This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Funky Bright Baby Clothes?

(45 Posts)
JillJill32 Wed 02-Dec-09 13:35:25

Does anyone know any brands that do funky bright coloured baby clothes that are NOT exclusively available pastel shades of blue, pink, white and yellow?

Specifically, I'm on the search for something cheery to buy for my new babe for the trip home from hospital, but generally I have an aversion to pink and am keen to find a good quality retailer that will do interesting good quality outfits over the years too.

grazzenger Thu 04-Aug-11 12:46:08

our local children's clothing shop uses the line "because childhood's too short for pastel shades". sums it up nicely! and they've a great scandinavian organic brand, maxomorra which has lots of baby grows, rompers etc. bright colours and scandinavian design but not the price of POP or others, especially in their sale at the moment.

Sara10000 Tue 13-Mar-12 08:53:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Sara10000 Sun 18-Mar-12 21:07:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

chri78 Mon 19-Mar-12 20:51:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Zoeylondon1980 Thu 19-Apr-12 22:15:35

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Apple05 Sat 21-Apr-12 08:58:07

Astralabe Sat 28-Apr-12 18:34:35

My auntie sends over clothes from the US which admittedly isn't much help but maybe you can get them on eBay? They are so funky and non girly.. I really love them. Hang on I'll go find the names.

Astralabe Sat 28-Apr-12 18:36:08

Carters... Gorgeous!

beaniesq Thu 30-Aug-12 18:35:31

Try www.spottyfroggybaby.com
It's ALL bright baby grows from newborn to 18months and boys and girls. Plus unisex stuff.

lighthousekeeping Thu 30-Aug-12 18:40:00

I've bought brand new Katvig baby grows on eBay recently and they are stunning.

BikeRunSki Thu 30-Aug-12 19:31:00

Molo
Online shops - IndiaCoco and Little Sunflowers, Boden
On high street - H&M, John Lewis, Next, Sainsbury's. All also do the pastel crap, buy good brights too.
Keep an eye on TKMaxx for Katvig too.
JojoMamanBebe, Boots

Wish Carters shipped to the UK!

lovepigeon Thu 30-Aug-12 19:49:25

I've been given presents of cute brightly coloured clothes from French relatives from a shop called Du Pareil au Meme:

www.dpam.com/

they deliver in UK and are not too pricey.

I have the same problem and have really struggled to find any clothes I like in England, the colours are just so dull and my DD looks lovely in bright colours.

millymae Thu 30-Aug-12 20:20:15

Have a look at the Love it Love it Love it web-site http://www.loveitloveitloveit.co.uk/
You'll definitely find something bright and cheerful here because it's all they stock. I've bought lots of things over the last 12 months and they've all arrived really quickly and washed well.

Shopaholic2012 Sun 16-Sep-12 21:46:35

I love Boden, and Joules although its a bit pricey.
Theres TotzShop they have a good website with good sales, plus e-bay is quite good for the odd bargain

ConfessionsofaMumpreneur Mon 11-Mar-13 23:06:49

Try www.KyNaboutique.co.uk, they have bright rompers with dinosaurs/ penguins etc on them . Also H&M do a great range of bright vests and Marks & Spencer have just started doing some brigt bits x

anniewhite82 Fri 28-Mar-14 16:27:50

Just came across this really cool brand. Very colourful trendy baby grows in organic cotton. Check it out
www.bright-baby.com

anniewhite82 Fri 28-Mar-14 16:28:59

Just came across this really cool brand. Very colourful trendy baby grows in organic cotton. Check it out
www.bright-baby.com

SeaNanners Fri 28-Mar-14 21:08:25

Try zulily its starts every morning at 6am if your up on a morning feed its ideal they do some amazing stuff not available on the highstreet at really low prices i got LO some classic rompers and stuff from there and it was so cheap yet the quality is amazing i tried polarn o pyret and they are way over rated and the fact their foreign makes me wonder why British mothers are so drawn to it £18 for a flipping cotton sleep suit no thanks lol even there sale items are overpriced you can buy the same stuff in next and mothercare

Runningtrainers Fri 28-Mar-14 21:10:28

Oilily... Brilliant quality too.

sbarclay1987 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:32:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now