This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

fashionable Nursing dresses

(11 Posts)
mummy2oneboy Thu 31-Mar-16 09:02:48

I have got a wedding to go to this summer and want to try and find a dress I can breastfeed in which isn't maternity and is fashionable. So many of the nursing dresses available are frumpy, maternity and mumsy. If you know of any uk shops online where I can look would be most grateful.

dinkystinky Thu 31-Mar-16 09:08:20

Try babeswithbabies.co.uk - terrible name but quite liked their breastfeeding dresses

Philoslothy Thu 31-Mar-16 09:11:51

There is a Facebook group called something like "can I breastfeed in if?". Lots of good ideas

adagio Thu 31-Mar-16 09:12:40

Also look for any dress with a wrap style front or buttons which do up - think less about nursing more about boob access!
And make sure you have a co ordinating scarf if you want a bit of coverage during feeding (I am on DD no 2 now and never found any nursing clothes which looked great, as even the nicer ones tend to be double up maternity and nursing so the cut isn't great)

geekaMaxima Thu 31-Mar-16 09:25:47

It depends on your usual style, really - what kind of dress would you wear if bf wasn't a consideration?

Boob design and Milk Chic have a better range of styles than most and might give some ideas.

Or you could go for a normal (non-bf) stretchy wrap dress that you can pull aside for feeding. I never managed to make that work in reality but some people do.

geekaMaxima Thu 31-Mar-16 09:34:11

Babeswithbabies closed down last year, by the way sad

A real shame because they had good stuff.

dinkystinky Thu 31-Mar-16 12:44:01

Ah that's a shame geekaMaxima - though it shows my youngest is 2!

loosechange Thu 31-Mar-16 12:46:17

Seraphine had some dresses that sound suitable earlier this year. Worth having a look.

mummy2oneboy Fri 01-Apr-16 07:20:15

Thank you for your ideas I will take a look smile

Bloomingals Wed 29-Jun-16 20:38:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dlwelly Wed 29-Jun-16 20:44:18

Try searching 'open front' on your usual sites for anything that will button or lace up at the front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now