Watch out for fake competition targetting mumsnetters

(6 Posts)
sheitani Tue 14-Jan-14 20:19:50

I received today an email purporting to offer the chance for mumsnetters to "test" the Blossom Hill Vie wine. Strange, because on mumsnet it clearly says that offer is now closed. Close examination of the various links in the mail show it's not coming from mumsnet or from blossom hill or from diageo but from a 3rd party who appears to be located in India! Luckily I didn't click on any of the links, but wanted to warn others to take care before responding to this type of offer. Who knows what will happen if you click on a link.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 14-Jan-14 20:27:41

Thank you thanks

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:24:45

Hi there sheitani - sorry this happened to you, sounds like you were right to be wary of that email. Do you still have it? If so, could forward it on to us at contactus@mumsnet.com so we can take a look?

TheBigBumTheory Wed 22-Jan-14 13:29:13

Thank you for posting

Why can't these people be caught and prosecuted? Surely it is illegal to try to scam people?

I had a call this morning from India telling me my computer was about to crash. I said it was fine and that in my opinion they were committing fraud and I hope they get caught for it. But I know the police will not be interested.

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 31-Jan-14 19:08:38

If it's the one I got it was from Blossom Hill and I got it as I have entered competitions with them in the past. I've forwarded it to you to check out KateSMumsnet.

AnneEllis Fri 14-Feb-14 14:28:16

Thanks for posting this!! It's so unfair when they do things like this. And sometimes its so difficult to tell what is real and what is spam

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now