This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Newborn in summer

(9 Posts)
gizmosmama Thu 02-Jul-15 22:52:18

Stupid question but what do you dress a newborn in in summer? My 1st was born in February when it was freezing. I'm due my 2nd in August and hoping it's just my hormones that are making me stupid but I can't seem to work out what clothes we'll need!

MarinaCoyle Thu 02-Jul-15 22:57:06

Mine was born in a freakishly hot spring and I went for little short onesies (short sleeves and legs) with socks, and cotton babygrows minus vests mainly. You can always layer up with a vest or a cardigan if needed.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 02-Jul-15 23:01:58

My newborn is in a vest or a romper at the moment. We layer up as it gets cooler or cover with a muslin or thin cellular blanket.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 02-Jul-15 23:03:28

My newborn is in a vest or a romper at the moment. We layer up as it gets cooler or cover with a muslin or thin cellular blanket.

Stars66 Thu 02-Jul-15 23:07:59

Dd was born in a heatwave 3 years ago, she just wore vests a lot when it was really sticky. General rule is one more layer than you unless you are my freakish oh who only wears tshirts all year round oh and big Nono to hats indoors!

thedevilinside Fri 03-Jul-15 00:21:16

DS was born in the heatwave of 2006 and the midwife insisted we dressed him in a nappy only.

avocadotoast Fri 03-Jul-15 00:30:39

DD is 5 weeks old and has spent the past few days in a vest and leggings/shorts if we're outside (sun cover as appropriate - she's mainly been in car or sling), or just vest or just nappy at home. Last night she slept in just a nappy with cellular blanket; tonight she's in a sleeveless vest and blanket. I've got a pair of leggings on hand in case she feels cold when she wakes to feed.

crazytyke Fri 03-Jul-15 18:32:50

Those short sleeve & leg romper suits - you see them in the shops in march and think no way will a baby be warm enough in that, then weeks like today that's all they wear!

purplemurple1 Fri 03-Jul-15 18:37:19

Our newborn 2,summers ago just had a nappy and a cellular blanket if needed when sleeping.
Dc2 on the other hand is 6 months this summer and needs a vest or baby grow as she feels the cold more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now