How many tickets?

(63 Posts)
OldBeanbagz Tue 24-Sep-13 14:06:21

I've applied for opening ceremony, athletics and cycling.

If i get everything i requested it'll be a huge dent in my bank account and we'll be holidaying in Glasgow next Summer grin

But honestly what chance have i got of getting 100m finals?

Noggie Mon 30-Sep-13 18:25:58

We got half the tickets we applied for so feeling ok about that. Live on Glasgow so would have been gutted if hadn't gotten anything!

Iamsanta Mon 30-Sep-13 18:29:38

I'm gutted!! Only got the velodrome...

Is it worth driving 10 hrs just for 2hrs?

indyandlara Mon 30-Sep-13 18:31:25

Got none after applying for 4 events. Pretty disappointing.

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 18:37:24

Iamsanta we're in the same boat, only got one rugby session, 7 hour drive/cost/annual leave etc, argh?!

Iamsanta Mon 30-Sep-13 18:49:09

What are you going to do littlemonkey ?

I feel sorry for everyone who haven't had any, surely there would have been a better way to share out equally...

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 19:06:33

I'm not sure santa, probably see how we feel nearer the time i guess. See if we can get any other tickets maybe. I guess nearer the time when they start hyping it all up we'll either want to be part of it or back out when faced with the travel/cost. Rugby was DH's choice really not mine, i wanted athletics/cycling. We'll have to see.

How about you?

Iamsanta Mon 30-Sep-13 20:38:52

It was meant to be our summer holiday and I was hoping to have 4 days at the games!

Our friend should be boxing up there and DH is gutted we haven't had any of the boxing tickets..grrr ( nc from above)

We are going to apply again next week and hope we get another day or two maybe, otherwise might wait nearer and hope we can buy some somewhere?

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 21:03:48

Ah i wondered where the poster with the relative had gone. That's a shame hope you manage to get some.

I wonder if they'll end up doing a resale of unwanted tickets like london, otherwise people who decide not to go (like we might) will mean empty seats.

trixymalixy Mon 30-Sep-13 21:04:28

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We didn't get any and we live in Glasgow. I just wanted to take the kids to something after they were so interested in the Olympics and we couldn't get tickets for that either. I quite honestly could cry.

It's so unfair that some people have got loads that they applied for and others absolutely nothing. Surely they could find a fairer way?

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 21:12:19

Oh trixy that's really crap :-(

Fingers crossed you get some when they sell what's left?

Did you apply for rugby? If we don't manage to get more tickets for anything we might not go (we're 7 hours away) so ours would be going spare?

trixymalixy Mon 30-Sep-13 21:20:30

Thanks littlemonkey.

I would definitely be interested although rugby's not really my thing! I just want to take the kids to something!!

I can practically see the mountain biking track from my house so feel particularly gutted about not getting tickets for that.

I'm just going to apply for anything and everything in the further sales assuming there will be some!

Iamsanta Mon 30-Sep-13 21:27:58

It seems so unfair they way the tickets have been allocated! Surely there could have been a fairer way.

Whojamaflip Mon 30-Sep-13 21:39:37

Nothing sad

So glad I hadn't told the dcs - they both compete in gymnastics at county and above and would have been absolutely gutted if they had known we had applied and got nothing sad

I was hoping to give them tickets for christmas.

fuck it I'm gutted sad

if you did get tickets then well done and enjoy!

trixymalixy Mon 30-Sep-13 21:41:00

I wish I'd applied for more now to increase our chances, but the thing is that if you get them all you are committed to buying them all! Itjust seems to favour those who are well off. There must be a better way.

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 21:41:08

No rugby isn't my top choice either, included it on our application as an extra for DH iyswim not as the main thing we wanted.

Fingers crossed you get something, with it happening in your home city it would be such a shame not to take part. Pm me your email and i'll let you know if we decide not to go.

I think the problem is it sounds fair to have an open ballot for each session, but people with loadsa cash could apply for dozens of sessions to see what they got, whereas most people had to limit themselves to a couple of sessions in case they got lucky with them all and had to pay a big bill!

trixymalixy Mon 30-Sep-13 21:45:03

Xpost!

I suppose there's always the marathon and the cycling road race which are free to all.

INeedSomeHelp Mon 30-Sep-13 21:50:22

I got two tickets for the closing ceremony. Wasn't going to bother applying but a woman at work persuaded me what a great opportunity it was. Feel a bit guilty now as she didn't get any.

ivykaty44 Mon 30-Sep-13 21:53:05

Iamsanta - two hours for ten hours drive is a bit much. I have tickets for the worlds next months but that is 10 hours worth for a three hour drive. I doubt I could bring myself to drive for 10 hours for the same cyclists on the track and only get a fifth of the time

tootssweet Mon 30-Sep-13 21:57:20

I'm quite excited because we got some tickets! It's only table-tennis which were my 'nobody'll probably want to see this so I'll give it a punt' choice. We didn't get the gymnastics which dd had set her heart on, but I might try on the returns.
Did have to go for budget choices though as didn't fancy having to commit £££ that we don't have. Have already booked spare room at mums & her babysitting services for dc2. Am excited to be going to something like this on my home turf (even though I have been away for a number of years now)

trixymalixy Mon 30-Sep-13 22:23:57

Well done toot! I would be excited too!! I think the table tennis will be quite good to watch.

Got squash tickets, going to it on a MN day out with netto and her dd

SaidFlorence Mon 30-Sep-13 22:33:35

Applied for loads, only got rugby sevens sad

lade Mon 30-Sep-13 22:35:03

We got our tickets for the gymnastics, but didn't get the diving or the mountain biking.

At least it will be worth the travel up to Scotland for our holiday.

Most of my friends who applied, also got at least something. I don't know anyone who got everything they applied for.

trixymalixy Mon 30-Sep-13 23:04:30

Yay, for everyone who got tickets!!

IsleOfRight Mon 30-Sep-13 23:06:09

I applied diving x 2, gymnastics x 2 and athletics and got the gymnastics and athletics. V pleased and going to have a Scottish holiday - Glasgow plus some countryside before or after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now