This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Kickers are really shit, aren't they?

(6 Posts)
dannydyerismydad Tue 16-Feb-16 14:09:33

DS has really awkward feet. Wide and with an incredibly high instep. Never been able to wear Clarks shoes, usually fine in Start Rite. He also has tiny feet (7.5).

He started school in September, and we bought him a pair of Kickers as it was the only thing in stock that fitted him. £45 a pair.

The stitching is unraveling, the lining is worn away inside and the soles are wearing thin at the toes. Because of the daft external stitching they leak when walking on a damp pavement and fill with water it the whiff of a puddle.

DS has slow growing feet, but his old start rites could last 9 months before getting in this kind of state.

BikeRunSki Tue 16-Feb-16 14:19:36

I agree. They look cute, but both my DC wore through the toes - all the way through - and I've never bought another pair.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 16-Feb-16 14:22:22

I'm. quite impressed with Dds kickers. they are much sturdier and more weather proof than the start rites.

dd2 is pretty tough on her shoes and.

dannydyerismydad Tue 16-Feb-16 14:22:32

Yep. They look so deceptively sturdy. I don't think a less practical item of footwear has entered our house (and I own a pair of Louboutins).

dannydyerismydad Tue 16-Feb-16 14:24:31

They've leaked since they were about 2 weeks old. I wish I'd bloody taken them back, but it took me a while to work out it was a leak rather than sweat.

shutupandshop Tue 16-Feb-16 14:27:51

Yep. I bought dd a pair when she started school be ause they looked cute and hardwearing. The fell apart rapidly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now