thenightsky Thu 25-Nov-10 19:14:18

Me. Twice.

Yep, tried once got pregnant.

sarah293 Thu 25-Nov-10 19:15:27

Message withdrawn

Moulesfrites Thu 25-Nov-10 19:15:52

Me too

fel1x Thu 25-Nov-10 19:16:34

I got pregnant the second month both times we tried.
Am on month 2 of trying for DC3 for fingers crossed its a pattern grin

I did. Was a bit of a shock tbh!

squirrel007 Thu 25-Nov-10 19:16:49

I did, and I think the chances are about 25% per cycle for a healthy couple aged 30ish.

RobynLou Thu 25-Nov-10 19:17:00

I got pg first try twice...

Snakeears Thu 25-Nov-10 19:17:35

cool, that's quit reassuring.. I'm just assuming that it will take ages...be complicated etc.

Do you think anything helped this (apart from the obvious smile )

Me too twice... whilst breastfeeding second time, I didn't even know I was pg until 9 weeks...

DooinMeCleanin Thu 25-Nov-10 19:18:26

Twice. The first time I was on the pill. I'm still sure I did not miss any.

We decided about a week before we were going on holiday to try for dd2. We came home from hliday with dd2 (although we didn't realsie until a month later, obviously)

MickyLee Thu 25-Nov-10 19:18:49

Yes me the first and the second was an accident which was a one off.. and I became pregnant again.

Islandsinthestream Thu 25-Nov-10 19:23:30

Yes me too... three times shock. I built in a mental "run-up" of 6m each time and was just as surprised it had worked 1st go on the third time as the first!

One friend took 8 months with first, 6 months with second.

Another friend pg first time with first child, hasn't been able to get pg since, no reason, trying for 2+ years, all tests fine sad

Another friend 24m first, 4m second smile

It all varies.

Good luck!

Islandsinthestream Thu 25-Nov-10 19:24:43

Oh & forgot my big bro's wife was first time too! Maybe it's more common than it looks!

snakeears... it may seem obvious, but i think it's easy to "miss" the most fertile period!

have heard a lot of people say have sex every other day for the duration. that's what I did and it worked.

but basically you just need to make sure yo have sex just before and when you ovulate

clearly this isn't a guarantee that you will get pregnant, but it's surprising how easy it is to miss that failry small window of opportunity

Bicnod Thu 25-Nov-10 19:28:25

Yes me as well - DS was conceived first go.

DC2 (am currently 7 weeks pg) took nearly a year however...

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 25-Nov-10 19:28:36

ds1 - unplanned
ds2 - unplanned
dc3 - 1st month

I can't take any credit for ds1&2, but with dc3 I charted for a few months before ttc so I understood my cycle. As I knew my ovulation signs we went for it and conceived straight away.

AntonDuBurk Thu 25-Nov-10 19:31:04

Yes, twice.

I had a fairly regular cycle and knew when I was ovulating so very unromantically timed things accordingly and got pregnant first month of trying.

(Have also come across the 25% per cycle statistic I think)

KittyFloss Thu 25-Nov-10 19:31:21

Yes, dd was ahem a mishap, ds1 was concieved first go, when ttc ds2 I did get pg first go but had an early mc, then took 6 months to for ds2 to turn up. I think if you have no fertility problems it's 1 in 4 every month. Obviously you wouldn't know you had fertility problems unless you tried though.

Good luck if you are ttc, I actually enjoyed the whole process (apart from the obvious), the checking for ov, especially the peeing on sticks for some reason grin.

ChateauRouge Thu 25-Nov-10 19:33:51

I have twice, and DC 1 only took 3 tries too...

RoonilWazlib Thu 25-Nov-10 19:33:52

Three times. Had irregular cycle but knew my body really well and could say when I was ovulating.

upahill Thu 25-Nov-10 19:35:01

Yes and second time too. We left it at that! I was in my 30's and dh in his late 30's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now