This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

To ask where you buy your DD's clothes?

(68 Posts)
Serendipity30 Sat 10-May-14 21:44:55

My DD is 9 and i find it hard to buy clothes that dont look too old for her are also not too short.My DD is tall for her age and has a sporty build so some clothes just do not fit correctly.

Lee727 Tue 27-May-14 19:45:49

Buy specialy tailored stuff that's what I do

Serendipity30 Sat 17-May-14 20:32:16

yes i do like Boden, sizing is good and it does wear well

Purpleroxy Sun 11-May-14 11:30:06

Boden. Think the quality makes it worth it as will never wear out, washes well Etc so you don't need many clothes.

Had leggings from asda which the dye came out of onto my dds legs (they had been washed and tumbled properly beforehand). Had some tops from sainsburys where the logo got scruffy after only a few washes. Find M&S garish or too much black/pink and have had shrinking stuff from next.

I have found buying the basic stuff from boden when there are decent codes more cost effective than buying cheaper clothes. Her boden stuff gets worn and washed hundreds or times and still is nice enough to hand down.

Skivvywoman Sun 11-May-14 10:10:27

Next,river island,tesco and was in morrisons the other day and they had some lovely stuff

KenAdams Sun 11-May-14 10:02:36

Next and Monsoon. Love Monsoon, their stuff lasts really well.

Thenapoleonofcrime Sun 11-May-14 09:57:54

I have also just picked up some canvas trainers for my dd in Lidl. Wouldn't work if you were into brands, but she isn't aged 10. They are much nicer than the cheap clothes/shoes elsewhere, plastic shoes being my pet hate.

WandaDoff Sun 11-May-14 09:54:45

Ebay mainly these days & supermarkets.

I buy a lot of stuff from Lidl for her too. We have to pass one on the way to school so go in often.
They are great for basics, like plain tshirts & jeans & coats.
The quality seems to be pretty good & its not all pink smile

harriet247 Sun 11-May-14 09:48:25

Next, gap, asda for basics, jojo maman and disney store

Dramatic Sun 11-May-14 09:43:17

My dd's are all fairly small and wearing clothes for the age below them. I love H &M, peacocks have some lovely stuff in at the minute too. Tesco and sainsburys are good but I dislike most of the older girls clothes in Asda.

Skina Sun 11-May-14 09:17:55

H&M, Mini Boden, charity shop, TK Maxx, odd bit from Primark, Benetton (sale), Zara. She's 5, but in age 7-10 depending on shop as she's tall.

AuntieUrsula Sun 11-May-14 09:12:46

YANBU - this is an issue that regularly causes us headaches! It seems as though when your DDs get to about 6 they're expected to wear teen fashion, and it's not always suitable.

My twin DDs have just turned 10. They are both very tall but one is thin and one is not; we find Gap is often good especially for bottoms, and we also have bits from Johnnie B, Fat Face and Land's End (especially for my chunkier DD). They neither of them like wearing trousers with adjustable waistbands because they claim the buttons rub, so tend to slob around in leggings and jogging bottoms. At least in summer they can get away with bottoms that are too short as they just pass as crops!

Asda often have the odd nice bit too and in a good range of sizes, but the selection at our local one is small, particularly as DDs won't wear stuff with 1D or cute puppies plastered all over. Recently we've found outdoor shops are a good source, particularly for tops, but can be pricey.

DDs used to have a lot of H&M stuff when they were little but haven't been there for ages - clearly must get down there again!

needaholidaynow Sun 11-May-14 09:02:36

I don't have a DD but my DP does, and we buy her clothes from Asda mostly just like we do with the boys. Some really nice stuff in there.

gordyslovesheep Sun 11-May-14 09:01:52

I have girls aged 5,9 and 12 - we tend to use Asda, Sainsbury's, Next, River Island, H+M, New Look and Marks

12 year old is tall and skinny so we have to buy things with adjustable waists - which gets harder the older she gets

MsAspreyDiamonds Sun 11-May-14 08:58:52

Sainsburys, Tescos & Gap. Tbh I dont buy many clothes as they receive a lot of clothing kids.

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sun 11-May-14 08:55:21

Asda and sainsburys fit dd well

ChippyMinton Sun 11-May-14 08:53:22

Tu at Sainsbury is great, especially in the bigger stores, but stock changes frequently so its worth looking often and buy anything you like straightaway.

George has the odd gem - DD found a fab jumpsuit yesterday, very bodenesque navy with white stars.

Tesco not great ATM.

Gap ok in the sale but a bit dull.

H&M again is a mixed bag, better for boys IMO.

BHS sometimes has nice stuff.

Boden for stuff that's going to be worn and worn - hoodies, jeans, shorts.

missmagnum Sun 11-May-14 08:51:13

Tammy in bhs is sometimes worth a look. Think it's age 8-14.

Marylou2 Sun 11-May-14 08:47:25

Forgot Uniqlo.They are fab for basics and great hoodies.

Marylou2 Sun 11-May-14 08:46:06

Boden for mini and Johnnie B.Also Forever 21 although I don't know how many stores do children's clothes.Liverpool do and the staff were lovely and helpful.

Eastpoint Sun 11-May-14 08:43:33

I think the h&m clothes are good, I view the sizes as a clue to height rather than age as so many parents don't seem to know how tall their children are. My dds are slight & find their leggings are a good fit as are the tops. Zara is cut, in our experience for curvier bottoms, we've never had any luck with Zara trousers, jeans, shorts or even skirts. The h&m 9-15 sports wear is also good. Zara bikinis are very pretty but fit my dds so might be too skimpy a cut for a 10 year old.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sun 11-May-14 08:40:38

DD is aged 6 and wears 8-9 and I get her clothes from H&M, Asda, Primark and Tesco. MIL buys the DC stuff from M&S so there's a bit of that too. Don't like Sainsbury's stuff though. The boys stuff is fine but the girls is so boring!

VenusWineTrap Sun 11-May-14 08:40:08

My DD's only 3 but I get most of her stuff from Matalan & their kids range goes up in 3 different sections up to age 16. They've got lovely stuff there at the moment.

chicaguapa Sun 11-May-14 08:32:30

Has anyone mentioned New Look? Their 915 range is good for preteens. Great hoodies which wash and wear really well. I've been very pleased with the quality.

Their adult range also starts at size 6 so I often pick up bits from there too.

Runwayqueen Sun 11-May-14 02:14:21

My tall 3.11 dd is in 5/6 clothes so we tend but h&m or next for her. Sainsburys if we're using a supermarket

NickiFury Sun 11-May-14 02:09:34

Worn not work, she's 7, she doesn't go to work yet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now