How many tickets?

(63 Posts)
OldBeanbagz Tue 24-Sep-13 14:06:21

I've applied for opening ceremony, athletics and cycling.

If i get everything i requested it'll be a huge dent in my bank account and we'll be holidaying in Glasgow next Summer grin

But honestly what chance have i got of getting 100m finals?

Norem Mon 30-Sep-13 23:49:32

We applied for gymnastics,swimming and cycling and got nothing sad
We are in Glasgow and I really wanted to inspire the children.
Does anyone know if there is a second wave of tickets?

littlemonkeychops Tue 01-Oct-13 08:47:16

The website says they will be offering further tickets to those who took part in the first ballot in mid oct so there should be a chance of some more, not sure how many. It said they'd email more details in due course. Sorry you didn't get what you were after, fingers crossed.

nostringsattached Tue 01-Oct-13 14:58:58

I applied for heaps of events. On the thinking that there would be little chance of getting many tickets, so I tried my luck on all the ones I would love to go to, I got my email yesterday saying I got 21 tickets aaahhh! I am so glad to be able to go and take my little girl to the gymnastics event and I get to go to the track and field event aswell....but surely they should have limited a household amount so more people could go seems more fair to me.

Well done to all who managed to get tickets toosmile

prettybird Tue 01-Oct-13 15:39:03

I'm involved with a large youth cycling club in Glasgow through ds and not a single one of us has managed to get tickets to the Track Cycling sadsad

I applied for 2 sessions at the velodrome (going for expensive tickets to increase my chances). Now wish I'd gone for all the sessions despite the risk to my bank balance and that I'd applied on my dad's behalf in his own right (he's away at the moment, and hadn't got organised before leaving so just told me to include him in my own application).

I did also get tickets to the rugby and the hockey - but not the athletics (one of the heats sessions that ds picked out) or the swimming (again, a heats session).

At least we can get to see the Road Race for free. smile

ivykaty44 Tue 01-Oct-13 17:34:31

prettybird - did you see who won the senior sprints with Jess Varnish varnish last week - even though she is still a junior grin

I hope it doesn't end up liek the olympics with empty seats when plenty of bums would have happily fllled them sad

trixymalixy Tue 01-Oct-13 18:00:46

Nostringsattached if you're thinking of selling any of those then I'd be interested!

There was a woman on the train saying she'd ended up with more than she'd actually wanted. Such a stupid system!!!

MuseumOfHam Tue 01-Oct-13 18:25:46

Applied for 7 x athletics sessions, cheap seats, but even so if we'd got them all it would have been £££ and basically a stay at home holiday for us next year (in East Scotland, easy travel to Glasgow). Got 2 sessions! Delighted, as is DH who I've just told.

Gutted for my colleague who has a relative competing in the gymnastics and got nothing. Feeling pretty sorry for all those who have a genuine interest or involvement in a sport and got nothing.

brainwashed Wed 02-Oct-13 19:12:50

Applied for loads...only got rugby sevens which is a bit disappointing but glad to at least be part of it. I also applied to be a volunteer but it appears they don't want me for that either

3nationsfamily Thu 03-Oct-13 15:06:09

They have just announced the Next phase so anyone who lost out gets first dibs on what tickets are left. I think that like the Olympics there ill be people who only got one or two events and decide it isn't worth it to travel and will use the resale option in a few months time so there will be other tickets available. Not ideal for those who need to plan travel and accommodation in advance but still an option for more local fans.
After our Olympic experience (applied for loads of cheaper tickets and got only football in first round but perservered over the 12 months and ended up with a range of tickets) we took the view of going for only 2 tickets at a time, and the most expensive tickets for every session of our top events (Swimming) and then a range of others that were in less demand. We got 2 sessions of swimming, plus some badminton and one lot of athletics- overall about 1/3 of what we applied for. I have been interviewed to be a volunteer and am waiting to hear, so hopefully I will get to see a lot more behind the scenes.

ForalltheSaints Sat 26-Oct-13 12:13:24

I've got tickets for the last day of the athletics- relays etc

dbuk2000 Tue 07-Jan-14 20:56:31

I applied for loads but am dissapointed to get nothing

emma123456 Wed 15-Jan-14 23:03:52

Does anyone know how to return tickets? We have ended up with events more than a week apart and cant find accommodation wecan afford.

hulahoopsilove Thu 23-Jan-14 10:29:51

is it too late to buy tickets for this now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now