This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Sandals that rub

(3 Posts)
PattyPenguin Sat 02-Apr-16 16:29:41

I have a pile of sandals that I've bought over the years. Flat, comfy soles, real leather, intended for shopping and sightseeing on holiday, but... the edges of the straps rub the skin on my feet into blisters if I walk more than a couple of hundred yards.

I've tried putting plasters on the parts that get rubbed, but the straps rub them off and then proceed to chew up the skin.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to stop them rubbing?

MattDillonsPants Sun 03-Apr-16 02:16:34

Are you buying the right size? It's always best to buy shoes at the end of the day when you're feet are at their largest.

If you think they are the right size, you can try softening the inside areas which rub by rubbing a slightly soft bar of soap or some vaseline on the area. Boots sell moleskin strips which you can stick to the areas of the shoes which rub...they're soft and make it impossible for the spot to be painful.

PattyPenguin Sun 03-Apr-16 13:12:06

Thanks, Matt. I'm wondering whether they're too big rather than too small, as the straps may be moving and therefore rubbing. Moleskin strips might be the answer, making the sandals a bit tighter so they don't move so much and protecting the skin if they do move at all.

(Adds moleskin strips to shopping list.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now