Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Primark sizing?

(6 Posts)
happyinherts Sat 17-Aug-13 22:00:35

Just struggled to get out of a new Primark dress - getting it on wasnt too bad ! However it's a size 20. I bought it because visually it didn't look like a 20, more a 16 which I thought I was.

Horrified that I actually struggled to get out of it though. What are your experiences with Primark sizing. Is a 20 about a 16 elsewhere or am I deluding myself about my figure sad

orangeandemons Sat 17-Aug-13 22:04:16

I don't think Primark has any recognised sizes does it? My experience is depending when the moon is in the right quarter you may fit in a 10 or a 20

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Sat 17-Aug-13 22:06:51

If you are deluding yourself so am I! wink The sizes are absolutely shocking and not uniform at all. I go by what I am in other shops because if I went by Primark sizing I'd cry.

absentmindeddooooodles Sat 17-Aug-13 22:10:43

I have primaek jeans of similar syles ina size 18 and a size 8. Im a size 10. Also tops and dresses that vary wildly. I always always try things before I buy there. The only reliable things are the plain tops I find!!!

juneybean Sat 17-Aug-13 22:10:57

My top is 16/18 and just about fit in the size 18 dresses, but suppose it depends on the style, a lot of them are stretchy at the mo.

Started buying 16s in the cardigans though, the 18s just swamp me.

PipkinsPal Sun 18-Aug-13 10:50:43

The only thing in Primark with the right sizes are the socks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now