This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Long baby clothes

(5 Posts)
0Nix0 Thu 02-Jun-16 10:43:05

Hi,
I'm after some advice on clothing brands which have a longer, thinner fit.
My little man is coming up to 3weeks old on Saturday and is 10lb.
He has been currently wearing up to 1month size clothes (particularly Next sleep suits).
We are increasingly finding that they are just too short but have masses of fabric width wise - I have had to cut open the toes to generate the extra length and foot space!
When I try putting him in the next size up he disappears down the neck hole because they are so baggy in terms of width.

I have been found that putting him in separate baby grows and trousers can help slightly but still struggle on torso length even if ignore how much of the arms and legs are sticking out of the end of the clothes!
So can anyone recommend a brand of clothing which does a longer fit or other solutions!
Thank you
Nix

MollyAmelia2015 Fri 03-Jun-16 00:48:56

I bought some lovely grows for my daughter which were footless, just use to put socks on to keep her toes warm, as she was a very long baby, or get some baby leggings and use socks, primark may have some and asda x

Namelessbabe Fri 03-Jun-16 00:50:04

Tesco sleepsuits etc fit long and narrow in my experience.

randomsabreuse Thu 22-Sep-16 12:58:57

Vest extenders from somewhere like the Nappy Lady give vests a better chance!

Diddlydokey Thu 22-Sep-16 13:00:35

Petite bateau - TK Maxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now