Have you ever won a decent prize in a competition?

(130 Posts)
krisskross Wed 09-Feb-11 16:53:29

on MN, or elsewhere?

I occasionally have flurries of activity entering competitions and never won anything ever! Should i continue entering??

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 09-Feb-11 16:55:28

Which ones do you enter?

My friend is in a competition club and wins loads, I'm talking more than his annual income just in cash prizes.

Him and his partner do treat it like another job though.

And yes, we've had some wins too including a TV and a £1k guitar.

cakeywakey Wed 09-Feb-11 16:57:05

I won a pair of Monsters Inc slippers once. They were purple and blue monster feet - I thought that they were pretty decent at the time grin

travellingwilbury Wed 09-Feb-11 16:59:23

I won £1000 once in a hospital raffle grin

I go through phases of entering but if I haven't won anything within a week or two I get bored and give up .

krisskross Wed 09-Feb-11 16:59:37

slippers would do!!! I once got roped into buying National Trust raffle tickets and after hanbding over my fiver realised first prize was one of those sit on lawn mowers!!! We were in a two up two down terrace at time!

EngelbertFustianMcSlinkydog Wed 09-Feb-11 17:01:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

krisskross Wed 09-Feb-11 17:05:47

ooh engelbert you've encouraged me to carry on!

ruddynorah Wed 09-Feb-11 17:12:27

Yes I've won quite a lot on here. I always enter everything!

pugly Wed 09-Feb-11 17:12:53

Nothing on MN but loads on other competitions - Wii, TV, PS3, £1000, Luxury breaks etc.. as well as tons of small prizes

Keep going but you need to keep doing it, it's practically a full time job which is why I'm not doing it at the moment - no time!!

Teladi Wed 09-Feb-11 17:14:01

I just recently won £50 Amazon voucher in a competition on here. And I never win anything! I was so excited.

Wishing you luck with your competitive endeavours!

twirlymum Wed 09-Feb-11 17:14:50

I won £100 worth of Boots vouchers when DD was a baby. Very handy!

MaureenMLove Wed 09-Feb-11 17:16:08

Went to Zante for a week a few years back, thanks to MN!

izzybiz Wed 09-Feb-11 17:16:27

I won a £500 voucher at a charity ball, plus a night in a hotel.

We used the hotel night but the voucher is for Giftsandprizes.co.uk, its all framed memorabilia, I cant see anything I want on there!
Someone will have an interesting present for Christmas this year!

sharbie Wed 09-Feb-11 17:18:47

a few years ago i entered a couple and won a portable tv for a 20p raffle ticket, also a cd player when they first came out and ds won a cd player and the top 20 cds on a cbbc comp.
we hardly ever enter anything so i am going to try and enter some on mn this year.

IvaNighSpare Wed 09-Feb-11 18:08:42

well over a couple of years....
£6000, holidays to Los Angeles, Florida and Ibiza, luxury trip to London, trip on the Orient Express, £2000 H&M vouchers, two widescreen tellies, ice-cream makers, year's supply of smoothies and countless DVDs etc. That's just the big stuff!
I started with loquax and then graduated to the magazines here
cost a small amount in suscription and stamps (and RSI of the tongue from envelope licking) but paid back in dividends.

go for it!!

I won a 100 pound voucher code for the Kickers website, used it to buy 1 pair of school shoes and a backpack for ds1 and a pair of Kickers boots and a pair of sandals for ds2 grin thats all i have won since being a child...when i won a denver the dino teddy in a Nickelodeon comp!

flippinggorgeous Wed 09-Feb-11 19:27:53

I want to win the wine!

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 10-Feb-11 21:34:02

A honeymoon to the Dominican on Confetti.

OADCB Fri 11-Feb-11 16:51:26

A laptop on here! Am thinking of starting to enter more regularly

GabbyLoggon Fri 11-Feb-11 17:02:33

600 cans of beer and I am not a real drinker
cheers

LostArtOfKeepingASecret Fri 11-Feb-11 17:20:43

Not me, but my sister has won a car and loads of holidays. But she can't walk past a magazine without filling out the competitions.

I've won a hands free soap dispenser. Now everyone who comes to my house thinks I'm a neurotic fool.

piprabbit Fri 11-Feb-11 17:27:14

As a child I entered a newspaper competition to win tickets to see the new Popeye film at the cinema.
I got a a call to say I had won a prize - yeah!!
Then I had a call to say I had won a sunvisor - OK, not so good as tickets but I thought I'd get one of those hat things with a plasticky visor and as a 7yo was not unhappy.
When the prize arrived it was actually a sun visor for a car - the sort of thing that sticks to the top of the windscreen and says 'Kevin' and 'Sharon'...only this one said 'Popeye' and 'Olive Oyl'. I didn't drive and there was no way my dad was going to put the monstrosity in his car.

I haven't won anything since sad.

loonyrationalist Fri 11-Feb-11 17:35:12

I'd never ever won anything but won a kitchenaid in a MN comp grin . Still stands as my only success though

bitoffunsbumchum Fri 11-Feb-11 17:38:16

My dd's friend's dad won £100,000 on a spot the ball competition. Years ago. But I was so excited when I heard this!

ethelina Fri 11-Feb-11 17:40:36

£5 star letter prize in Bunty circa 1988 re how awful my school uniform was.

Nothing since then sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 15-Feb-11 19:10:01

grin at star letter in Bunty. How very MN.

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 15-Feb-11 19:12:36

I won a hamster cage on Swap Shop in 1981

CMOTdibbler Tue 15-Feb-11 19:16:14

I've won a few things on here - it's been really good smile. Am usually useless though

NonnoMum Tue 15-Feb-11 19:16:29

I've heard of a couple of big-ish lottery winners round here over the last few years.

But someone must will Millionaire Raffle every week (ever heard of them?) and the big MIllion on Premium bonds every month (ever heard of them)?

Own up - there's must be a v fortunate MNer somewhere out there??

Subway Tue 15-Feb-11 19:18:29

I won a short break last year on MN. I was chuffed to bits grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Feb-11 09:34:15

Oh, and I once won a box of Mars Bars. Yum.

turnipvontrapp Thu 03-Mar-11 22:31:43

Used to win quite a lot of things, went to the world cup final, a few holidays abroad, wine, money, years membership to v posh gym, a bike and lots of other things.

All pre-kids as don't have the time now sad

GentleOtter Thu 03-Mar-11 22:38:08

Not me but my dad won a 'wall of wine' just before my ds1 was born.
Given that my mum ran a teetotal house and the wine was rank, it did not stop my ancient Aunty Lily coming to 'wet the baby's head' and staying until most of the wall had been drunk. By her.

KevinMcKiddsThighs Mon 21-Mar-11 11:43:37

I won a vacuum cleaner on here. I still get a bit giddy when I use it!

I won a wok about 20 years ago. Not much since then although I do enter when I see them even the sudoku in the Independent. No joy though.

newbeemummy Tue 22-Mar-11 12:04:37

I won a box of vitamins many years ago when Blush magazine was still around.

WalterFlipsticks Tue 22-Mar-11 12:07:50

I never win anything where do people enter all these comps?
I did however once feature on Chris Moyles Car Park catchphrase and won an 'I Love Mum' cd just before mothers day! grin

Tigerbomb Sat 26-Mar-11 22:44:30

Last year I won a spa day at a posh hotel (I gave it to a friend) and then two weeks later won a weekend away at the Hilton in York (I kept that one).

I think I've had my quota now sad

UniS Sat 26-Mar-11 22:47:17

tickets to the Tennis masters on a web prize draw, that was a nice prize.

Assorted raffle prizes at quizs and fetes.

and just once- I won "guess teh weight of teh cake" It was very large but not terribly nice cake. lots of fondant icing and I have a very sweet tooth, so I ate most of it.

AlmightyCitrus Sat 26-Mar-11 22:58:19

I've won loads of stuff over the years. Quite a lot of money and loads of "stuff". I tend to avoid holiday competitions as it's difficult with 3 kids as they are usually for either 2 or 4 people. However, I entered one as I was hoping for one of the many runner-up prizes and won the main prize. A week in a very expensive, exotic 5 star hotel, flights and $2000 to spend.

Not a bad little hobby really!

Front row tickets and a 'meet and greet' with Will Young...stop looking at me like that blush...he's my guilty pleasure!

King of Kong DVD

An "In America" exclusive stills booklet signed (and sent personally to me) by Paddy Considine.

I'm still waiting on that big cash prize. <sigh>

StealthyKissBeartrayal Tue 12-Apr-11 13:10:12

I won £1000 on a radio phone in recently!

Jenjenw Thu 24-May-12 11:37:44

Of course. I increase my chances by entering as many as possible. Ive won books, pots and pans. 4 years ago I won £1000 smile

karen3w Mon 28-May-12 19:46:49

I won a dinner party on MN recently! I don't enter many competitions apart from on MN and never win anything, not even a tenner on the national lottery!

Bunnyjo Wed 06-Jun-12 21:37:43

Nearly posted on here on Thursday to say that, apart from £2 on a scratchcard, I've never won anything. But, I won the Smeg fridge on May's MN competition, which is a pretty awesome way to break my competition duck grin

My mum has won allsorts on scratchcards, the biggest being a £3000 holiday voucher for Thomas Cook, which she was allowed to add to. So 5 of us went to Cuba for 2 weeks, to a place we've been to a few times - twas bloody amazing!

chirpchirp Wed 01-Aug-12 22:06:57

Won a lot through Photobox's Facebook page including £3,000, 10 tickets to Alton towers, a kindle and loads of credit for their site for different photography comps. Never had any luck with just name in a hat type comps though.

lisad123 Wed 01-Aug-12 22:10:04

From MN I have won or Been given to try

Year of fairy liquid, months worth of cheese, £100 amazon voucher, £200 clothes voucher, bilbo game, camera, crisps.
Won local hamper at pet shop smile

I won drayton manor tix a few years ago on MN, had to give them away though because of something had come up and time was running out sad

Also won a Heinz baby hamper when youngest DS was a baby, can't remember where I entered from but was happy to receive that phone call!

caz456 Fri 07-Sep-12 12:23:32

I have been entering comps for about a year now and I have yet to win a thing. hmm

Cremolafoam Sat 15-Sep-12 00:57:29

In various comps
Yes I have won:
A years supply of crisps
£50 of Puresha toiletries
A mini cooper( paying for dds education as we sold it )
£100 amazon vouchers
£ 50 tesco vouchers
A cooker
grin

I never win anything but dh wins quite a bit on other sites. We've had a dvd player, luxury hotel break, dvds, food hampers etc, trip to Chicago (the city, not the musical!)

The best one was when he won a holiday to a private island in the Bahamas!!

StellaAndFries Sun 30-Sep-12 11:24:56

I won £100 in John Lewis vouchers on a feedback thread on here, I used them to buy a kindle which I love and use daily. I won £20 m&s vouchers at a Macmillan coffee morning on Friday, dd4 needs some new clothes so going to buy her an outfit when we next go into town.

Campari Wed 24-Oct-12 15:52:33

While working in Dubai I won a round of golf at Arabian Ranches....I was so excited, I couldn't wait to go!!

...sadly we had to fly home before DH ever got round to booking it angry

JollyJackOLantern Fri 26-Oct-12 18:40:14

My parents won a ford fiesta. And a week in a holiday cottage. And various other things. They are a bit jammy.

ButtonF1Fan Mon 29-Oct-12 13:36:52

My son entered a competition online and won us a holiday to universal florida, for all 4 of us!
My best prize was australia for 2 adults with daybreak tv.

EcoLady Fri 09-Nov-12 14:55:33

I go through phases of entering things. I won a portable DVD player and a film plus promotional goodies for it on here www.theprizefinder.com/competitions/kids-%2526-toys/

Puffin have nice book prizes www.puffin.co.uk/ We won a chance to meet an author but it was on a day that clashed with a holiday!

NG Kids are good too www.ngkids.co.uk/prize_planet/

Best prize ever was via a corporate contact though. DH and I got a trip to Sweden with a stay at the Ice Hotel!

JessLG Tue 20-Nov-12 15:54:37

I have won quite a lot of stuff and I don't enter all that often. The best things I've won included 5 nail polishes from Maybelline, a soft toy bear and a box of chocolates!

TennisFan42 Thu 22-Nov-12 06:58:58

I used to enter competitions regularly although for the last few years I've only entered the occasional one.
Prizes I've had:
- a digital camera
- tickets to Eastbourne tennis
- tickets to The Dice House in the west end
- 25 books which were the nominees for a book award (I think it was WH Smiths)
- Edinburgh Festival innovations competition - £100 of dvds/books (unfortunately of their choice not mine)
- The best prize I won was for a slogan competition for impulse fragrance. I won the top prize which was a weekend in a top london hotel, £150 to spend in the hotel’s restaurant (Asia de Cuba), tickets to see Chicago (with David Hasselhoff in it!) and £2,000 to spend with a personal shopper at Selfridges – those vouchers lasted me about 2 years!

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 22-Nov-12 07:06:14

A holiday to the Dominican with Thomas Cook smile

MsVelvet Thu 13-Dec-12 13:54:36

I once won a pink vespa moped from a bottle of vitel water, all i had to do was text the number and they rang me up. had to sell it when i was skint a couple of years after dd was born though smile

I won a three day Boot Camp at Champneys in July grin Took dd22 along and we had a fab time!

MrsMarigold Thu 13-Dec-12 14:18:53

I once won an international poetry competition when I was 12 - the irony is everyone had to write a poem on the environment for homework. The teacher selected the best one and submitted it to the competition. We were going out to dinner that night and I was ranting to my mother about how lame the whole thing was and she recorded my rant told me to write it down and submit it as my effort - I felt a bit funny when I won.

I haven't won anything else but judged a children's colouring competition in Africa - the prize was a bicycle and a donation of books to the school library. There were thousands of entries and it was very difficult to choose a winner. when I contacted the winner he was so delighted and it was amazing - I still get a tear in my eye thing of it.

MrsMarigold Thu 13-Dec-12 14:19:15

thinking!

MrsHoarder Sun 06-Jan-13 11:12:51

Nothing on here. Once won some mothering Sunday flowers for my DM from a local paper (tell us why your mum deserves flowers) and £50 for doing a feedback thingy after having my tyres changed

Doughnutmaestro Wed 22-May-13 20:52:11

Won tickets to the baby show last year, spent a small fortune and as ds was 18ish months and I'm rather fat everyone assumed I was pregnant with number 2, in the end I gave up correcting them but I was quietly sad
When I was young, Jurassic park was coming out at the cinema there was a competition in the local paper that was basically which of these isn't a dinosaur there was Tyrannosaurus rex, Brontosaurus and some silly made up one which was obviously fake, I wrote in and informed them in no uncertain terms that their competition was stupid, only the Trex was actually a dinosaur, they'd discovered that the brontosaurus never really existed www.omg-facts.com/Animals/The-Brontosaurus-NEVER-EXISTED/8152
They sent me a letter of apology and second prize of a lump of orange plastic with a fake fly in it, supposedly amber.

I was an insufferable know-all lol

HorseyGirl1 Sat 06-Jul-13 20:56:25

I have never won as much as a free bar of chocolate! 8-0 at all you lucky people. Maybe my big win is still to come - wonder what it will be? Dreams of new car.....

ouryve Sat 06-Jul-13 20:57:37

I've won loads on here and done some pretty high value product tests.

HorseyGirl1 Thu 11-Jul-13 14:51:55

I actually won a book for my little boy on here in the first comp. I ever entered on here! Can't believe it - sooo pleased and surprised! 8-)

bruffin Thu 11-Jul-13 15:08:44

When LBC was a local radio station i won a few tickets

A private viewing of Pirates of the Caribbean at a hotel. Free wine and nibbles beforehand and the cinema a huge leather armchair seats.

Tickets to see the premier of Starsky and Hutch in Leicester Square

Tickets to a see Michael Ball picnic concert

also one a Superplexus maze ball from a newspaper

louise88uk Thu 18-Jul-13 10:44:30

Yes, I won 4 X Nintendo 3DS consoles on a walkers competition smile
I've never won anything before this & to win 4 of them was a bonus.
Funnily enough I'd been to a xmas event where there was a palm reader and she told me I was going to win something in the next 4 weeks and I did!

I won £200 of love2shop vouchers on here. They came in handy for diy stuff as we are selling up and moving to Cornwall- 330 miles away!

deleted203 Sat 27-Jul-13 20:20:49

The only thing I've ever won was first prize in the raffle when the DCs were at nursery. And it was lovely!

A lady who made dolls houses had made a baker's shop - complete with tiny trays of jam tarts, sausage rolls, wedding cake, etc. (And the baker). We still have it and the DCs played and played with it!

deleted203 Sat 27-Jul-13 20:22:14

Oh - and DD1 won a bike in primary school! It was one of those 'Design a Road Safety Poster' things for all children in the County. She was chuffed to bits.

pattiesplum Wed 31-Jul-13 12:30:06

I have won a few. Sadly not big prizes but it is such a thrill to win even little things like books and make up.

EeTraceyluv Wed 31-Jul-13 12:41:46

Weekend at Champneys last year. Twas fabulous.

EeTraceyluv Wed 31-Jul-13 13:01:10

blimey didn't realise I'd already been on this thread!! Under another name and everything!

Spirael Wed 31-Jul-13 13:01:43

I rarely win anything, but if I do it's inevitably something I can't use! Such as tickets to events while I'm at work and can't book time off, or a haircut where we stayed on holiday the previous week at the other end of the country, or a large collection of books I already own.

It's become a bit of a running joke in my family now. wink Not that they mind, as they tend to benefit from the prizes!

Someday, I'd like to win something significant that I can actually keep for myself.

desichick007 Mon 12-Aug-13 12:38:40

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

desichick007 Mon 12-Aug-13 16:04:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Dafsareyellow Tue 20-Aug-13 14:27:05

No, after many years - never won a thing!

noisytoys Tue 20-Aug-13 14:32:19

I won a Dyson, £150 John Lewis vouchers and cinema tickets on here smile

manfalou Tue 20-Aug-13 14:51:48

Never won anything off MN but have won lots of other things like a Pink lining changing bag, £100 chiquito vouchers, £30 FB vouchers, Loads of kids books, A Monsters university kids play tent, 7 bottles of wine, £100 (cheque), ear planes, Car seat + other stuff ... Id love to win a family holiday. Thats the dream!

LynetteScavo Tue 20-Aug-13 14:57:40

I won the Victoria sponge cake competition at the school fayre last year [proud]

DS won a bike helmet recently.

DH won £60 on the lottery once. He bought 60 tickets, and won £10. grin

LazyMonkeyButler Tue 20-Aug-13 15:01:24

£65.00 for a line at bingo about 3 years ago. Does that count?

Never won a single thing from a competition though!

LazyMonkeyButler Tue 20-Aug-13 15:03:15

£65.00 for a line at bingo about 3 years ago. Does that count?

Never won a single thing from a competition though!

LazyMonkeyButler Tue 20-Aug-13 15:04:09

Sorry - I only pressed it once I swear! confused

AlexGG Thu 29-Aug-13 17:07:25

I've entered the people's operator ipad competition. They are giving away three iPads and five SIMS with £100 credit to eight lucky Mumsnetters.

And a free sim card with £10. Give it a go! smile

http://www.mumsnet.com/competitions/2013/september-2013/ipad-peoples-operator

givemeaboost Mon 23-Sep-13 23:06:54

£150 worth of designer sunglasses, 2 tickets to a festival, £160 on lotto - all within a month, oh and £120 worth tickets to theatre to see a childrens thing on here 10yrs ago, which I sold, as at that point I was financially on my knees and it helped me out a hole so I was so grateful and shocked when id won.

goldenretriever Sun 29-Sep-13 09:22:18

This year I have won a trip to New York and a week end break at a posh spa and lots of smaller prizes. I also redeemed a win from last year yesterday - zorbing for two!!! I love entering competitions in my spare time as it enhances my families' and my life.

yourcruisedirector Tue 01-Oct-13 13:04:16

I've won a few things over the years but never the things I was desperately excited to enter!

I won a cake in a school raffle when I was 10, but it was horrible. Then I won a book about Mutants from the Guardian and, quite excitingly, tickets to the media launch of the Coldplay X&Y gig to be part of the audience.

DH won a Macbook in his work raffle (they're billed abut £50 a year for raffle tickets EVERY year though!). We are painfully down on the lottery and I've never won a single thing on MN even though I enter everything which sounds like it will be relevant or fun.

Humbugxmas Sun 01-Dec-13 00:48:02

Won a coke key ring in 1977
Won a set of saucepans from Aga 10 years ago
Won a luxury safari - a week in Tanzania at a charity ball last month!!!!!!!!

We go in July!

maggie55 Mon 02-Dec-13 12:35:58

AUDNAY Wed 04-Dec-13 10:31:14

This week I have had £500 worth of wine from Morrys and I won a trip to Disney Paris with £500 spending, have won a couple of £500 in vouchers for Asda and Tesco. its fits and starts really, I think you have to work at it these days, as doing competitions gets quite a lot of write ups and more people start doing comps. Local comps are good for winning.

mindosa Wed 04-Dec-13 10:32:06

Won 10k on the Euromillions many moons ago

BlousyMumsyTwat Wed 04-Dec-13 10:33:57

A holiday to Australia! grin

Mignonette Wed 04-Dec-13 10:39:46

I won a month in a language lab in Lausanne aged 15 by giving a fifteen minute oral presentation in French.

That was cool. Learned the language of lurve fwink but not sure it improved my french any more....

I 'won' a Prada bag in a well known high fashion magazine give away once plus some Tom Ford bits and pieces. I just received a box full of culinary goodies from a US food blog. I used to enter the She magazine giveaways and 'won' loads of stuff from there. That dates me.

I rarely enter anything and don't do the lottery so my hit rate to date is pretty high.

AphraBane Wed 04-Dec-13 10:55:22

I don't win much because I hardly ever enter competitions. I dislike giving away my personal details more than necessary to companies that are probably going to sell the data or bombard me with advertising afterwards.

But once we went to an open day at a local university. It seems I entered a 'guess the number of coins in a jar' type competition - and then totally forgot about it. A month later i got an e-mail from an unknown person with a uni address saying 'you've won first prize of 100 euros, congratulations' - and I thought it was a joke or phishing. So I replied with a cautious 'what is this about please?' and the guy was REALLY offended that I'd dissed his precious competition. I was happy to get the dosh, though.

iseenodust Wed 04-Dec-13 11:02:19

Here on MN I won a subscription to the Scottish National Trust. Was happy as heading up there for a holiday but then discovered gets you into all English NT properties too so well chuffed.

I have a couple of questions on comps on programmes like This Morning etc. has anyone ever won with free entry online? Secondly, why do they ask for postcode? Do they use that to pick a winner?
I've not been very lucky, but I maybe just don't know where to look. I won an iPod at Uni. I've won some cleaning products on here too. I try to enter them all on here.
The cash prizes or a holiday would be amazing right now.

B3CKYxx Mon 09-Dec-13 19:07:56

helloo
I once won 'potty training pads' which where basically panty liners for kids confused I was entered automatically because I had membership with pushchair trader

Fletch049 Tue 17-Dec-13 10:40:38

i have never won a competition yet but always got my fingers crossed.

OMGIwonacar Tue 17-Dec-13 19:02:59

A car!!!

BertieBowtiesAreCool Tue 17-Dec-13 19:04:04

I won an iPod once for doing surveys. I didn't want it so I sold it on ebay and got £80 smile

lulalullabye Sun 29-Dec-13 21:01:18

I won the mumsnet Costa Rica competition a very long time ago, well it feels like it confused

billybear Tue 21-Jan-14 18:40:07

I recently won a mini I pad in our local radio station,great prize

lishyboo123 Tue 28-Jan-14 19:16:00

i won an ipad mini and £250 in john lewis vouchers. never thought id win anything. but so happy that i did. dont give up!

HomeEcoGnomist Tue 28-Jan-14 19:29:32

I've won an LK Bennett bag (through a work networking thing)

On MN - a visit to the Innocent AGM

most recently - at the scouts bonfire night raffle - dinner for 2 with wine at our local pub. DH was a bit disappointed that dinner literally meant the main meal, we had to pay for pudding.

Where are all these competitions with big holiday/cash prizes!?

Tinyminx Thu 30-Jan-14 21:39:35

In one year I won a Mitsubishi Shogun and a 2 wk holiday to Cyprus. It was a lifestyle I could become accustomed to! I've won £1500 on the lottery and countless other small prizes, from cinema tickets to electrical equipment to records to all sorts.
I like competitions. When people say they're not lucky I say you gotta be in it to win it. I've tried to get on tv shows, the one I did get on had no prize but was great just to be on....Stars in their Eyes!!

Doublemuvver Thu 30-Jan-14 21:43:43

A frozen chicken

Tinyminx Thu 30-Jan-14 21:47:05

And I've won two dab radios, a signed Rastamouse book (by the authors, not rastamouse lol), 5 Wings albums, a muppet ep, tickets to a ballet, a signed Damned 12", a year's supply of Aero, TV, DVD, a trolley dash round Morrisons, doc marten boots, jeans, vouchers....

allroadsleadtohome Fri 31-Jan-14 06:53:55

I've won a £100 giftcard for Asda and about five teddy bears but that's pretty much it.

lanbro Fri 31-Jan-14 06:57:14

A week for 2 in Gran Canaria, won in a raffle in a nightclub on my birthday years ago. My parents won a Mediterranean cruise in a raffle too!

elizadofuckall Sun 09-Feb-14 09:08:49

I won £250 of John Lewis vouchers on a MN competition last year smile

duchesse Sun 09-Feb-14 09:17:55

No. I've entered loads and never won a thing.

AnneEllis Fri 14-Feb-14 14:22:48

I have only just started entering competitions and was wondering if anyone had any tips for the best ones to enter?

WeAllHaveWings Fri 14-Feb-14 14:35:37

We won a 3+2+1 piece suite in 1994 worth about £2k then! Went in and ordered a suite and entered a competition in store and got a call to say we'd won and we'd be getting our suite for free!

(still have the 2 seater in the spare room)

Carriecakes Thu 20-Feb-14 22:17:23

I love comping!! But only yesterday I found out that my two children won the Phillips lighting competition where they had to design their own monster, and won a trip for four to DisneyLand Paris!!! We are so excited! I would never have been able to afford to take my four children anywhere this year without this! Luckily my eldest wants to stay with his nan and be near his girlfriend as Disneyland is a bit young for him now, but I can't wait to tell my daughter on her birthday what she has won! :-)

Doubtfuldaphne Wed 23-Apr-14 18:00:33

You will not believe what i've won since January - I don't know how it's happened. £500 shopping vouchers, perfume, aftershave, jewellery, make up, arcadia voucher, tickets to a show, hair products, an easter hamper from hotel chocolat, even pizza vouchers?! Would love a holiday or some money though..i'm still skint.

KikitheKitKat Wed 23-Apr-14 18:06:07

I used to win quite a few in the 80s (including 2 holidays) but they were the 'complete the slogan' type. You don't see them much now so I don't bother.

Cazzycakes Thu 24-Apr-14 21:39:47

I have won loads, but then I enter millions lol. Its all about how many times your name is in the hat! Best week I had I won £2000, an Ipad 3, a Lumix camera and a trip to Barcelona to watch the footy! My kids are following in my footsteps now and in feb they won with Phillips lighting a competition that was open all over the world! A trip to Disneyland Paris with £500 spending money! :-)

KippyVonKipperson Thu 24-Apr-14 21:53:04

For those of you who are professional compers, how many would you say you enter per day/week?

violetlights Thu 24-Apr-14 22:27:14

Ooooo... I won a huge travel competition five years ago - worth about £200,000. Luckily I've been able to share it with about family and friends... runs out this year... sad

magentastardust Fri 25-Apr-14 00:19:49

Ooh Violet lights how fab-where have you used your prize for?

I have won a few little prizes on twitter , make up, restaurant vouchers, signed books for ds. I don't even go on that often just happened to retweet a few things. Never won any MN prizes but have had some lovely things through the tester threads.

MrsRuffdiamond Fri 25-Apr-14 00:27:04

As a teenager, I won an album by The Who (The Who By Numbers) in an N.M.E. competition. I was pretty damn pleased at the time, I can tell you! grin

LackaDAISYcal Fri 25-Apr-14 00:44:06

I won a breadmaker for getting star letter in BBC Vegetarian Good Food Mag circa 1995 <proudest moment>

More recently a £100 John Lewis voucher here for completing a survey on asthma.

Have also had several books, two lots of cinema tickets, Karcher steam cleaner and George Foreman cookery day with free grill, face cream and hair stuff...but those were product trials rather than competitions

LackaDAISYcal Fri 25-Apr-14 00:46:38

obv the face cream and hair stuff were separate to the George Foreman thing grin

violetlights Sat 26-Apr-14 18:47:25

Ooooh magentastardust.... you've gotten me thinking! Been to about 20 different countries with it, favourites were the Maldives, Hawaii, Japan and New Zealand... smile And I've sent about 40 other people on small or biggish holidays.... I fear my popularity is going to take a nose-dive when they run out... grin

Jinty64 Tue 29-Apr-14 07:23:12

I've won £20 of mothercare vouchers, £70 on the lottery (4 numbers), a box of books, a book for ds3, £200 on the bingo (parkdean holiday), cinema tickets (for a cinema we don't have but gave them away) and £100. All these over the last £20 years. I would love to win a car!

Familyguyfan Tue 29-Apr-14 13:10:17

I won a full dinner set of my choice from a selection of 12. It was and is fabulous and I love it. I also won a toiletries set from confetti (was Ted Baker I think) and some Tilly and friends books from here which my dd adores. so thank you!

kacymac Wed 07-May-14 13:12:14

I have won a week holiday for 2 people to Tenerife.. Plus voucher for£150 which i got a pair of boots. I also won a great prize bundle; smart TV, iPad mini, 20 blue ray movies, blue ray player, £100 pound of shopping vouchers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now