a imposter as it would actually arrive in 2011 so hope you all dont mind :L

MollyDefoe Thu 31-Mar-11 20:43:10

I'm in an airport waiting for a delayed plane, with free wi-fi, and just watched Monday's One Born Every Minute - I was literally bawling my eyes out for about 45 minutes straight. I think the other passengers around me thought I'd had a personal bereavement! It was SO emotional! I'm going to miss that series....

brimfullofasha Thu 31-Mar-11 20:46:25

Hello, can I jump on? TTC #1 since January. Already sending me a bit mad. Still in with a chance for a December baby but it feels unlikely. 28 day(ish) cycle. I was born in late December and it always really annoys me so here's hoping for a 2012 baby! Cheers! wine

trope Thu 31-Mar-11 22:19:48

toddle - that's amazing, congratulations! Will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

OBeSomeOtherName Fri 01-Apr-11 08:39:24

Hi to everyone joining us in the last couple of days!

Toddle my finders are well and truly crossed for you! smile

Sorry I haven't been on much, my mum is visiting at the moment - she's been here since Tuesday, will be here until the 13th and is driving me completely insane! Everything that comes out of her mouth is either the blindingly obvious or a complaint. Gah! (Sorry for the rant grin )

Levana Fri 01-Apr-11 09:48:26

TreacleChops TTC#1 cycle 2 UCL god knows! estimated AF 20th April (ish- will be able to up date stats once i've noticed Luteal phase)
Levana (31) TTC#1 Cycle 3 UCL 30days AF 30 April

Have updated as AF here - though DP was not here at the critical time last month so knew there would be no news this month. Good luck toddle, that sounds very hopeful smile

It feels like i've just got ages to wait now before I even get to the 2 week wait - agh. It's all the waiting that is so stressful for me.

ghosteditor Fri 01-Apr-11 13:35:28

got it in one molly ! your turn for a question now...

Hello all!

Can I join please! After a year of nagging trying to persuade DH to start TTC we finally decided to try on our next holiday (v complex but we only spend weekends together because of DH's job) which is 3 weeks from today.

However, last weekend my DSis announced her engagement and asked me to be a bridesmaid. She was thinking of a December wedding so TTC in April/May might not be so wise if I actually want to enjoy her day!!!

They've not yet decided for sure and are supposed to be doing so this weekend (Her DP lives a 6 hour drive from her so not exactly easy to plan things over the phone!!). Fingers crossed that they choose something that will still allow us to TTC next cycle. Especially as she is constanly asking when I am going to make her an Auntie!!!

So for me it is

JustShaggingForNow (28) TTC#1, Cycle -1 UCL 29/30 days, AF due 15th April

whitegold Fri 01-Apr-11 15:00:02

Congratulations toddle! So happy for you! Have you told your DP yet then? You both must be so excited smile

Sorry about af levana - I know the feeling, the waiting is so frustrating.

Welcome justshagging! Does your DSis know you are about to start ttc? Could make for interesting bridesmaid dress shopping grin

toddle ttc#1 cycle3 ucl 24days AF due 23rd march (keeping fingers crossed) - BFP!

Stats updated above for justshagging and a BFP for toddle! grin

Congrats toddle!!

DSis doesn't know as I don't want her to feel like she has to consider than when deciding on her wedding date as it's not about me!!! If they do go for Winter than I guess we just have to put off TTC for a bit so I'm not massive!! I think I could manage being 3-4 months but not anything more.

Funny as all of this assumes that I will get updiffed straight away............ which is pretty bloody unlikely isn't it?!?

Now who's question is it??

whitegold Fri 01-Apr-11 16:57:32

justshagging I'm the same - you sort of assume that it'll just happen as soon as you start trying... I'm only on cycle 2 so haven't exactly been trying long but I'm only going off cycle length and cm at the mo, not charting temps or anything just yet as I'm trying my hardest not to get too obsessive about the whole thing. If nothing has happened in a few months then maybe I'll think differently about the whole thing.

Thats really considerate of you to think about delaying ttc so that it doesn't coincide with your DSis's wedding. We haven't told anyone we are ttc either. I have the kind of job where my role would change a lot once I am pg, so want to avoid telling anyone there until I HAVE to. I also don't want to tell family/friends just yet as I don't want the added pressure of them counting down the days till af as well as us! Thats why its great having MN - it means I get to talk to people going through the same thing without anyone in RL having to know about it! smile

Its molly's question next!

MollyDefoe Fri 01-Apr-11 17:52:35

Sorry for the delay with the next pub quiz question! Am now back from Dublin, and am taking up the quiz microphone: pens and pints at the ready!

"Who was the first person to be called Jessica?"

Ummmmm that's a tough one. I have no idea!

OBeSomeOtherName Fri 01-Apr-11 21:52:19

Gosh Molly I have no idea either!

MollyDefoe Fri 01-Apr-11 23:29:23

Ok, here's a slight variation: who invented the name Jessica?

TreacleChops Fri 01-Apr-11 23:43:51

Congrats Toddle.... been away from the boards for a few days due to work and illness!!!

What happend to the Quiz?! lol

toddle Sat 02-Apr-11 11:53:31

Hello justshagging and molly

Gosh that questions a bit hard so dont think the next q will be coming from me.

whitegold yeah i told the mr and yeah it honestly felt amazing he was looking for prams and cots at 3 in the morn :L. However thinking got some bad news started bleeding quite a lot yesterday . Went to the docs yesterday and they literally said nothing took some blood and told me to go the early pregnancy unit for a scan and more bloods on monday morning to see if the pregnancy is still viable or something. So i think i may very shortly be TTC a 2012 baby. The mr is still hopeful but i guess ive felt everything and tmi saw the blood which was lost and thinking its definatly been lost . Me and mother nature are no longer pals i tell you. And the house we were going to look round today has now gone apparently so it felt like someone was playing some bloody mean april fools on me . Well sorry for all that havent really had a opportunity to talk about it as the mr is a keep it all to himself kinda guy.

BabySade Sat 02-Apr-11 20:29:35

Hi

Can I join? this is my first post but have read a few threads. My DH and I are ttc number 1, this is cycle 4,UCL 31-33 days, AF is due 24th april (ish).
Sorry dont know how to add myself to stats, im not even sure if this post will work!

Ive been wanting to try for a baby for about 2 years but have had to put it on hold for various reasons. I am starting to go a bit babycrazy! Its nice to see other people going through it.

Good luck to everyone :-)

BabySade Sat 02-Apr-11 20:32:17

Just read the previous post by toddle, so sorry to hear that. Fx for you

trope Sat 02-Apr-11 21:33:26

oh toddle, that's awful, i'm so very sorry. I will keep my fingers crossed that things are better than they seem. Hope you & DH are as OK as you can be. Best of luck for Monday.

weimy Sat 02-Apr-11 22:08:30

Hi guys just back from a very intense conference.

Toddle I am so sorry

babysade welcome and goodluck!!

justshagging don't put it off, get SWI thats an order!

was jessica invented by Shakespeare 'merchant of venice' ?, or does it have jewish origins?

weimy Sat 02-Apr-11 22:14:20

Updated stats to include babysade, toddle fx for Mon xxxx

toddle ttc#1 cycle3 ucl 24days AF due 23rd march BFP!
babysadeTTC#1 cycle 4,UCL 31-33 days, AF is due 24th april (ish).

woody17 Sun 03-Apr-11 10:59:25

Hi everyone I'm TTC #1. Just had AF (after lots of supposed AF symptoms and GP saying I was pregnant!) so feeling a bit down. Anyway cycle is 36 days so should be due next AF on 7th May.

BoogiesBunny Sun 03-Apr-11 20:40:04

Hi all!! DH and I are are very much looking forward to a month of SWI and excited about making our DC#1! Having talked about them since we met now is the time! Can't wait to get to know you all!

I've added myself and woody in the stats. BBx

BoogiesBunny (28) TTC#1 cycle2 UCL28days AF due 2nd May
Woody17 TTC#1 UCL36days AF due 7th May

MollyDefoe Sun 03-Apr-11 20:48:29

Hi babysade, woody and boogies - nice to meet you!

Toddle - I really hope Monday is OK. I'm so sorry - you must be having a horrible weekend.

Weimy - you got it! Jessica made its first appearance as a name in Merchant of Venice. Your turn with the quiz next.

weimy Sun 03-Apr-11 22:18:45

Welcome woody & Boogie!!!!!

Yay me! grin

ok so next quiz question is......

What did Lady Windermere lose, that almost cost her her marriage?

CD 10 here usually ov around day 13 so the swi is in full swing!!! blush

AmandaCooper Mon 04-Apr-11 08:23:38

JS I hope you're not dithering? wink

OBeSomeOtherName Mon 04-Apr-11 08:48:11

Urgh nevermind the 2ww, these last few days before AF's due are torture aren't they?! Even though, deep down, I'm not expecting a BFP, I just can't help that little 'what-if' voice! Gah!

Damn, I don't know any of these questions! I think I'm too young...anything on Ant and Dec? wink

Toddle FX for this morning Hope that it all goes well.

AC Nice to see you over here ;) No dithering on my part. My Mum called this weekend to let me know that DSis and her H2B haven't set a date and probably won't be doing so for a few months so DH and I have decided to continue as planned and start TTC on holiday!!

He asked last night if we could start before holiday but I pointed out that we were a bit late for that this month. He even looked a bit sad (for those who don't know me already - massive turn around as DH was very reluctant to start TTC and has postponed twice in the last year!!) and explained that he wants it as much as me but was having to be the sensible one so that we were sure we were ready.

So - after April's AF I'll be throwing my knickers in the aiar and mkaing the most fo 2.5 weeks together!! ;)

How was everybody's weekend?

toddle Mon 04-Apr-11 10:24:38

Thanks for crossing all your fingers

Well it would appear after hearing back from the epu that im back on the bus.

Its definatly gone but on the better side my hormone levels have dropped so im back to 'normal'. Apparently your also more fertile after a MC so the mr may think his birthdays and xmas's have come at once :P.

I cant read the other posts as im on my phone so i shall have to have a catch up read when im home. If anyone gets here before me could you possible get rid of my BFP and update my stats so AF due 20th of april if the cycle hasnt changed.

Toddle sorry to hear that but well done you for being so positive and here's to lots of sex pesting in the weeks to come ;)

Poppyjen Mon 04-Apr-11 12:46:54

Hello ladies may I join you? Hopping on over from the December bus <waves to all from Dec bus>

My AF finally showed up on CD 56 shock so here I am CD 1 again. Its all good though, I was beginning to wonder if anything was happening in there at all... confused. This is first cycle after stopping pill so hoping that things will be a bit more normal from now on!

I have just started taking BBT and using Fertility Friend so hopefully I will be able to spot what's going on in there...

Boogies looks to me like we're AF due date buddies smile

So adding myself to stats:
Poppyjen (29) TTC#2 Cycle 2 UCL ? AF due 2nd May (ish)

Poppyjen Mon 04-Apr-11 12:51:01

Sorry Toddle stats duly updated, so sorry to hear your news but welcome back onboard smile well done for keeping so positive! Do check I have got it right though.....

Toddle ttc#1 cycle3 ucl 24days AF due 20th April

Hi poppyjen!

Be you're glad that you're on CD1 again! FX for a return to normal cycles and a lot of pesting!!

BoogiesBunny Mon 04-Apr-11 13:31:43

Hey Poppy - bring on 2nd May! I hope this cycle is a lot smoother for you that the last one - you are so patient.

Currently looking at train tickets to meet my DH while he is at a conference on 16th & 17th as he's away and I think 17th is OV. Or do people think SWI the morning he leaves and the night he gets back will cover that weekend?

Heya Boogies

Does he leave on the 16th and return on the 18th? If so that I think that SWI on the day before OV and the day after is ideal and I don't think you need to worry about getting a train to see him on the actual day. IIRC sperm live for about 5 days inside our bodies so make sure you get some action on the 13th/14th/15th too - your DH will go off to his conference a very happy man!

BoogiesBunny Mon 04-Apr-11 13:51:02

Thanks just - I'll make sure we do it plenty that week! Thanks for the reassurance. Still - turning up at his hotel in a mac and high heels might spice up the SWI!

Love it!!
You should totally arrive in some saucy get up and a mac to surprise him - would make a great conception story too

A bit TMI and nosey but who is spicing things up to make your DH/DP feel a bit less like a sperm donor? And what are you trying? I want DH to enjoy it rather than feel like a stud horse!

MollyDefoe Mon 04-Apr-11 14:05:03

Hi all! <waves>
Just I've got a similar problem to you. I'm due to ov somewhere between Friday 15th and Sunday 17th, and have to go to Ireland that weekend for a book festival. My flight was originally booked for first thing on Friday 15th, returning late on Sunday 17th. DP doesn't want to come with me (despite the fact that the trip would be all expenses paid for both of us; nice hotel; and we'd both be wined and dined!), so I decided to change my flights to leave in the evening of Friday 15 (so we get a day SWI at home), and returning in the afternoon of Sunday 17, for my SWI in the evening. I hope that will cover the peak fertile time ok! It feels a bit obsessive to change my flights; and of course I didn't tell the book festival the reason why I was doing so. But each cycle feels like suuuucccchhh a long time, that it would be silly to let this one go by without trying.

BoogiesBunny Mon 04-Apr-11 14:07:38

Totally! I'd love to hear people's ideas on that too just as DH is already telling people that I'm getting busy just to get a baby (he thinks it's funny) but I really don't want him to start believing it. Undies, candles, new positions, games, toys sound like options for that key week of SWI... always with the intention of ending up lying on our back with legs in the air!!

Nice undies is a good idea - I may have to dig out my wedding night get up to take on holiday with me! ;) Not sure DH is really a candles man though..... I was just thinking of being a bit more spontaneous with locations rather than playing it safe and sticking to the bedroom LOL <boring old married woman emoticon>

Any other suggestions very much apopreciated. Maybe we can add this to our stats and have a check list of things to include when SWI!!!

weimy Mon 04-Apr-11 16:29:45

JS I am glad you're not putting it off grin

Toddle sorry , but you're right I've heard that too about being fertile after an MC so FX!

Boogie Yeah you will be covered

Welcome poppy! fx for this cycle

Molly sounds like a very good plan to me I would have done the same thing.

Am being a proper sex pest at the mo and may even demand it twice today! Cos of the dogs we stick to the bedroom, but you do have to spice it up otherwise it all gets very mechanical grin.

No takers for that question? (showing my bloody age aren't I blush) Ok:

What is the name of Harry Potter's first girlfriend?

Damn it! I've never read Harry Potter........looks like I won't be quiz master this time either!!!

weimy Mon 04-Apr-11 16:59:47

Oh js ! I deliberately made it a more modern one too!!!! blush

Here have some wine and some [chocolate emoticon] instead it's better!!!! grin

BoogiesBunny Mon 04-Apr-11 19:35:24

Molly let's both of us try to keep as stress free as possible during next weekend, despite being away from our men. Of course it was right of you to change your flights - and thanks weimy for the reassurance. Hmmm just wedding dress and undies is a great idea.....

I ordered some books from amazon.... and bought a Lamaze rattle. Shoot me now...

Darn it weimy I never read Harry Potter! Agh!

weimy Mon 04-Apr-11 20:40:51

what's a lamaze rattle? Are we still talking about sex toys?

Poppyjen Mon 04-Apr-11 20:46:54

Ha ha....... weimy if only!

Lamaze is a brand of baby toys which you will become very familiar with when you have your little bundle grin

For anyone who knows - mine's a Freddie the Firefly, best toy purchase by far. DS has loved him from 8 weeks and loves him still smile

Boogies that's a good buy, if a little early wink

weimy Mon 04-Apr-11 21:02:59

blush I have not got a clue about baby stuff!

Not bought any books or anything, don't really come into contact with babies at all just 5 years to 18 years through teaching, I will be totally at sea!

Has no one read Harry Potter? Why are my questions so hard? Is this one any better?

who does lucy meet on the other side of the wardrobe?

OBeSomeOtherName Mon 04-Apr-11 21:07:12

Harry Potter's first girlfriend - Cho Chang?
Lucy meets Mr Tumnus?

Sorry, will stop by properly tomorrow smile

weimy Mon 04-Apr-11 21:08:39

Yes and yes! obesomeother, it's your turn next!!!!! grin

trope Mon 04-Apr-11 22:03:11

gah! Spend half the day lurking about on mn and nothing... go off to cook dinner and do, you know, real life stuff and what happens? A question I could actually have answered!! drat, bother and blast!

love the lamaze rattle as sex toy idea!! Could be... interesting! wink think that might scar DP for life though - or at the very least leave him with some very unfortunate associations to future-child/s toys!

weimy you will be fine with babies, it's the 5-18 bit that scares me!! I have spent far too much time around babies, which just means that I think I know what to do with them and will therefore have further to fall when I have the devil child from hell and do not know what the fuck to do with it!!

weimy Mon 04-Apr-11 22:10:35

he he, keep thinking of the noise it would make now! grin

Thanks trope I hope so ! Do you work with babies?

trope Mon 04-Apr-11 22:56:21

Naynay80 Mon 04-Apr-11 22:57:57

Hey every1 can I join?
I've been ttc wanted a december baby but it didn't happen for us so 2012 here I come lol

BoogiesBunny Tue 05-Apr-11 00:07:22

It is so wonderful to hear from someone who has been through such a journey and is now feeling so well and ready for the next adventure! trope you are such a star and I can only hope that you and DH will be blessed with what you've been waiting for.

Welcome naynay it's great to have you here! I was also hoping for a December baby but bring on 2012! Add yourself to the stats.

Naynay80 Tue 05-Apr-11 08:00:42

Morning All!
Well I'm not sure if this is right but here goes my BF and I have been ttc for about a year with no luck,mainly due to not having enough sex was really hoping for a december baby,but I started a bleed. so now were trying now for a 2012 baby with lots more fun in the bed room wink. I should be MF around the 14th _18th I think so here goes fingers x

Naynay80 Tue 05-Apr-11 08:15:40

Ooo 4got to add my cicrles are 28 days for about 3_4 days long so maybe I mite get a late december bby [Mmmm]

Naynay80 Tue 05-Apr-11 08:44:40

MF 13th_15th april ov on the 16th woo hoo. sorry I'm very new to this

Poppyjen Tue 05-Apr-11 14:38:06

Hi Naynay welcome! - sorry for being useless but what is "MF"? Add yourself to the stats: we use this format:

Which means that I am 29, I am trying to conceive my second baby, this is my second cycle of trying and I expect my period (AF) around the 2nd May. I don't know my usual cycle length ("UCL") as I have irregular periods.

If you let me know your circumstances I will add you if you like smile

I was hoping for a December baby too - here's to 2012 being our year grin

BoogiesBunny Tue 05-Apr-11 15:54:27

Hi all! I just wanted to pop in and say that I hope you are all having a lovely day (despite the grey outside the window!). obesomeother I'm looking forward to the next question.... I'm determined to get one right! BB

OBeSomeOtherName Tue 05-Apr-11 16:02:27

Hi everyone! Ok, the next pub quiz question is:

What is the name of character played by Jim Carrey in 'The Mask'?

<becoming very aware that the only questions I got right were on children's books/films and now I'm asking one about Jim Carrey!> grin

weimy Tue 05-Apr-11 16:39:18

Trope I will never look at baby toys the same way again! Boogie's right you're a star xxx

Welcome naynay!! MF is that most fertile?

Obesomeother, I've not seen 'The Mask' can we google? wink

gonerogue Tue 05-Apr-11 17:13:55

Hi Everyone, can I join you all please? I am just starting TTC no.2 and have a seven month old DD. We took about 18 months including one MC to get our beautiful little girl - so we are starting now in case we have the same timeframe.

AF due this week and then will be on the bus - have calculated should be a Jan baby so fingers crossed.

gonerogue TTC#2 Cycle1 UCL-28days AFdue-?

MollyDefoe Tue 05-Apr-11 17:53:02

Hi all!
Oh dear, I've just given a talk at a book festival, and it went so badly! Almost embarrassingly badly! Oops. But on the up side, I've just found out I've been shortlisted for my dream job. I'm now going to spend the next 5 weeks, until the interview, being desperately nervous...
Sorry for the un-TTC-related post: I'm on the train home and boorrreeeddd - it's lovely to pass the time by reading all your posts!

BoogiesBunny Tue 05-Apr-11 18:55:55

Oh Molly I'm sure it didn't go half as badly as you think! And even if it wasn't perfect I'm certain no one is still thinking about it now. And you can put it behind you too because you're in line for the perfect job! Amazing! Well done! It sounds so exciting! Book fairs?! Your job sounds pretty cool already!

weimy Tue 05-Apr-11 19:32:37

I second boogie !

emmaloupolman Tue 05-Apr-11 21:17:13

Hi all can i join

(28) 29 end of month TTC #2 cycle 19 UCL 28 to 33 days Af due yesterday 4th april also been on clomind for 2 months

DreamingOfABump Tue 05-Apr-11 21:19:00

hi
am officially ttc as of now! Unfortunately its cd26 so not actually doing anything
Dreamingofabump ttc#1 cycle0 ucl 26days AF due tomorrow
cycle 0 as we're starting from th next one!
sssssssssssssooooooooooooooo excited grin

MollyDefoe Tue 05-Apr-11 21:19:29

Ah, thank you Boogies and weimy! the talk was pretty bad, but it doesn't really matter. I'm dead pleased about being short-listed for this job, but I find it hard to stop myself from fantasising about actually getting it. If I did get it, DP and I could buy a house; maternity leave would be assured; and life would be good. Ah well! I can't complain about the state of things at the moment: everything's pretty good already...:-)

trope Tue 05-Apr-11 21:50:26

oh! so many posts! Our little bus is getting most busy! how fab! <waves to the new folks!>

boogie & weimy - aw, <blushes> you're both too lovely!

Molly - sorry your talk didn't go well - I'm sure it won't have come across as badly as you think it did! But as the others say, wonderful news about the job - it sounds like it would really be absolutely perfect - will keep everything crossed for you to get it!

Was really lovely to come home to all these posts this evening - have spent the day dealing with builders etc and it has been quite un-fun. I think if another aging "geezer" type calls me love and patronises me I might actually explode! Still, home and on the sofa relaxing (aka reading mn!) now - aaaah... that's better..

trope Tue 05-Apr-11 21:53:19

ooh dreaming.. that's AMAZINGLY EXCITING!! Get the good sheets on the bed, the nice underwear washed, shave your legs and get ready to shag like bunnys!! (no? just me? ok then... )

DreamingOfABump Tue 05-Apr-11 22:06:59

ah! note to self: must dig out honeymoon undercrackers....

BoogiesBunny Tue 05-Apr-11 22:10:32

Welcome Emma and dreaming it's great to have you on board! What a month our DPs and DHs have in store!

I just asked mine not to, ummm, avoid w@nking next week and I got a very unconvincing promise! I think I put it a bit aggressively though - I just didn't think it would be so hard to give up for one week! I think I was wrong! confused

Lamaze toy arrived and is unlikely to be useful as a sex toy - I'll try and do better next time!

DreamingOfABump Tue 05-Apr-11 22:25:47

i suggest you tie his thumbs to his index fingers ;)

trope Tue 05-Apr-11 22:28:30

or you could gaffer tape oven gloves onto his hands? (could make working tricky though...)

DreamingOfABump Tue 05-Apr-11 22:31:22

haha like that episode on friends when pheobe had chickenpox lol but a bit more seedy lol

BoogiesBunny Tue 05-Apr-11 22:32:53

LOL - great ideas ladies! (And well done for making sense of my garbled post!)

DreamingOfABump Tue 05-Apr-11 22:35:21

"i think i put it a bit aggresively though" lol bet that was a priceless questionable ttc behaviour moment.

whitegold Tue 05-Apr-11 22:41:37

Evening all! I haven't had chance to get on here for a few days, work has been absolutely manic and I've been falling asleep pretty much as soon as I've got home (late) every night! Looks like I have a few pages to catch up on though yay!

Not much to report here. Currently on CD16 but with me being so knackered from work we haven't managed ANY swi since last Friday confused I think we need to get cracking again if we're going to be in with a chance this month... hopefully tomorrow!

This might sound a bit dim but what effect does wanking have on swi? Loving all your ideas on how to stop the DHs doing it though! grin

trope Tue 05-Apr-11 22:44:53

poor guys - they must not know whether they're coming or going right now! I told DP that he had to "refresh" his load before we SWI this week as I want wiggly fresh ones in there, not stale old ones!

Still - of all the problems to have "my missus won't let me w@nk as she wants to do something kinky with a lamaze toy tonight..." - there are worse problems to have eh! wink

trope Tue 05-Apr-11 22:47:49

whitegold as I understand it all (as i'm a first time TTCer so I could be horribly, awfully wrong) you don't want your OH w@nking it all away as it takes time for new sperm to gather and you want whatever he has in there going somewhere it can make a baby, not down the plughole/in his own bellybutton etc...

I, on the other hand, don't want my DPs wizened old wigglers as he's been poorly and we haven't been up to much these last few weeks, so he's been practically ordered to go fiddle with himself ready to SWI this week!

whitegold Tue 05-Apr-11 23:10:13

haha thanks trope grin In that case the OH and I will be having a little 'chat' tomorrow as I'll be needing all his wigglers for myself over the next few days - although as soon as this week is over he can have them back (until next month of course if we're not successful! wink)

It still amazes me the amount of random swi info you find on mn!
Keep it coming ladies! grin

DreamingOfABump Tue 05-Apr-11 23:57:08

ROFLMAO @ "I told DP that he had to "refresh" his load before we SWI this week as I want wiggly fresh ones in there, not stale old ones!"
just read ot out to my DH as he wondered why i was laughing. his response was "you'll get what you're given" lol grin

toddle Wed 06-Apr-11 06:40:56

Well. Ive just got round to catching up on all the posts so hi to everyone who has come since ive been away. My gosh its getting busy here.

To some previous subjects Ill definatly be looking at the kiddies teething rings in a diifferent light when I get to work today :L

And for something different to stop the mr feeling like a sperm donor I recently went to a ann summers party and found a set of O-gels. I no they dont exactly 'help' all the fresh new wrigglers your mr's will have saved for you but it can all be licked of before they escape. You get candy floss, raspbery ripple, bubblegum, apple pie and toffee apple they all warm up too and if he doesnt like them im thinking they would go nice with a bowl of ice cream! Cant put a link up as im posting of my phone agaiin but im sure they would be easy enough to locate if you get on their website and do a search

toddle Wed 06-Apr-11 07:02:10

Well. Ive just got round to catching up on all the posts so hi to everyone who has come since ive been away. My gosh its getting busy here.

To some previous subjects Ill definatly be looking at the kiddies teething rings in a diifferent light when I get to work today :L

And for something different to stop the mr feeling like a sperm donor I recently went to a ann summers party and found a set of O-gels. I no they dont exactly 'help' all the fresh new wrigglers your mr's will have saved for you but it can all be licked of before they escape. You get candy floss, raspbery ripple, bubblegum, apple pie and toffee apple they all warm up too and if he doesnt like them im thinking they would go nice with a bowl of ice cream! Cant put a link up as im posting of my phone agaiin but im sure they would be easy enough to locate if you get on their website and do a search

OBeSomeOtherName Wed 06-Apr-11 08:59:20

Well, you've all helped me wake up a bit this morning! Had a right laugh catching up on the posts! O-Gel and ice cream! Would love to see your local ice cream man's response to that one!! grin

Ok, so no-one's as infantile as me then? blush how about, What is calcium carbonate normally known as?
I'm afraid with me it's either science or children's cunture! grin

Waiting for AF/BFP is torture!

BoogiesBunny Wed 06-Apr-11 09:27:34

Hey obe i feel your pain - the last few days of the 2ww had me almost rocking in my chair by the last few days. This time I'll be in the Lake District though so will hopefully have more to distract me - I think that's the way forward for future months - but hopefully not too many months :-(

Your posts make me smile so much everyone! But I can't help with calcium carbonate - it's on the tip of my tongue but I gave up sciences at 16 and never looked back - except for Professor Brian Cox on Sunday evenings ;-)

MollyDefoe Wed 06-Apr-11 09:51:14

Aaarrrgghhh! Having horrible morning so far. Our toilet is broken; our neighbours have trashed my bike; and DP is pissed off with me (for absolutely no good reason). Have stress headache, and just want the morning to start all over again

BoogiesBunny Wed 06-Apr-11 10:15:53

Your neighbours trashed your bike?!

MollyDefoe Wed 06-Apr-11 10:20:39

Yeah It's a long and boring story, but we live in a block of 4 flats, and every other flat has its own designated bike shed, but we don't, so we have to keep our bikes in the communal bin shed. Some new neighbours moved into the block about a month ago, and have taken offence at the fact we have no choice but to keep our bikes in the bin shed. So last night, they threw my bike across the yard, snapping the front brake cable, breaking the bell, and the front light bracket. It's all repair-able, but it'll cost me at least £30 to have it fixed, and it meant I was late for work this morning, and am now covered in bike grease. And I'm bl***y p***ed off! angry

BoogiesBunny Wed 06-Apr-11 11:12:59

Agh! That is just terrible! We have an ongoing passive-agressive battle going with our new neighbours - they park all their cars on the drive leaving no room for any of the other 3 flats (it's meant to be one car each) and don't care about the various bins which means they haven't been emptied in 4 weeks!! But trashing your bike is a whole other level! I'm sorry molly and really wish they would pay for your bike!

MollyDefoe Wed 06-Apr-11 11:50:06

Grrr - I hate passive-aggressive neighbours angry - I feel your pain Boogies ! Last month, a different set of neighbours parked their car at right angles to ours, completely blocking it in, and then went away for a week, meaning we couldn't get our car out at all. They were very unapologetic, and said they'd do it again. So we've had to move our car to a street about 10-mins walk away, just to make sure that we can get at it when we need it. I can't wait to move house this summer!!

Hello ladies, can I hop on board too? First month of ttc #3, dd1 is 4, dd2 is 2. Think I'll be dislodging Weimy as the oldest swi-er in town too, haha, am 39!

EsmeWeatherwax (39) ttc #3, cycle 1, ucl 31 days, AF due 19th April.

whitegold Wed 06-Apr-11 13:20:30

Oh this reminds me of a problem we had with our old neighbours - they used to park their cars in front of their own house, in front of ours and their daughter obviously didn't know how to park properly and parked hers over two spaces most of the time. They also used to have millions of visitors to their house meaning there were random cars parked bumper to bumper right the way down the street. I'd get home and have to park miles away then struggle up the street with all the shopping angry used to piss me off so much!

It ended up like 'parking wars' - I must have finished work around a similar time to the dad, as we always seemed to arrive home around a similar time, I used to try to leave work 5mins early so I'd beat him home and get my space back! grin

I remember one time though I had no choice but to park outside his house and he knocked round and asked me to move it - the cheek of it!!

I was over the moon when they moved - especially since the new neighbours don't drive! grin

molly thats awful what your neighbours did to your bike! Have you spoken to them about it? If not would you consider getting the police involved? It is criminal damage after all! angry

MollyDefoe Wed 06-Apr-11 13:36:26

Oh god, that's sooooo annoying, whitegold ! Why are neighbours such complete arses?! I'm not entirely sure which neighbours broke my bike (I live in a block that has 4 other flats in it) - I'm going to write a very angry letter when I get home this evening, and put it through all of their letterboxes. I'm just sick and tired of living next to aggressive weirdos - we've been in the block for 2 years, which makes us the oldest residents there, and we're good neighbours. We always put the bins out (even for the other neighbours), don't play loud music, don't SWI too loudly! etc. But over the last year, there have just been a succession of nutters moving in, who have made our lives a misery. I really just can't wait to get out of there - but it makes me really sad, because I loved living in the flat before these a**eholes moved in.

whitegold Wed 06-Apr-11 13:46:35

Its such a shame that you find somewhere lovely to live but then the neighbours spoil it for you. Do you rent the flat - if so can you speak to the landlord about it? You must be so excited to move - new home and hopefully new baby too smile

MollyDefoe Wed 06-Apr-11 13:54:25

yeah, the flat is rented, but one of the annoying neighbours (the ones with the car) lives in an adjacent block, which isn't owned by the landlord, so there's nothing he can do about it. To be honest, our lease is up in 4 months, and I can't face the aggro when there's such a short time left. I just want to move on now. But it is sad BUT, as you say, it would be dead exciting to have a new house - it would be lovely to buy somewhere with DP, and then, hopefully, to have a baby there!

BoogiesBunny Wed 06-Apr-11 14:03:30

Hi esme it's great to have you on board!! I hope SWI has been going well!

Despite the neighbours it's nice to know that we're not the only ones suffering! And trying for a baby certainly helps you think about the more important things in life!

weimy Wed 06-Apr-11 17:00:45

Welcome Emma and Dreaming!!!

esme welcome! we will have to be the responsible ones on this coach I think!!!

molly they sound like nob heads angry

OMG do they still wank even if they're in a relationship? shock I'm asking mine when he comes in and he's in trouble if he does!!!!

boogie where in the lakes are you going? I love the lakes!

toddle Wed 06-Apr-11 17:42:29

Oh weimy that made me giggle. Well its funny as ive spoke about it before with my mr and apparently he doesnt see the need but I think that his the minority on the subject lol. Thought it was a bit strange actually.

Oh boogie im very envious I got into uni in ambleside but decided against it at the last min and its so pretty.

And I must agree your neighbours dont sound that great molly are you planning on moving out after the four months?

BoogiesBunny Wed 06-Apr-11 18:26:43

weimy we are staying in Newby Bridge - I am so excited as I've never been and want to see everything, it looks so beautiful! It's great to hear from people who know it well!

And yes I think almost all guys (except your sainted man toddle) keep at it! Mine says that it is nothing to do with sex, me or any sense of unsatisfaction - just an itch he has to scratch! In fact since I told him that I didn't mind (or mind that he looked at porn) he says that it's all lost it's sheen and he does it much, much less - it's not clandestine any more!

weimy Wed 06-Apr-11 18:36:33

Newby Bridge is great, there is a hotel/bar on the opposite side to the modern one (it has two big stone dogs at the entrance) the locals drink there and it is super friendly.

Bowness and Ambleside are close for shops. Have a look for Tarn Howe there is an easy walk around it but you can climb up to it via a lovely waterfall, its near Conniston. I'm jealous we go in august with the pack and I really can't wait. grin

toddle Wed 06-Apr-11 19:08:25

Hi esme
Boogies yeah in some respect its kind of strange doesnt even watch porn or anything :S not that I would mind either way lol.

weimy Wed 06-Apr-11 19:23:02

I'm pretty sure mine doesn't either. I don't think I'd like him watching porn cos there is no way I could ever look like the women in porn films (or do what they do mores to the point).

toddle Wed 06-Apr-11 19:34:55

Haha yeah thinkiing about it id maybe feel the same size stick insect I am not. Feel better knowing his not the only one

OBeSomeOtherName Wed 06-Apr-11 20:53:15

Still no takers? Sorry! Hows about... What does the welsh word 'popty ping' mean? Closest/most amusing wins grin

weimy Wed 06-Apr-11 21:00:29

ooh, this one is my dogs fav kitchen implement a microwave!!!!!

They are convinced that when it pings they should get fed!

OBeSomeOtherName Wed 06-Apr-11 21:25:46

Bingo Weimy! Phew! Thought I'd be forever doomed to pick terrible pub quiz questions blush Over to you grin

fragglerocks Wed 06-Apr-11 22:24:35

Hi ladies and a big hi to all the newbies!
Not been here for a while, got some bad news last week, both DH and I will be having to take a huge paycut due to bloody stupid government cuts (We're both civil servants) We have quite a few debts, this coupled with the paycuts means we can't really afford a baby right now so have decided to spend the next few months paying off as much as we can and will hopefully start TTC again at the end of the year.
I will still pop in every now and then to see how you're getting on, good luck to you all, I really really really wish you all the best.
To all my sex pests, remember to keep your fingers crossed but your legs wide open (and up in the air after SWI for at least 15 minutes!)
Really sad at the moment but hopefully when i'm feeling less depressed about it all I will be back to see how you all are!!
(((Big hugs to you all )))

OBeSomeOtherName Wed 06-Apr-11 22:58:36

Oh Fraggle I'm so sorry to hear that! Hope you and your DH are ok and that the time flies for you both. Ruddy bloody government! angry

(((Big hugs right back atcha)))

whitegold Wed 06-Apr-11 23:17:07

Oh sorry fraggle sad I work in the public sector, and although I'm not having my pay cut I'll be on a pay freeze for the next few years at least so I'm expecting to see a big difference in what we have left over for ourselves after mortgage, bills, etc (in the last month alone I've had to pay my car insurance which had gone up by 50% - crazy!) so I can imagine how worrying it must be for you.

Hope that you manage to work something out, and you know if you started TTC again at the end of the year you'd still be in with a shot of a 2012 baby - you should definitely stick around!

(((hugs to you too)))

worldgonemad72 Wed 06-Apr-11 23:36:27

Can i join this bus?

wgm72 (34) TTC#3 cyle 2 ucl 28days AF due 30th april

Really hoping for BFP this month, a new year baby would be a much loved addition to our family!!

OBeSomeOtherName Thu 07-Apr-11 09:25:48

<slaps own wrist for not being able to resist POAS this morning!>
'Twas a BFN but still no sign of the usual horribleness I have pre AF. . . It's a right PITA not knowing my cycle lengths! confused

Welcome world and happy SWI-ing! grin

DreamingOfABump Thu 07-Apr-11 09:54:23

Dreamingofabump TTC#1 Cycle0 UCL27days AF due TODAY!

DreamingOfABump Thu 07-Apr-11 09:57:49

ah ok, i GET it, its in af order..duuuurr
Dreamingofabump (28) TTC#1 Cycle0 ucl27days Af due 7th April

BoogiesBunny Thu 07-Apr-11 10:46:24

Hi dreaming and wgm - so many New Year babies brewing on this thread!! I am desperately excited about getting our first BFP! Obe it could still be you - an early BFN doesn't mean anything.

trope Thu 07-Apr-11 12:53:49

hey fraggle - just wanted to add my commiserations at your sad news. I know how hard it is to be ready emotionally and have outside factors hold you back.

Take good care of yourself, enjoy 3 months of sex without intent and hopefully we'll see you fully back here on the bus later this year!

whitegold Thu 07-Apr-11 13:26:32

dreaming has af arrived today? If not, are you going to test?

I'm so excited for all those about to test over the coming days - I've just started the dreaded 2ww, trying desperately to think of other things but I'm sure the imaginary symptom spotting will begin before much longer!

obe anything to report from your end?

trope Thu 07-Apr-11 13:26:58

Hey obe, i'm with BoogiesBunny on this one, keep your chin up, it could still happen!

So many of us on here now - someones gotta get another BFP soon, surely!

I am due to ovulate today/tomorrow, so DP and I properly started SWI last night - bar one or two broken condom situations I've never had unprotected sex before - it felt very very weird to know that there was nothing stopping "the creation of life"!! Strangely meaningful, instead of just good fun, IYKWIM. The whole thing was most peculiar; DP got home from work, we had dinner & a few wine (well, he had one, I had a couple - I was feeling weirdly nervous!!) then mid evening we went upstairs, lit some candles, put some nice music on and... wink Makes a change from a DVD boxset and a bar of chocolate on the sofa! wink

Knowing that somewhere inside me life could be being created right now is really fucking weird and disconcerting!

Anyways, I just ate my own body weight in pesto pasta for lunch, just in case I am eating for two you understand... not greedy/comfort eating in any way... oh noes... This better not take months/years, or I'll be the size of a bus before I even get pregnant at this rate!

BoogiesBunny Thu 07-Apr-11 13:46:38

Awww trope that was a really beautiful post - and there could very well be a wee life just starting inside you. It is amazing. Oh....... I want to be pregnant so much!!

OBeSomeOtherName Thu 07-Apr-11 14:37:44

Thanks everyone smile No news yet, which is good news. Maybe. Haven't had any bad moods (well, no more than usual!), aches or sore boobs <touch wood> which I always have before AF. It's just driving me nuts not knowing if it's because I'm pregnant or just having a long cycle. Dying to know one way or the other!

I'll be POAS everyday until i know now! hmm grin

Trope, your post put a big smile on my face smile

whitegold Thu 07-Apr-11 14:48:56

Oh trope that was lovely smile

obe fx for you - keep us updated!

weimy Thu 07-Apr-11 16:28:18

Trope that was beautiful!!

fraggle I'm so sorry we will miss you xx

ohbesomeother probably too early fx!!!

Welcome wgm!

New quiz question!!!!!

What did Elvis never give at a concert?

Still waiting ov should be any day now, on cd14 have been swi'ing since cd10

OBeSomeOtherName Thu 07-Apr-11 18:02:10

Thanks for the x-ed fingers smile I'll definately keep you all updated.

Weimy is the answer 'a good performance'? shock grin

Poulette Thu 07-Apr-11 19:48:25

Hello lovelies! This is my very first attempt at the STATS! Here goes...

Poulette ttc1, cycle 2, UCL 28?days, AF due 11 April (ish)

I shall be keeping fingers firmly crossed for us all over the coming weeks!

Thank you all for being utterly brilliant by the way, you are keeping me sane. Sorry, feeling a little emotional today...colleagues at work are all pregnant and all the baby talk made me slightly tearful - methinks AF could be on her way, but am still hopeful!

Trope - loved your post! SWI does indeed feel a little strange after years of not doesn't it?

Am trying to think of a witty quiz question...in the meantime am going to watch The Model Agency on catch-up to cheer self up.

Ciao ciao x

toddle Thu 07-Apr-11 20:52:33

yeah obe i would definatly not say your out for the BFP for this month. it was over a week past my AF day untill i got my BFP apparently it varies how early you get the positive test greatly from person to person so FX .

you and dreaming will have to keep us all updated.

fraggle thats aweful news (hugs & my last piece of best chocolate fudge cake in the world). our council are having a massive shake up of their children and young peoples services so were all being effected now too . we got in a meeting and they basically said all of our jobs were deleted and have had to wait to find out what will happen next week . im sure you may be back may just have to have a late 2012 baby

DreamingOfABump Thu 07-Apr-11 22:52:18

af hs arrived (i think) so here begins cycle 1 of baby making, so excited i could let out a little bit of wee.!!!!!!!!!!!!

weimy Thu 07-Apr-11 23:01:00

Yay Dreamimg!

Ciao *Poulette" grin

Naynay80 Fri 08-Apr-11 08:02:02

Hey every been a lil busy MF is most fertile lool I'm trying to get the hang of this all,I'm hoping all goes well with you all lots of BAby DUst ****

Naynay80 Fri 08-Apr-11 08:19:52

Ok so here goes sorry if its wrong ladies
Naynay80(30)ttc baby 2 circle 2 ucl28 days AF due 3rd may
Dreamingofabump (28). TTC#1 Cycle0 ucl27days Af due 7th April

Tanif Fri 08-Apr-11 09:27:22

Morning all, just been kicked off the December bus so I'm going to sit quietly at the back for a while nursing my wounds and guzzling chocolate...

Tanif (25) TTC#1 Cycle 3 UCL 30 days AF due 8th May

OBeSomeOtherName Fri 08-Apr-11 10:08:52

Hi everyone!

Another BFN but still no AF. Sore boobs though. We shall see. Eventually!
smile

ghosteditor Fri 08-Apr-11 10:20:53

hey ladies,

AF is due next week for me, but I'm having a rough time of things at the moment and am starting to feel a bit down about the lack of TTC luck so far (we started trying in Jan so it's not even that long, but still...)

Have a big work trip next week that is likely to be boozy, so I POAS this morning just to be sure, and it was BFN (v unlikely that it worked this month for us as DH has been away so much), even though I've had a couple of odd AFs, lots of fatigue and a few other pseudo-symptoms.

Just starting to worry that it will be more difficult than we ever imagined - I could cope with knowing that it might take 6-12 months to become pg but of course it might take even longer, or there might be a problem that we don't know about. And to round it all off, between the budget cuts and the new support our military is providing to the middle east, DH is now likely to be away about half the year in random trips between a couple of days and 5 weeks - which is tough generally but even harder when TTC.

And even worse than that I keep putting off making decisions just in case I might be pg in summer, or autumn, so I don't want to commit to stuff, but in reality I may not even be pg at all by then, much less far along.

Sorry for bringing self-indulgent misery to the list but it helps a lot to be able to discuss it with people going through the same thing! Apart from DH, I don't want to tell anyone we're TTC so you lovely ladies are my only hope...

OBeSomeOtherName Fri 08-Apr-11 11:09:55

Don't appologise Ghost! That's exactly what the thread is for. . . well, at least I hope it is because I've had a good old vent too and I'm only in my first cycle! grin It really does help organise your thoughts.
Fx for you getting the BFP you want. Try to have fun in the process wink Is it your first baby your trying for? If it is maybe try enjoying your time with your DH when he's home as a couple and doing things you won't be able to do once you've got a DC, it might help you put a positive spin on the situation.

BoogiesBunny Fri 08-Apr-11 11:30:26

ghost I am so sorry that you are feeling so low and it obviously isn't helped by DH being away so often. I know there is a thread on here for ladies who have been trying for some time (but you haven't really and I don't want you to leave us!) so I don't want to say anything that is insensitive or trite. I think obe is right that at this stage you cannot worry about the future because you can't change it or pre-empt it. Focus on now, your time with DH and schedule lots of things that you won't be able to do once baby arrives and which will remind you of how wonderful it is to be just you two. And have SWI whenever you can! This month isn't over yet though so don't count yourself out.

tanif welcome!! I'm sorry the December baby didn't work out - let's all keep hoping for January!

ghosteditor Fri 08-Apr-11 12:04:08

thanks OBe and boogies it's really great to be able to talk about it a bit. Yes, we're TTC #1 - much earlier than any of my friends and most of DH's (even though I'm 27 and he's 32!) so it's all new to us. Since I came off the pill my libido has been much more like it used to be so it's definitely not SWI only, much to DH's relief. We're both very outdoorsy so we try to make the most of that when he's home, but to our frustration his work plans are constantly changing which makes it very hard to socialise or plan to meet up with people, as most of our friends live in other cities.

However, we're going to NY together in a couple of weeks which will be prime SWI time so we'll be TTC in earnest then grin .

We've also just found out that DH's lovely sister is suffering from an eating disorder so we're going to try to visit and support her a bit more too.

You're both very right and I'm sure that when we eventually have DC we'll be so keen to remember the days when we had time to ourselves! Of course with DH away so much it would be a bit scary with a PFB too look after by myself, so maybe I should just hope that engagements in the middle east are over by the time it will really matter to us. (not that I don't wish the best for the people suffering over there of course but I'm talking personally here)

weimy Fri 08-Apr-11 12:18:55

Tanif welcome! I'm so sorry about AF

Ghost, Obe and Boogie are right and you moan as much as you like here this is the place and there is def still time. Plus SWI in NY will be fantanstic and you will be super chilled.

Obe, still got my fx!

BabySade Fri 08-Apr-11 12:29:52

Hi Ladies,

Long time no see! Ive been busy at work but am enjoying my day off catching up with all the posts. I missed out on the quiz, I think I know the answer to the mask question. Is it Stanley Ipkiss? Great film!

Fraggle-I work in the public sector too, all the uncertainty and budget cuts are driving me crazy. I think your really strong to have made a decision and plan about putting TTC on hold. My DH and I have been back and forth over whether its still a good idea for us to TTC. Looking forward to seeing you back here soon x

I also have been putting off commiting myself to some things in case I get pregnant. I feel a bit stupid but everytime anything comes up I am always calculating how pregnant I might be. Is that totally crazy? At this rate im going to put the pregnancy calendar as my homepage!!

Ghost- I have been trying for a similar length of time, since december. It feels like forever to me. I find im a bit up and down. Last month I felt much worse about it all, the last week I have felt really positive about it. That said it may just be because AF is a few weeks away and ill be feeling pretty low in 2 weeks time. So jealous about NY, what a perfect place to conceive. You will be obliged to give your DC a ridiculous american name though

Btw I think I ovulated on wed, managed to SWI on tuesday but not on wed or thurs. Is there any point still SWI now? 4 months on and I still dont really understand it all

BoogiesBunny Fri 08-Apr-11 12:50:52

Hi baby you are not crazy. I am currently only buying summer clothes that I will still be able to wear with a bump - complete madness! Anyway, I think you could SWI now - it's so hard to know exactly where and when that little egg is on it's journey. Better to do it and then know you've tried your hardest - and JS is so important anyway.

fraggle New York! Amazing! That should help you through the next few weeks.

DreamingOfABump Fri 08-Apr-11 13:12:02

Dreamingofabump (28) TTC#1 Cycle1 ucl27days Af due 5th May

just a little update to get us back in the right order. oooh its exciting seeing who is due af and whether it comes!

OBeSomeOtherName Fri 08-Apr-11 13:59:42

Thanks Weimy! grin

Ghost New York sounds amazing! I'm going to Birmingham (ooooh aaaah) to see Jimmy Carr on Sunday and have a nice hotel booked for DP and I for the night - now there's two reasons why I'm desperate not to see AF this weekend!!

Baby that's right! One of my favorite film names, mainly because of the line "You're gonna Ipkiss your ass goodbye!" <juvenile emotion> grin

OBeSomeOtherName Fri 08-Apr-11 14:01:36

Thanks for doing that Dreaming, I've been building up the mynadd to do it myself smile

OBeSomeOtherName Fri 08-Apr-11 14:03:48

Oops! Sorry a welsh word slipped in there blush mynadd = energy/being arsed to do something.

BabySade Fri 08-Apr-11 15:31:48

I may have to buy The Mask now, i have an urge to watch it!

I think ill just keep up SWI for a few more days as who knows. Its so ironic that we spend most of our lives trying NOT to get pregnant! Since ive started ttc i have convinced myself that is actually impossible get pregnant unless you do it on a certain date (hmm)

Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend, weather is lovely near me. Im working over the weekend so am making the most of today sat outside in the sun

Levana Fri 08-Apr-11 15:40:13

I know what you mean BabySade about spending half your life trying not to get pregnant. I honestly thought if you had unprotected sex that was it - pregnant!

Turns out there about 4 days a month where you have a 1 in 4 chance or some such odds of getting pregnant. It's a complete head doer inner...

eurochick Fri 08-Apr-11 15:44:06

Well I am just out for a December baby (period arrived today) so I guess I belong here now.

eurochick (35) ttc no.1 (can't do the hash sign - am on forrin keyboard!) Cycle 5, UCL 25-30 days, AF due 2-7 May

weimy, we seem to be at the same stage!

weimy Fri 08-Apr-11 16:02:35

Hi eurochick sorry about AF We are at the same stage! Do you panic about leaving it too late and being too old to have a healthy bean?

weimy Fri 08-Apr-11 16:03:07

No guesses on the Elvis Question????

BabySade Fri 08-Apr-11 16:07:54

I have no idea but ill have a guess. Is it an encore?

weimy Fri 08-Apr-11 16:08:59

Yay !!! Now it is your turn to think up a question grin

BabySade Fri 08-Apr-11 16:12:11

I'll get my thinking hat on.....

BabySade Fri 08-Apr-11 16:12:48

How many bones in the human body?

ghosteditor Fri 08-Apr-11 16:14:32

babysade, I think unless you're dead certain about when you ovulated it's best to spread the SWI around a bit - how awful would it be only to focus on a small window of opportunity each month only to find out that it was the wrong window?

At the moment I really feel like I just don't want to know when I ov - with DH away so much I can't really control our dates and I don't want TTC to take over our lives to that extent (at least not yet!)

welcome to the list, eurochick .

weimy Fri 08-Apr-11 16:27:36

I thought I knew when I ov'd now I'm not so sure so I am spreading everything wink

MollyDefoe Fri 08-Apr-11 19:11:02

Hi all! Nice to see you again Tanif - sorry about AF.

I'm feeling rubbish today Woke up with a temperature, aches and headache, and am sneezing for Britain. Feels like such a waste of this beautiful weather! Still, ov day isn't due for another week, so it's probably better to get ill now instead of in 5 days time...

Evening all,

Weimy, no way have you left it too late, lol, I've had two very healthy babies since turning 35! As have many other people I know, my aunt had two wee surprises at 40 and 42, for example!

Dunno at all about ov this month, I seem to be a bit all over the place! Used to be so very regular too, haha, knowing my luck, its early menopause or summat. grin

weimy Fri 08-Apr-11 21:28:08

Thanks esme

OBeSomeOtherName Sat 09-Apr-11 08:15:46

Another BFN, still no AF! Stoopid body should know by now that I can't deal with this kind of thing! angry

Weimy you did make me laugh at you spreading everything! grin

DreamingOfABump Sat 09-Apr-11 08:49:35

omg time appears to have slowed down- i am stiiillll on cycle day 2!
Have made use of slowing down of time by buying lovely lingerie on ebay to assist with baby making luring of husband away from angry birds grin
Also want to drag husband shopping in the city today, will use excuse of " oh but we could peruse ann summers??" which im optimistic will do the job! hurrah for frilly ladies undercrackers ;)

Naynay80 Sat 09-Apr-11 09:00:18

Lol dreamingofabump your funny let's hope it works
And Obesomeothername I know just how you feel big hug

Tanif Sat 09-Apr-11 09:57:18

I've been trying desperately to catch up on 11 pages and it's taken me quite some time! Hope everyone has some nice plans for the weekend... dreaming can your DH please influence my DP? He loves the stuff I buy from Ann Summers but refuses point blank to go in and ends up lurking outside like some kind of pervert.

OBeSomeOtherName Sat 09-Apr-11 10:25:38

Thank you Nay smile

toddle Sat 09-Apr-11 11:23:33

:L tanif mines the same however theres a cooplands cafe across from ann summmers and it appears by just mentioning the shop he becomes hungry/thirsty and needs to go there instead of coming in.

dreaming i feel your pain angry birds and bubble buster i swear he becomes effectivly blind/deaf whilst playin them.

babysade my guess is 236

eurochick Sat 09-Apr-11 12:26:52

weimy, yes, I am quite panicked. I met my hubby almost 8 years ago and then neither of us wanted kids. I changed my mind a couple of years later but he took a bit longer! I have PCOS so frankly it was bonkers to leave it so late but short of dumping the bloke and taking my chances elsewhere (which I did consider!) I didn't have much choice.

I took the arrival of my period tihs week quite badly because it now means that at the earliest I would have a due date in Jan 2012, so no 2011 baby. And I turn 36 then. Gah!

Thanks for the encouraging post, esme.

BoogiesBunny Sat 09-Apr-11 13:04:31

Afternoon all! I am at a baking masterclass today - 2 of the people there are 8 weeks pregnant and on the course to learn how to be the mum with the best cakes. Envious! Still it's only 1pm and I've made 5 cakes - not bad! Hope you're all ok today!

Poulette Sat 09-Apr-11 13:23:19

Hello all. Well I have some news. POAS this morning...and I got a faint line!

Actually, I can't quite believe my eyes as was sure AF was coming. Tummy still feels AF-ish so am going to do another test Monday as that's the day I'm due.

But, still, am tentatively entertaining the idea that I might possibly almost be PG today - hurrah!

MollyDefoe Sat 09-Apr-11 13:34:21

Wow, congratulations Poulette!

toddle Sat 09-Apr-11 13:49:26

arghh thats fantastic poulette

fx keep us updated

whitegold Sat 09-Apr-11 14:49:13

Afternoon all!

oh poulette thats great news! fx for you smile

boogies 5 cakes already - impressive! I hope you're going to pass them around the bus wink

I'm in such a good mood today! The sun is shining, I feel a BBQ coming on! Going to have a little flutter on the grand national and hopefully win some pennies for a treat for me & the OH! I'm on CD20 at the mo so probably too late for swi now, just hope we've done enough and that this will be our month! Saying that though I'm torn over whether I should stay off the wine today just in case??

OBeSomeOtherName Sat 09-Apr-11 16:52:35

Poulette how fantastic! Got my fx-ed for you too!! (anyone else feel a bit jealous? wink) grin

Still no sign of AF and my boobs are only sore at night confused with no other signs.

Baby my guess is 2-0-....5...gah! can't remember! 205?

Poulette fantastic news, fx-ed too!

2ww seems to be far too long! Groan! Although today has been a good day, won 2.50 on the lottery last night and had bet the winner in the National! Hope my luck rides into next week when its POAS time! Assuming af doesn't get me first.

weimy Sat 09-Apr-11 18:00:57

Ohbesomeother how frustrating for you angry, I'd be climbing the walls by now!

dreaming good luck with the frillies grin

boogie well done with the cakes!!

poulette that's fabulous! Fx grin

euro I've been married nearly ten years will be 36 this year, like you we thought we didn't want children. DH is less keen than I but very very keen on the shagging grin

eurochick (35) ttc#1 Cycle 5, UCL 25-30 days, AF due 2-7 May

DreamingOfABump Sat 09-Apr-11 19:37:42

HOORAY FOR POULETTE'S LITTLE LINE!!!!

OBeSomeOtherName Sat 09-Apr-11 19:47:06

Weimy, I'm not too far off climbing the walls! Hoping going away tomorrow will be a bit of a distraction from it all (if there's still no AF or BFP that is) smile

trope Sat 09-Apr-11 20:13:37

OOh! so many posts since I was last here! Where to start!?

weimy - count me as another vote for you not having left it too late - i'm sure you'll have a healthy happy kid! I had planned to have my first kid by 30, which clearly hasn't happened, so whenever I start fussing and fretting about getting older&having a kid or listening too intently when people start throwing horrid stats around, I remind myself of all the reasons why i'll be a better mum in my 30s than I would have been in my 20s; DP and I own our own home, with a big garden, rather than a rented flat with a dangerous wobbly balcony, we have higher incomes, (well, he does, i'm an unemployed slacker!), we're more mature and our relationship is even more stable than it was then, we have lots of close friends and family with kids who can share our lives and give our kid a wonderful extended family to be part of. The list goes on and on! Not to mention that I have my health under control, and know what medication works best for me (something we were far far away from in my 20s). The odds might have been better in my 20s, but i'll be a better mum in my 30s. I'm sure you're going to be a great mum, 35 really isn't that old at all! My mum had my youngest sister when she was 39 and she turned out OK! (well, bar the pathological inability to be organised or get up in the morning, but that could be more to do with her being a uni student and only 20... wink)
(BTW - younger mums/mums to be, please don't take offense at my comments, i'm talking about my personal situation here, no judgements or assumptions here about any of you!)

boogies I must have sex on the brain as I misread your post as "bonking masterclass" (and thought it must be good, given how many of the attendees were pregnant)... wink baking sounds good though!

poulette AWESOME! congratulations! Hope you are enjoying your weekend, FX for you for Monday! :D

baby.. I guess... 211 bones!

obe blimey - you must be itching for some news!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Here in Hove DP and I are still SWI-ing. I thought I was going to OV on Friday, got the egg whitey pant snot and everything, but my temp has stayed stubbornly low and the egg white has gone away.. so who knows what's going on. Figure we'll just keep shagging and hope for the best! Had a lovely day out in Brighton; ice cream on the beach and a mooch around the lanes.
Hope you are all having a lovely weekend too!

OBeSomeOtherName Sat 09-Apr-11 21:00:40

Thank you Trope smile I'm in Brighton!!

trope Sat 09-Apr-11 21:39:20

obe - WOW! What a small world!! Have you been here long? (I'm guessing from the welsh above you're not a native brightonian!)

DP and I moved to Hove 5 and a half years ago now, from Guildford (both grew up near there and moved there for work reasons). Absolutely love it and can't imagine living anywhere else now!

No idea on the etiquette here, so totally understand & won't be offended if you want to keep MN & RL separate, but if not, feel free to PM me and we could meet up sometime!

weimy Sat 09-Apr-11 23:02:03

Thank you trope grin xxxxx

Carlitawantsababy Sun 10-Apr-11 11:03:21

Hello! Any more room on the coach? I don't mind sitting near the toilets! I'm new to MN, getting married on 29th April then will be starting to TTC! Think I will need some company along the way as am already deranged and thinking about conceiving more often than not! So far have managed to keep myself away from baby aisles in shops but do feel a little tug of longing so feel it will only be a matter of time.
My stats:

carlitawantsababy (29) TTC#1, cycle 0, UCL 30, AF due 17th April

weimy Sun 10-Apr-11 11:33:45

Welcome carlita!!!! There is still plenty of room here grin

eurochick Sun 10-Apr-11 12:40:48

carlita, you could try for a honeymoon baby! How exciting.

Carlitawantsababy Sun 10-Apr-11 15:11:40

Yes yes yes! Fingers crossed for a honeymoon baby! We're off to Thailand the morning after the wedding so should set the scene for lots of SWI!

toddle Sun 10-Apr-11 15:52:42

Hi carlita i must say im rather envious.

Well I have no interesting news rather dull weekend but ive just used a bus and was sat next to a girl with a baby in a pram. Dropped myself in it big time. Shes about 12/13 MAX!!!! shes talking to me as I work in the childrens centre and I have my badge on and its her baby :O :O. Eeek ive made a million referances to her being the sister. Wow I thought I would end up being a young mum at 20/21 never mind 12 its crazy :S

weimy Sun 10-Apr-11 17:15:56

carlita honeymoon baby would be lovely

12!!!! bloody hell toddle!

whitegold Sun 10-Apr-11 20:42:20

I probably would have done the same thing toddle!

carlita thats sounds lovely, I've always wanted to go to Thailand smile

Hope everyone's weekend has been good?

Carlitawantsababy Mon 11-Apr-11 07:27:45

I had a lovely weekend staying with some friends in northern Ireland and their 6 month old baby girl Gaia who is just gorgeous then yesterday met my 3 month old nephew to be, Devyn, who looks like a mini version of DP! I don't know anyone else with babies (and live in london) so it has been all very cute! Weirdly, being around babies has not reduced my desire to read MN, I guess because I'm dreaming of my baby, not just any baby! What have you all been up to?

BabySade Mon 11-Apr-11 14:09:27

Congrats on your line Poulette, so exciting!

Hello carlita you must be so excited about your wedding, I went to Thailand on my honeymoon. We had a fantastic time.

Obe any news yet? You are very nearly right with the bones question!

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend? I had sunday afternoon off work, was planning on a BBQ but ended up at the vets with my poor doggy. It cost £165 for fees and medicine! But she is so much better today so thats the main thing and at least we have insurance. Gutted that we missed the sunshine though.

whitegold Mon 11-Apr-11 15:37:14

carlita I know what you mean - seeing other people's babies and the joy they bring to their parents just makes me want my own even more! Luckily DH feels the same way and we're so excited.

babysade glad your little pooch is better today. Our dog had to have an op last year and I felt so sorry for her moping around and whining sad I had to take a couple of days off work to care for her because I felt mean putting that lampshade thing around her head then going out! The fees are shocking aren't they - I'm sure they pull on your heart strings then bump the prices up!

Well the sun has no longer got its hat on here so its been housework galore today as I have the day off work. DH is going to be home early so looking forward to a nice evening together smile

BoogiesBunny Mon 11-Apr-11 16:18:54

Well I have plenty of cake to share around with you lovely ladies so help yourselves to chocolate, victoria, maderia and a french one I can't spell/pronounce.

I am so happy for you poulette - is this our first positive???!

carlita I'm originally from N.I. so I'm glad you enjoyed your time over there! I know what you mean about wanting your baby too - it goes beyond thinking babies are cute and becomes something you covet for yourself - combined with the excitement of seeing what happens when you and OH mix together!

CD9 here and planning on SWI from tomorrow - does that sound right?

weimy Mon 11-Apr-11 16:33:51

Hey all!

I think poulette is our first positive!

Babysade hope your dog is feeling better,

We have been the vets today my eldest had a huge lump on his head and at first I thought a thorn was sticking out of it..... but it had legs! Well after screaming I took him straight to the vets and they said it was a tick and removed it eugh. I took a crispy dead mouse off my youngest the other day and thought that was gross but this was much worse.

Cd 18 here but fertility friend still hasn't given me cross hairs, so I guess i' ll have to keep on swi!

OBeSomeOtherName Mon 11-Apr-11 17:24:03

Hi all! Had a lovely night away with DP and managed to hardly think about TTC at all which was a welcome break!

Still no BFP or AF but am really irritable today so it might be on it's way sad or it could just be that I'm gutted to be back after such a lovely time. We'll see.

Trope I have PM'ed you smile

ghosteditor Mon 11-Apr-11 20:18:18

Hey ladies,

Some serious work-stress and a slightly early AF for me - what a week this is shaping up to be!

So my stats are now:

ghosteditor (27) ttc#1 cycle 4 ucl 26-28 days due 7th May

HOWEVER all being well next month should be the month of mega-TTC (if DH doesn't get sent overseas instead of coming to NY with me, that's another story) so I'm keeping fx that things will be different next time around.

and of course, congrats poulette !

d0gFace Mon 11-Apr-11 20:59:50

Hi, could I join you

(24)ttc#1 Had an early mc late last month, so not sure when af will arrive.

Poulette Mon 11-Apr-11 21:22:08

Hi all! Thank you for your lovely messages!

Well, I've tested twice again (just to make sure) and that little line keeps on getting stronger...so I guess this is it! I think I might even squeak into 2011.

Weimy your tick story sounds hideous, but curiously fascinating. I've never seen a tick in a being before!

Ohbesomeothername really glad you enjoyed your trip away. Am keeping my fingers crossed for you still - you never know!

Ghost perhaps NYC will be the place you conceive - ultra glam you! If you did, would you name it something NYC-ish though, a la Posh Spice and Brooklyn?!

x

Naynay80 Mon 11-Apr-11 21:59:39

Hey there ladies! I'm watching one. Born every min can't wait for it to be me even though it doesn't look very nice,well my daughter is now 11yrs old turning 12 hands over faceim counting down my MF days me and my DP started trying on sunday and will keep at it all the way till sat lol
Congrates poulette xx

weimy Mon 11-Apr-11 22:03:54

Hurrah Poulette!

I've had Harry for ten years, been to the lakes every year and never seen one before!

Tanif do you read the Skulduggery pleasant series?

welcome D0gface!! So sorry about the mc

Here are the updated stats!!

Poulette ttc1, cycle 2, UCL 28?days, BFP grin
D0gface(24)ttc#1 Had an early mc late last month, so not sure when af will arrive.

shobbs Mon 11-Apr-11 22:45:53

hi can i join ttc#2 AF due 14th april cycle is usually between 31-33days, used ovulation kits that were well recommended. 3 friends tried them and all 3 are pg this is my second time trying have symptons such as severe tiredness which i hardly ever get as at f/t university aswell as having a 4yr old i have mastered but the last 4 days cant stay awake past 10pm, lower belly cramps but NO sore boobs (which i always get every AF) x

good luck to all

Morning all, gorgeous day!

Poulette huge congratulations!

Still 2ww-ing here, symptom spotting like mad, even tho only 7 dpo and know I'm completely havering!

Hi Shobbs sounds hopeful.

weimy Tue 12-Apr-11 09:53:02

Fertility Friend is still not giving me cross hairs despite a temp shift, looks like I'm not going to ov

kittycat234 Tue 12-Apr-11 10:04:25

Hiya,

I have just officially started ttc #3 although stopped the depo jag 7 months ago. It really messed up my AFs and was a permanent "bleeder" as my dh so very kindly put it lol. Just when I thought I was back to normal (have had 3 regular AF's) I have just started an early AF, was hoping I had a implantaion bleed but hey ho no such luck. Just when I start officially trying everything goes awol. Should have kept it more of a secret from mother nature and maybe would have more success.

I sound a little selfish here as I have 2 beautiful children already and in real terms havent been trying for too long, although unofficially it has been 7 months now. After depo it can take a year I have heard so still avergage.

Anyway good luck to all you lovely ladies here ttc a 2012 baby, and plenty of baby dust to everyone
xxx

MollyDefoe Tue 12-Apr-11 15:28:33

Hi all <waves>

I'm an idiot. I've had really bad heartburn for the last 2-3 weeks, which I've never had before. At first I hoped it was a pg symptom, but then AF came and went, and the heartburn got worse and worse. It was just when I was necking a pint of grapefruit juice yesterday afternoon, and thinking 'owww! that really hurts', that I made the connection. I'd gone from drinking no juice, to about 2 pints of grapefruit juice a day (all in the aid of EWCM!). My poor stomach - all that acid. Anyway, today I've had no grapefruit juice, and ta-da: no heartburn. I feel like a prize idiot. I've spent the last week worrying that I've got a peptic ulcer...

I'm on CD 13, so expecting to ovulate in about 3-4 days time; the shagathon begins tonight! But I've had flu for the past 4 days, and now DP is complaining of a sore throat. Really hope he doesn't succumb; or at least is able to DTD through the pain...

weimy Tue 12-Apr-11 17:29:04

molly I found that too so haven't been bothering with the juices grin FX for the SWI

Welcome kittycat! just add yourself to the stats!!!xx

kittycat234 Tue 12-Apr-11 19:42:38

woops my stats are as follows:

(25) TTC#3, cycle 0, UCL unknown was 28 but still irregular, AF due 24h April

OBeSomeOtherName Wed 13-Apr-11 18:58:54

Still nothing!! Haven't tested since Monday and won't be until the weekend now (if there's no AF by then) in an attempt to keep the disapointment of that lineless little window to a minimum.

Sorry, haven't had the chance to catch up properly, ds is ill atm so not had much time to spend on mn and am pooped by the end of the day.
I hope everything's going well for everyone x

weimy Wed 13-Apr-11 19:40:41

obesomeother how bloody frustrating hope ds gets better soon xx

trope Wed 13-Apr-11 20:31:10

ooh, cake! I'll try the unamed french one please boogies

although after weimys tick story I may have to wait till later to eat it - that sounds thoroughly gross!

obe how frustrating! I'd be a gibbering wreck of frustration by now in your shoes, really hope you get a BFP soon!

Now, what's this talk of juices?? Is there some magic pant snot increasing ingredient in juice that I didn't know about? Someone, please enlighten me!!

To update where i'm at, I'm CD13, plenty of egg white but no crosshairs on FF yet for me either. My temp has been annoyingly low and flat, although it's finally gone up 0.1 for two days running, so I'm hoping ovulation may finally be here! I'm guessing that this means that my cycle has gotten longer again, but will just have to wait and see.

In other news, I do have masses of crampy pains, which I imagine are the wizened husks that are my ovaries slowly creaking back into life! (15 odd years on the pill can't have done them any good! wink) Never had anything like it before though - feeling really very sore! Just what you want when you're TTC eh! wink

weimy Wed 13-Apr-11 21:02:53

Just eaten undercooked sausages, how ill will this make me and what ttc effect could this have?

Poulette ttc1, cycle 2, UCL 28?days, BFP
kittycat(25) TTC#3, cycle 1, UCL ?, AF due 24h April
D0gface(24)ttc#1 Had an early mc late last month, so not sure when af will arrive.

trope Thu 14-Apr-11 07:35:21

weimy oh no! No idea how food poisoning would affect things, but bear in mind that you won't definitely get sick, is a question of luck / whether any bacteria present were harmful and in enough quantities to make you ill. FX you are OK!

trope Thu 14-Apr-11 07:40:37

Woo - got crosshairs on FF! Ovulation dated to monday 11th! Which means I'm moving my AF due to the 25th, on the assumption of a 14 day luteal phase.

Is amazing how excited you can get over a couple of lines on a chart!! We managed to SWI on the day of ovulation, so fingers, toes and everything else crossed! Keeping up with the SWI for another day or two just in case FF isn't right about Monday.

trope, (32) ttc#1 cycle1 ucl 23-28(!)days AF due 25th April (ish!)

MollyDefoe Thu 14-Apr-11 09:59:35

Weimy Hope you're OK. At a Christmas party last year, a group of my friends and I were clustered around a tray of cocktail sausages in the kitchen, and polished off about 5 each (some ate 10!). And then the host came back in, screamed, and grabbed the tray from our hands - they'd only been in the oven for 5 minutes (they were supposed to have 30 minutes). I'm such a hypochrondriac at the best of times, and was terrified I was going to spend the night vomiting - but not one of us were ill. Good old M&S! I hope you've had the same luck...

weimy Thu 14-Apr-11 16:58:58

yay no vom!!! grin

toddle Thu 14-Apr-11 18:20:29

fx on not being sick weimy. trope what are these cross hairs you talk about :L it may be a silly question but i actually have no idea.

well i got a positive OPK so i guess im lucky that ive ovulated so soon after MC just 13 days ago. messed my head up slightly as i was so gutted about the MC i told the mr we would be SWI everyday untill i got a BFP. so we have pretty much been doing that and ive been fine. however now i no i have or will very soon ovulate its scaring my sh*tless incase i do get pregnant so much so last night i told him i didnt want to get pregnant he used a condom shock . TMI but when we had finished i practically cried because i felt like his little swimmers had been wasted and should be on their way to socalising with my egg.

so well sorry for ranting i dont feel like he quite understands hardly suprising as i dont understand myself i want a BFP but then id be petrified if we got one.

weimy Thu 14-Apr-11 18:30:39

Toddle if you chart you get red crosshairs on your chart if your temps show you have ov'd (if using fertility Friend).

I know exactly how you feel, it is very scary and emotional and a huge step with huge implications, it's ok to freak out

orangehead Thu 14-Apr-11 20:22:54

Is there room fr one more. Just been throw off december bus,af arrived today.
orangehead TTC#3 cycle 4 UCL 25-27 AF DUE 10th May

weimy Thu 14-Apr-11 21:10:25

Orange you are very welcome!!! Sorry about AF (bitch) xx

orangehead Thu 14-Apr-11 21:54:50

She is indeed

trope Thu 14-Apr-11 22:29:16

hey toddle, not a silly question at all! weimy beat me to it though, I was indeed referring to the crosshairs you get once fertility friend has decided that you have ovulated! (In my case, it took a few days to decide it had happened as my temperature rise was a gentle one over three days).

FWIW, I think the way you're feeling is totally understandable, a MC is a big deal, no matter how early it was. It would be far stranger if you didn't have some mixed emotions about TTC if you ask me! As hard as it is now, I'm sure it will get easier with time and in the meantime you have all of us to talk to.

shobbs Thu 14-Apr-11 22:36:35

shobbs 24, TTC 1, 33DY cycle, AF due 14th April
orangehead TTC#3 cycle 4 UCL 25-27 AF DUE 10th May

shobbs Thu 14-Apr-11 22:37:05

still no AF, and still no BFP (

DreamingOfABump Thu 14-Apr-11 23:16:56

cycle day 7 -i have an app for that ;)
getting near to baby making attempt number one! EXCITING!
am thinking about hitting the ground running by doing something like the egg meets sperm plan ie swi on days 10 12 14 16 17 18 and 20 (assuming i ov about day 16 again) my OH thinks it sounds like an awesome plan, i think he's just in it for the shagging!

Carlitawantsababy Fri 15-Apr-11 07:59:04

Hi everyone!

Oops, have missed an awful lot!
poulette how exciting! Congratulations!
babysade oooh, where in thailand did you go? How was it?
boogies I love NI, always have a good time when I'm there! I go every other month to see my friend. H2B from Baloo area, down, how about you? Totally agree re the combo of you and OH, magic!
Welcome dogface, shobbs and kittycat
TBC...

Carlitawantsababy Fri 15-Apr-11 08:13:51

obe I have everything crossed for you! A lovely BFP would brighten the weekend for the thread nicely!
Molly pmsl at your grapefruit/ heartburn story! Just the sort of thing I would do!
Welcome orange
weimy glad you survived sausage incident!
Sorry if I've missed anyone out, I will endeavour to be more attentive (I thought it would move more slowly!) at least for the 2 weeks until my wedding (eek!) after which I will be absent for 3 weeks. In other news, I am awaiting arrival of last AF before TTC which feels like a bit of a milestone and in very exciting news my big sister is 4 weeks pg after 2.5 years of trying, 3 rounds of IUI and 1 round of ICSI! She has a scan at beginning of may and will be able to see if it's one peanut or two! Have a great Friday all and here's to a shag filled weekend for you all!

MollyDefoe Fri 15-Apr-11 10:38:06

Morning all! Happy Friday! I'm off to Galway this evening, to talk at a book festival there - apparently the airline I'm flying with uses propeller planes, so I'm really quite nervous shock
It would be nice to have a weekend away, but I think I'm due to ov on Sunday, and DP isn't able to come with me. He's come down with a horrid cold (probably the one I had last weekend), and is feeling pretty sorry for himself, but is valiantly readying himself for some shagging before I fly this evening. I'll get home about midnight on Sunday, and we'll SWI then, so I really hope this covers me for my fertile period...
Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?
<hands round mid-morning muffins (blueberry; and white chocolate and raspberry)>

weimy Fri 15-Apr-11 10:52:29

<Grabs a white chocolate muffin!>

molly def sounds as tho you will be covered

Shobbs it might be taking a while to show up it does sometimes fx xx

dreaming sounds like an ideal plan!!!!!

Carlita thats lovely news! grin

I'm away till sunday but will catch up as soon as I get home grin

BoogiesBunny Fri 15-Apr-11 10:58:20

Hi all! Molly I absolutely feel your anxiety (but very jealous you are going to the Galway book festival!) - DH has not been well this week either which means that we only managed SWI on CD10 (today is CD13). He is leaving for a conference tomorrow morning but has promised he'll be well enough to SWI tonight (and I'm also hoping for tomorrow morning)! I think the big day is Sunday (CD15) so we'll get down to it when he's back that night. I am a little disappointed our best laid plans went out the window but, as people always say, it only takes one time and stressing will only make it worse.

On a related point I notice lots of people are having SWI on alternate days but I thought that latest research said that you only need to leave 24hours to let the swimmers regenerate - am I wrong? Perhaps more experienced people could let me know!

Welcome orange it's great to have you with us!!

carlita I am from south Down, and know Baloo well - I was a bridesmaid at the inn there and have great memories! Congratulations to your sister - what a relief and I hope that it all goes well for her. How wonderful if you could be pregnant together!

I really hope we have more BFPs impending!!

whitegold Fri 15-Apr-11 11:16:52

Morning ladies, any news from shobbs & obe this morning?

Good luck with your talk molly - and sounds like you've got plenty of swi going on, fx for you.

carlita so much going on for you at the mo! Are you all sorted for your wedding? Thats fab news about your sister too!

I'm not feeling too good this morning - very sore boobs, a dull ache in my lower abdomen and a banging headache... af is due within the next few days though so I'm fully expecting her to make an appearance - doesn't look good for us this month I'm afraid sad Just want af to hurry up and get here now so we can crack on with the next cycle.

trope Fri 15-Apr-11 12:05:45

ooh white choc & raspberry for me <crams muffin in mouth and spills crumbs everywhere> mmmm! ta!

molly good luck for your talk! Your SWI plan sounds perfect - hope your DP is feeling better by Sunday!

boogies well I just spent a while on google and although I can find references to waiting a day or two between sessions and not just having constant sex on various baby related sites, I cannot find any info on actual scientific research. What I do know from my googling, is that sperm refreshes constantly and there is a sizable supply at any given time - not just one orgasms worth. So i'm guessing there isn't likely to be a problem with daily shagging in the run up to ovulation. (Runs off to tell DP that next month is going to be knackering, but fun!!) However if anyone else has links to recent research / info that would be awesome, the more you know and all that!

I'm having an odd cycle. Have had lots of what I initially presumed to be ovulation pain, but it's continued on well past ovulation. I'm 4DPO and it's eased off a bit, but i'm still bloated and sore/crampy in my lower abdomen. I've got a massive appetite (pass us another muffin would you?) and am peeing all the bloody time! I even had sore boobs yesterday evening, which I never, ever get. Having tortured myself reading sites like this one I am starting to wonder if something rather exciting could be happening... but obviously don't want to get my hopes up, could just be my body having a funny and readjusting still from stopping the pill after 15 odd years... Spoke to my sister yesterday and she said she got implantation pain when she got pregnant... so .... who knows!

I'm sure i'll probably end up thinking/hoping like this every month - which is daft really, but it passes the time, eh! wink

Weekend plan is to spend as much time with DP as possible - he's off to NY again for work Mon-Thursday, so just want to spend time alone with him. We hardly ever have time apart (we've gone years in the past without so much as a night apart) so we're dreading him being on the other side of the world again... On the bright side, I'm heading up to Morecambe to visit my sister while he is away - and will get to see my gorgeous niece for the first time in months! (she's coming up on 10 months & is so cute!)

Carlitawantsababy Fri 15-Apr-11 15:12:50

whitegold yes, all sorted for wedding thanks, we are having the reception in our local pub so haven't got lots of details like table plans and place names to sort out, just having a buffet, a couple of speeches and lots of music. Looking forward to it now. The only thing is I have quite a lot of sewing to do, I am making bunting to decorate the pub and although all the triangles are made, ironing them and sewing to tape takes an unbelievable amount of time when you're making 64 metres worth!
Our cycles are very close so will be relying on you for support to stop me from poas every 5 mins from next cycle, I am not a patient person!
trope I have everything crossed for you but have to say I was absolutely certain I was pg when I stopped the pill last summer (even though we weren't TTC and were using condoms!) as felt so pregnant and had every symptom. I web said to dp "if I'm not pregnant I'm mad" evidently the latter as was just my body adjusting. Not trying to POYP though as lots of people do get pg straight away due to the fertility boost you get - in fact my best friend did, first cycle off the pill. Rambling now, just felt I should say.

kittycat234 Fri 15-Apr-11 15:45:32

Congratualtions Carlita. Hope you have a wonderful day. Also exciting stuff with your sister all the best
Lets hope we have a good weekend and more bfps for Monday xx

Liliana1 Fri 15-Apr-11 15:59:20

Hi! Can I join? Been trying to avoid this as don't want to become neurotic about getting pregnant but that is obviously not going to happen so thought I might as well embrace the situation and meet some new people who I can stress about this with share this happy time with wink

So my story in brief:
I'm 31, was with the hospital for 4 years having abnormal smear after abnormal smear but they couldn't find anything wrong. Finally told I am 'Normal' (yeah right!). Stopped taking the pill a year ago with a 'if it happens it happens attitude' and from December been actively TTC, now can't wait for it to happen!!

So any advice welcome as this is my first

orangehead Fri 15-Apr-11 17:58:21

Boogie I always thought evey second day best but just started readig Zita Wests book and she says its a myth and basically the more sex the better so I am a bit confused now.
Thanks for the muffin Molly.
Welcome Liliana

BabySade Fri 15-Apr-11 22:06:21

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new ladies!

orangehead I can just about face every other day, I really dont think I could manage anymore than that. Its such an effort wink

I am probably about 7 DPO, no symptoms to mention apart from I am really spotty. I dont normally get any spots maybe one or two just before AF. I am grasping at straws here! Anymore news on anyone who is due AF over the next few days?! Some more BFP's would cheer me up.

carlita we went to Bangkok and Koh Samui, had such an amazing time. Thai people are so welcoming, great views and great food. We had a massage everyday. Im so jealous, I wanna go back! Good luck with all the last minute wedding plans

Carlitawantsababy Sat 16-Apr-11 09:57:41

babysade ooh lovely! We're planning on railay, koh phi phi, koh lanta and Bangkok, can't wait!
Also loving your symptom spotting straw clutching! Could do with a bit more of that this weekend followed by lots of lovely BFPs!

Carlitawantsababy Sat 16-Apr-11 10:03:16

In case anyone else was pondering the etymology of clutching/grabbing at straws: This idiom refers to a drowning man grabbing any floating object, even a straw, to save himself. It was first used by Thomas More in Dialogue of Comfort Against Tribulation (1534).
Just me? ;)

Liliana1 Sat 16-Apr-11 11:13:34

Morning! Brought lemon cupcakes for coffee break and have a few questions.

Can I please be stupid and ask what is AF? blush can't find it in the acronyms.

I should be fertile today / tomorrow so going down the route of having lots of sex - as my DH works away we have limited opportunities Looked at using ovulation strips - do they help and are they worth it?

OBeSomeOtherName Sat 16-Apr-11 11:25:52

Hi everyone! Sorry but I will continue to be crap over the next couple of days - ds is better but now I'm ill instead! Flu like symptoms with sinusitis sad

Still no AF and another BFN! angry I'll be of to the doctors for a blood test next week at this rate!

Liliana, AF stands for 'aunt flo'/period smile It took me a while to work it out too!
Lemon cupcakes sound amazing [drool]

Carlitawantsababy Sat 16-Apr-11 15:04:56

OBe how frustrating! Is that normal for you to be so late? Fingers crossed your hormone levels are building up for a lovely BFP!
liliana sounds like you and DH are in for a good weekend! What good timing with your window! Can't wait for that to be me! Only 13 days till TTC and happily wedding night and beginning of honeymoon coincide with my window!

Liliana1 Sat 16-Apr-11 15:10:34

Carlita congratulations on your upcoming wedding, hope the day is wonderful. Perfect timing with your cycle - my friend was trying for ages and then got pg while on holiday - seems to be few stories around about how holidays help with conception. Fx for you xx

Thanks Obe slowly getting the lingo!! Hope you're body is getting ready for a BFP

wouldbemumandotherstuff Sat 16-Apr-11 18:03:15

can I join in too? just signed up for MN and, like Liliana, still trying to get the lingo! so hello to everyone!

strangely nervous about starting to post - this is all very new! but brief intro, DH and I have been TTC no.1 since Jan, so really hoping for early 2012 now! my cycle is anywhere between 26 and 39 which is getting irritating, came off microgynon 30 over a year ago, and really hoped it would have sorted itself out by now but stress at work can't help.

Question - earlier in the posts, some of you were talking about and giving stats - I could figure out some of it, but an explanation would be great for a newbie! thanks!

fr00tbat Sat 16-Apr-11 18:33:09

Can I join up - TTC 11 months now, 2012 here we come, CD8, af due 12th May.......