This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Where can I buy cool looking but not bad for feet shoes for toddler??

(23 Posts)
PP2291 Tue 10-Sep-13 18:20:04

Someone bought my DS some super cool Vans trainers which he wore for a while. But when I went to buy some more from the shop, after some cajoling the assistant admitted that they weren't great for little feet (no arch support etc). I've looked at Clarks of course and am not keen on any of the styles. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for a nice looking good toddler shoe that also does sizes by the width of their fit? (E.g 5.5F) thanks so much!

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 18:26:18

Geox?

Suzieismyname Tue 10-Sep-13 18:29:01

Try start-rite if you're more concerned about fit over fashion...

PseudoBadger Tue 10-Sep-13 18:29:38

We got some lovely Geox shoes yesterday

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 18:31:30

Fwiw I hated Clark's shoes for
My dd but sucked it up as I was worried about hurting her feet . Boys shoes are better I think as they are not so fussy.. You can get kickers from jones' that they fit . I have a lovely pair of geox high tops that are fitted .

Kneedeepinshittynappies Tue 10-Sep-13 18:35:01

Sorry nothing to add, just watching with interest. Generally dont like Clarks and yet to find a pair of geox I like! Can't understand why no one does a well fitted smart/casual trainer in plain navy. We did go for a pair of spring courts once which were lovely, no idea how bad they were for ds feet hmm

Bunbaker Tue 10-Sep-13 18:39:07

IMO at that age the fit is far more important than how cool the footwear looks How many four year olds are fashion conscious anyway?

Are there any independent shoe shops near you, or do you have a Kids at Clinks? I don't have a problem with Clarks because DD has done very well out of them, but they aren't the only shop that sells shoes and offers a professional fitting service.

littlemisswise Tue 10-Sep-13 18:45:14

These are cool(and Clarks). DS1(18) paid a fortune for similar in his size!

I like [[ http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20356603 these]] too.

I agree with Bunbaker, when they are toddlers I think fit is more important than fashion.

littlemisswise Tue 10-Sep-13 18:46:06

2nd pair was these!

olaybiscuitbarrel Tue 10-Sep-13 19:29:29

Try Livie and Luca (website but can't do link as on phone)

ceeveebee Tue 10-Sep-13 19:44:31

We bought these for my DS, from a very reputable independent shoe shop
www.camper.com/en_GB/kids/shoes/pelotas/camper-pelotas-80368-002

superfit? My local kids shoe shop stocks lots of nice stuff but not cheap.

ScornedWoman Tue 10-Sep-13 21:28:33

Some of the Doodles pumps are ok.
Ricosta have lots of (imo) good looking boy's shoes.
DS, 3.5y still prefers his Vans tho, because he wants to look like his big brother. I reckon they're fine as long as they're not too big or too small - after all, humans don't have a design flaw that means we need additional arch support. We're designed to go barefoot, if anything. Besides, Vans are a safety shoe, developed to protect the feet of extreme sports participants, same as Etnies, DC's and other skate shoes :-)

Suzieismyname Wed 11-Sep-13 16:57:58

Thank goodness it's not just me who puts fit over fashion!

Bunbaker Wed 11-Sep-13 19:11:40

"humans don't have a design flaw that means we need additional arch support."

Don't they? I know loads who do.

pootlebug Wed 11-Sep-13 19:13:10

I think www.happylittlesoles.co.uk has some lovely stuff.

Ricosta have some lovely little tiny shoes. They're often sold by independent shoe shops (they're quite expensive though).

Of course, it also depends on whether you mean cool by your standards or toddler standards...

DragonsAreReal Wed 11-Sep-13 19:20:29

I agree with littlemiss

now singing www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Mr7j4nNNs

CatFromAcrossTheRoad Wed 11-Sep-13 19:21:02

One small step. Great shoes , fantastic service.

tethersend Wed 11-Sep-13 19:21:45

Kickers are great.

Camper, very lovely reasonably hard wearing and fit well. Soon enough it will be horrible black school shoes. I hate Clarks, they don't fit half as well as the European makes anyway and don't last as long.

djen Fri 20-Sep-13 12:13:53

Try Skribbies...they just launched...although I am not sure what size they start at smile

hurricanemum Sat 02-Nov-13 17:36:58

I a, looking for somewhere in the midlands to get European shoes. I have found shoes atnumber six in chipping norton and the shoe box of knowle so far. I used to buy shoes from pogo, the pop up she shop in Tavistock in Devon and have also bought from happy little soles. I hate clarks. I never feel that they fitmy dd properly and I dislike their selection, especially how so much is pink or purple...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now