Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Boys winter boots/wellies

(14 Posts)
floatyflo Mon 23-Sep-13 20:27:47

Help me find some!

I want good quality, waterproof, well-fitted, will survive all manner of rain and snow Wellingtons/boots.

I await your fab suggestions!

dyslexicdespot Tue 24-Sep-13 13:50:13

Weeklies should not be worn in snow. They will not keep your DS feet warm.

floatyflo Tue 24-Sep-13 13:52:38

Thanks for that ever so helpful suggestion!

dyslexicdespot Tue 24-Sep-13 13:57:18

My pleasure!

SweepTheHalls Tue 24-Sep-13 14:01:03

I've just bought both my boys snow boots off of eBay, loads on there and including postage less than £10a pair, result!

floatyflo Tue 24-Sep-13 14:01:27

hmm

floatyflo Tue 24-Sep-13 14:02:59

Thank you Sweepthehalls, shall have a browse on eBay now smile

I got my DS a pair of Hatley ones which seem cute but durable. They were £12.50 but that was half price shock. Clarks do some for £15 which are probably quite good.

nextphase Tue 24-Sep-13 14:06:53

wellies are never well fitted, imo.
Maybe that 'casue I buy the cheepest I can in shoe zone, shoes R us, cheepo shoes etc.

I then get really thick welly socks, and get them to fit that way.
Never had a problem with surviving snoe etc, and my 2 would wear wellys all day everyday given a chance.

If your after lots of walking, I'd go for boots tho. How old are the boys? I wear goretex walking boots in the snow - great grip, thick socks to keep my toes warm, and good fit.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 24-Sep-13 14:12:20

I buy the jojo maman bebe snow boots for DS1 every year. They are fab. Waterproof and warm. They sell out though when there is snow forecast, so get in early!

SmokedMackerel Tue 24-Sep-13 14:15:23

Try lidl or aldi for fleecey lined wellies. I got some last year and they were excellent. I think they might have them in this week, (not totally sure though). Had proper snow boots too, but the wellies were fine for sub zero temperatures, they have aluminium in the insole to reflect the cold away, or something.

KatoPotato Tue 24-Sep-13 14:17:19

Wish I could order some Jojo ones, but I just cant predict what size DS's feet will be!!!

tiredteddy Tue 24-Sep-13 14:20:38

I just ordered some nice MOLO snow boots from amazon think about £15/17.

Some nice looking boys snowboots in Next online sale for a tenner. I was going to buy them but figured current wellies and thick socks will suffice. <Phones social services on self>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now