This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

To ask where you buy your DD's clothes?

(68 Posts)
Serendipity30 Sat 10-May-14 21:44:55

My DD is 9 and i find it hard to buy clothes that dont look too old for her are also not too short.My DD is tall for her age and has a sporty build so some clothes just do not fit correctly.

Zingy123 Sat 10-May-14 22:26:42

Debenhams, Primarni, H&M, Tesco, Asda.

Fram Sat 10-May-14 22:31:44

Boden and H&M. Have you tried buying the boys' jeans/trousers in H&M? They're cut bigger, and are usually in bright/pastel colours anyway.
My DD is pretty skinny (always have to have adjustable waist) but she cannot fit into H&M jeans. They're ridiculous!
Gap are sometimes good, depends season to season. They have an upto75% sale on atm...
John Lewis have some nice things too... but they are v small, we usually have to go up 2 years, as DD is tall.
Sainsburys very good for basics- wash really well, with very little fade/bobbling, and they have 25% off clothing fairly frequently.

TKMaxx is great too, but it can be a bit jumble saley for childrenswear, sometimes v good. US brands probably v good fit-wise for a sporty body type.

SuperSaint Sat 10-May-14 22:58:57

MY DD is nearly 11 and almost her entire wardrobe at the moment is from H&M.

She likes wearing leggings and dresses and I have just bought a couple of nice vest tops as well.

She hates wearing jeans so I can't comment on the H&M sizes but some of their other sizes are a bit odd. DD is slim with a completely flat chest and sometimes she has 10-12, in other styles it is 12-14.

I just bought her this dress in blue aged 12-14 and it fits her perfectly

I can't imagine it fitting any 12-14 year old who has any sort of bust as there is not much growing room in there!

moldingsunbeams Sat 10-May-14 23:11:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Endymion Sat 10-May-14 23:13:03

Zara. Suit the taller child.

Endymion Sat 10-May-14 23:15:11

Dd is nearly 11. She's tallish but not skinny.

She wears 11-12 zara bottoms. Sometimes 13-14.

They tend to have adjustable waists. I think!

moldingsunbeams Sat 10-May-14 23:15:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Endymion Sat 10-May-14 23:18:11

Not especially. Dd got some leggings today that were £7.99. They do a reasonable basics range.

I like it because they're quite funky and not wall to wall pink. Some of the clothes are too bright though!

The clothes wash quite well (although not as well as johnnie b, but cheaper). Generally no to tumble drying.

Summerwood1 Sat 10-May-14 23:23:20

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 10-May-14 23:24:20

H&M they seem to have the pre teen thing nailed

mandy214 Sat 10-May-14 23:24:43

George is really poor quality imo. Of the supermarkets, TU at Sainsburys is miles ahead of the others.

9yr old DD wears TU and Boden (leggings and Tshirts) and M&S.

mandy214 Sat 10-May-14 23:25:01

George is really poor quality imo. Of the supermarkets, TU at Sainsburys is miles ahead of the others.

9yr old DD wears TU and Boden (leggings and Tshirts) and M&S.

Babyroobs Sat 10-May-14 23:42:14

Mini Boden sales , and via Ebay. Also Johnnie B, they have a lot of stuff in the sales greatly reduced.

OddBoots Sat 10-May-14 23:46:15

We get a fair bit from Sports Direct online (I can never find/reach stuff in store). Other than that H&M, M&Co, Matalan and New Look, selecting carefully to get the suitable stuff.

pricklyPea Sat 10-May-14 23:52:19

Is this aibu? Or is it style and beauty? I just can't tell anymore.

NickiFury Sat 10-May-14 23:59:12

Gap - best, quality wise, wash and wear and still looks great.

H&M - pretty, not such great quality, looks tatty quite quickly.

George - the odd absolute gem but you must wade through a lot of crap.

Polarn O Pyret - amazing quality, dd has work coats and dresses from there for months and I have still made two thirds back on EBay

Manteray - Debenhams, lovely quality again and some really pretty stuff.

AgentZigzag Sun 11-May-14 00:26:57

Thanks for the pointer to H&M just about everyone on the thread I've never been in but they've got some nice clothes that aren't that expensive online.

Peacocks are online too

fatlazymummy Sun 11-May-14 02:08:32

Asda, tesco, peacocks, primark, sainsburys.

NickiFury Sun 11-May-14 02:09:34

Worn not work, she's 7, she doesn't go to work yet smile

Runwayqueen Sun 11-May-14 02:14:21

My tall 3.11 dd is in 5/6 clothes so we tend but h&m or next for her. Sainsburys if we're using a supermarket

chicaguapa Sun 11-May-14 08:32:30

Has anyone mentioned New Look? Their 915 range is good for preteens. Great hoodies which wash and wear really well. I've been very pleased with the quality.

Their adult range also starts at size 6 so I often pick up bits from there too.

VenusWineTrap Sun 11-May-14 08:40:08

My DD's only 3 but I get most of her stuff from Matalan & their kids range goes up in 3 different sections up to age 16. They've got lovely stuff there at the moment.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sun 11-May-14 08:40:38

DD is aged 6 and wears 8-9 and I get her clothes from H&M, Asda, Primark and Tesco. MIL buys the DC stuff from M&S so there's a bit of that too. Don't like Sainsbury's stuff though. The boys stuff is fine but the girls is so boring!

Eastpoint Sun 11-May-14 08:43:33

I think the h&m clothes are good, I view the sizes as a clue to height rather than age as so many parents don't seem to know how tall their children are. My dds are slight & find their leggings are a good fit as are the tops. Zara is cut, in our experience for curvier bottoms, we've never had any luck with Zara trousers, jeans, shorts or even skirts. The h&m 9-15 sports wear is also good. Zara bikinis are very pretty but fit my dds so might be too skimpy a cut for a 10 year old.

Marylou2 Sun 11-May-14 08:46:06

Boden for mini and Johnnie B.Also Forever 21 although I don't know how many stores do children's clothes.Liverpool do and the staff were lovely and helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now