How many tickets?

(63 Posts)
OldBeanbagz Tue 24-Sep-13 14:06:21

I've applied for opening ceremony, athletics and cycling.

If i get everything i requested it'll be a huge dent in my bank account and we'll be holidaying in Glasgow next Summer grin

But honestly what chance have i got of getting 100m finals?

Noggie Tue 24-Sep-13 14:16:32

Think it will just be luck of the draw! We have put in for quite a few tickets and will be a bit shock if we get them all!! Def want to get to some though!

lade Tue 24-Sep-13 21:52:40

We've applied for:

Rhythmic gymnastics qualifiers
Rhythmic gymnastics individual finals

Artistic gymnastics qualifiers
Artistic gymnastics womens team final

Diving and Mountain biking.

we've applied for the most expensive ticket on all of them (s0 if we get them all, it'll cost us over £600), but as we live in South West England, if we go it'll be our holiday next year.

I doubt we'll get them all. Hope to get something though!

littlemonkeychops Wed 25-Sep-13 15:35:47

We applied for cycling, athletics and rugby (one set of each), and the 100m, but seeing as Usain Bolt won't be running it i'm not too fussed if we don't get them as it's in the evening (small DCs).

littlemonkeychops Wed 25-Sep-13 15:37:50

Lade we're in the south west too, long journey but so worth it. Hoping to get something, fingers crossed for next week!

Iwantacat Thu 26-Sep-13 20:02:25

Is Usain not running next year?

We've applied for the 100m final...really wanted to see Usain! sad

We've also applied for the boxing as one of our friends should be fighting. Applied for diving and velodrome too. £550 here if we receive tickets for everything.

Is it Monday we find out what tickets we've received?

littlemonkeychops Thu 26-Sep-13 20:08:20

Bolt was interviewed by bbc last week and said he'd probably only run one event, and his preferred choice would be 200m but it depends what his coach advises him.

Yes, should get an email between mon 3

littlemonkeychops Thu 26-Sep-13 20:12:09

Argh posted too soon! I meant should find out between mon 30th and 7th oct. I wanted to see Bolt too, let's hope he changes his mind!! I knew 200m was his favourite event and did half think when i applied whether to apply for those tickets instead!

Iwant that would be great to see someone you know compete!

Good luck everyone!

Iwantacat Thu 26-Sep-13 21:15:52

I will be gutted if Usain doesn't run...I have even planned the flag decorations with the DC ready. blush

Let's hope he changes his mind and decides to run just to keep us all happy! wink

Iamsanta Mon 30-Sep-13 07:50:03

Anyone had their email yet?

I hope we all get the tickets we want.

It's going to be a long week if I have to wait until Friday for my email!

We applied for rugby sevens, I hope we get them!

OldBeanbagz Mon 30-Sep-13 10:12:56

No email here yet sad

Got all my fingers crossed for cycling.

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 14:54:58

No email yet either, but their website says they're starting email this afternoon and everyone should hear in the next few days (i'm not obsessing, oh no!)

Yay! I got my Rugby Sevens ticketsgrin.
Email just came now.

MissRabbitRules Mon 30-Sep-13 15:26:09

We went for Opening ceremony, couple of athletics, rugby sevens, diving and cycling. Hopefully get something as we are close by (Edinburgh). Quite excited now!!

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 15:28:38

We only got rugby sevens :-( which would be fab to see, but as it's a seven hour drive at least it would have been our family hol, so not sure it will be worth it now :-(

Monkey, there are plenty of other things to do in and around Glasgow.

littlemonkeychops Mon 30-Sep-13 16:20:26

Yes i know, but there are a lot of places that aren't 7 hours drive away (and finding an affordable hotel etc as it'll be so busy around that time), it would be v.expensive for us. I was excited about making it a sort of one-off sod the money type thing. We did that for the paralympics because we were lucky to get tickets for several days, had we only got tickets to one event we wouldn't perhaps have gone (even though there is lots else to see in london) because of the cost of travel/accomodation. Sorry, didn't really explain in my earlier post properly.

Whojamaflip Mon 30-Sep-13 16:24:41

No email here yet either

Applied for artistic gymnastics - men's and women's qualifiers and finals but seeing as it was one of the most over subscribed sports, I'm not holding out much hope sad

dancemom Mon 30-Sep-13 16:26:48

I applied for gymnastics, swimming, athletics and lawn bowls! No email yet though... I live in Glasgow so no extra expense for me, contemplating letting home out for commonwealth period though, any takers? wink

MissRabbitRules Mon 30-Sep-13 16:47:57

Only rugby sevens tickets for us which is a little disappointing but better than nothing I suppose.

OldBeanbagz Mon 30-Sep-13 17:22:15

Nothing at all for us sad

I'M REALLY ANNOYED!

How are we supposed to inspire our a new generation when a boy who regularly competes in cycling and running is not even given the chance to see events.

Off to sulk now and no, i don't want to buy a f***ing t-shirt from the Official Merchandise store to make up for the fact that we haven't been allocated tickets!

booksandchoc Mon 30-Sep-13 17:25:37

We applied for swimming tickets or me and DSis, and boxing for DH and his friend. They got boxing and we didn't get any swimming tickets. Not happy, but saves us some money I guess. We are in central Scotland so Glasgow is quite close anyway.

We applied for 2 full days of athletics and just got the 2 morning sessions. Coming over from Northern Ireland so it is going to work out very expensive for only a few hours spectating and we won't even get to see any finals or medal ceremonies. Really disappointed.

poppyknot Mon 30-Sep-13 17:39:18

With you OldBB sad.

Haven't told our DD judoka yet....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now