This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

What a non-potty trained toddler shoudl wear on the beach?

(11 Posts)
Londonmamabychance Mon 11-Jul-16 13:25:15

Going on holiday to a hot country end August. My DD will be nearly two then, but still not potty trained, and don't see her being before we go. Going to spend quite a lot of time on a fairly busy beach, so wondering what to put her in. Wouldn't swim pants of the kind that keeps a swim nappy underneath (like this www.splashabout.com/baby-swim-kit-essentials-pack-pink-blossom/) be too warm and uncomfortable, especially once it got wet and would feel heavy? But if I put her in swim pants/suit with no nappy, she'll pee and poop in it...would keeping her naked and in factor 50 be okay? but then, how do you deal with 'accident's i.e. when she had to poop, wouldn't she then poop in the sea or sand and it'd be all gross for everyone else?

MaybeDoctor Mon 11-Jul-16 13:28:21

I think swim pants is the way to go - then pop her in a conventional nappy after her lunch/milk or the time when you know she is likely to go for a poo.

SoftSheen Mon 11-Jul-16 13:28:45

Swim nappy with a UV 50 suit or rash vest, and a hat.

BestZebbie Mon 11-Jul-16 13:31:41

We did swim nappy under swim nappy holder shorts. It was great in the sea. Then he did a week as we carried him back to the car and the nappies did nothing as they were wet from the sea and I got covered in wee....

Londonmamabychance Mon 11-Jul-16 13:33:54

Maybedoctor, when you say swim pants, what do you mean? Like "normal" swim pants with no nappy underneath?

Softsheen, see your idea, just have the swim nappy on in general so she can go and get wet, but no need for pants on top...and vest or suit good idea. Can you get yours to keep a hat on? grin

Lucked Mon 11-Jul-16 13:42:59

Remember swim nappies only contain poo, don't absorb pee so change into normal nappy if going in car seat or buggy

EightNoineTen Mon 11-Jul-16 13:45:50

Dd wears something like this: www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/flypage/29085/swim-nappies?gclid=Cj0KEQjwh428BRCnvcyI-5nqjY4BEiQAijebwh2YbeF_Tg5UHZBacr910aewyTtiwsPUa1xkEDSJnh4aAgUR8P8HAQ

MaybeDoctor Mon 25-Jul-16 19:06:24

Something like a Splashabout Happy Nappy?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 25-Jul-16 19:10:41

You can buy swim pants in supermarkets OP - "Little Swimmers" I think they're called. Like a nappy but they don't absorb water.

I would use those with a sunsuit over.

Xmasbaby11 Mon 25-Jul-16 19:12:46

Swimming nappy with whatever over it. I've always done this with mine.

NuzzleandScratch Mon 25-Jul-16 19:12:46

I would just put her in a normal nappy under whatever swimming costume you want her to wear, then just put her in a swim nappy if she's actually going to be in the water or whatever. As others have said, swim nappies don't actually absorb anything, they just keep poo contained, so essentially after any length of time in one, she'll be soaked in wee. Obviously a normal nappy will get very heavy if she does get it wet, say in a rock pool or something. It is a tricky one, when they're mobile but not quite ready for potty training!

The all in one type swimming outfits are great for keeping them covered from the sun, or the type that are long sleeved top & trousers (in swimming costume type material).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now