Any other Commonwealth Games volunteers out there?

(14 Posts)
3nationsfamily Fri 04-Oct-13 14:10:34

Just wondering if anyone has heard the outcome of their interview yet? I have been interviewed for Sport Competition for Swimming where I have some specific experience in the sport already. With all the ticket details flying around this week, I am getting really excited about being there next July! I'm hoping to hear soon whether my interview has been successful or not.

notasausage Fri 04-Oct-13 21:00:20

Still waiting to hear if I've been picked for the First Aid team. Don't think my interview went that well so hoping my experience will carry me through - especially as I got none of the tickets I applied for.

Gemma103 Wed 20-Nov-13 16:22:37

Unfortunately I'm not volunteering as will have a new born by then smile but I am trying to help my sister (who is volunteering) sort out where she will be staying as she is hoping to be selected and currently can't find any hotels less than £250 per night...although to be fair she is a bit useless! I have suggested camping as I did it during the Olympics for 2 nights and I know the guys who organised it are doing it again (campingninja) and there were more volunteers there than anybody else...But she is a bit worried about camping for 10 days, have you come across anything else? Do you know anyone else who is camping, I think it looks fun? All ideas wellcome at this stage!

3nationsfamily Mon 25-Nov-13 11:56:38

Hi. I would suggest looking outside of Glasgow for accommodation. There are great transport links to places like Ayr and Prestwick which have various options at much more reasonable prices. Have a look at www.scotrail.co.uk for train maps and cast your net a bit wider than just Glasgow as there will be better options.

Gemma103 Thu 28-Nov-13 14:14:06

Thank you! We did have a look at places in Edinburgh and Stirling but she booked the camping in the end because it's closer and she spoke to other volunteers who were doing the same thing. I have to say the travel info isn't that useful, there isn't any info on extra trains and buses...I presume they will be running late like they did for the Olympics but who knows! If you get stuck have a look at www.campinginglasgow.com , good luck! x

notasausage Sat 07-Dec-13 22:15:14

Yay, I'm in! First aid at the SECC.

ChristmasJumperWearer Sat 07-Dec-13 22:16:28

envy

Wish I could have done it.

3nationsfamily Mon 09-Dec-13 07:24:13

I'm still waiting to hear the outcome of my interview in August sad

3nationsfamily Sat 14-Dec-13 22:44:57

I have just heard- I am going to be volunteering at the Swimming !! So thrilled.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 26-Mar-14 14:18:19

I'm in!! Got driving!!!! shockblush

AmIthatSpringy Sat 19-Apr-14 18:03:20

I'm bumping this thread to see if there are any other Clydesiders out there.

I have my first shift on 2 May. Getting my uniform next Saturday, am dead excited

leavesalmondoutofit Wed 28-May-14 23:32:11

I am in Spectator Services. on for the rehearsals of opening ceremony at Parkhead. Rugby Sevens at Ibrox. At Hampden Precinct so not sure where I am going yet, part of Synergy group (fill in the gaps, in services) could be cycling or marathon or they might let me loose in the car park grin. I am also on for the closing ceremony at Hampden Arena. Training last week in June. Looking forward to this

AmIthatSpringy Wed 04-Jun-14 22:27:23

Have you got your accreditation yet leaves ?

gettingridiculous Mon 16-Jun-14 22:34:54

All sounds exciting! How are things going for the Clydesiders - there must be a few more on MN surely? I didn't get a volunteering position unfortunately but interested to hear how it's all building up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now