This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

gloves for DD to wear while playing rugby

(5 Posts)
mymblenymble Wed 18-Sep-13 17:32:13

DD has started playing rugby, and it will carry on through the winter. She gets cold, and we've got her thermal long underwear to have on underneath her kit, but I wonder about her hands - are there any kind of gloves that children wear while playing sport outdoors in winter? Thanks!

kaumana Wed 18-Sep-13 17:51:46

When you say thermal underwear do you mean base layers ?As thermal underwear really isn't suitable.

You can buy fingerless sports gloves but a lot of kids don't like them as they don't feel as they are having proper contact with the ball.

Is she playing touch or full contact? Good to hear more females are taking up the sport.

lljkk Wed 18-Sep-13 17:52:51

There are special rugby gloves, does your club not sell in kid sizes?

mymblenymble Thu 19-Sep-13 13:49:23

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone and the link Squirted. Yes, I did mean base layer. It's only touch rugby as she's just in Y1. She has always been very keen on rugby, I think it's great and I'm hoping that she will carry on. It's a nice club with a proper girls team if she does. Right now her class is mixed boys and girls. I'll ask the club about whether they sell gloves in her size, hadn't thought of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now