This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Shoe shop Surrey

(14 Posts)
JammieMummy Sat 17-Aug-13 19:04:12

We live in the Woking/Guildford part of Surrey. Can anyone recommend a decent children's shoe shop within about 30-40mins drive please? We have just spent all afternoon trapesing our poor DD around to a number of high street shoe shops only for there to be absolutely nothing that fits her properly!

Definitely don't want any Clarks, startrite etc as these have all be tried today and none of them have shoes that fit my DD. We are fortunate enough that money is not an issue, so I don't mind if the shoes turn out to be a bit expensive as long as they are professionally fitted and won't wear out or look tatty after a few weeks (obviously I would like value for money).

Any help gratefully received as we are getting a bit desperate!

handcream Sat 17-Aug-13 19:16:51

I am a bit confused. Startrite are a good brand. Does your children have ususual feet. What are you looking for.

JammieMummy Sat 17-Aug-13 20:39:48

Thank you for replying handcream smile startrite are great, her previous shoes and winter boots have been from them and Clarks but for some reason she measures as a 7 1/2F but when we come to trying the shoes on they don't fit her properly, but go up a size either way and they're too big. God knows what is going on with her feet but I now have to find shoes which will actually fit her. She is a tall girl with small, square, feet but I cant think of any reason why we cant get anything to fit her. As I said before we have been to a number of shops today, incase it was the shop assistant (one was particularly useless) but it turns out that she just has odd feet!

So I am willing to try just about anywhere that fits them properly and the shoes are good quality.

littone Sat 17-Aug-13 21:08:45

Have heard good things about bossy boots in Camberley though not used myself. We go to Kristena Shoes in Fleet (startrite) but good at trying different combinations of shoes until they find some that fit, then even put arch supports in for my dd.

catkind Sat 17-Aug-13 21:22:53

May be the fitters not the shoes. As a person with square feet myself I find I need a much wider fit than I measure.
Have you every tried something like See Kai Run shoes? They aren't width-fitted but generously wide at the toe end and very adjustable at the straps. They've always been a lovely fit on our kids, and they're so soft it's easy to feel their toes and check the fit yourself.
Might be a bit far from you but Reigate has Jones the Bootmaker and Lillifoot if it's still there - the former stock various brands not limited to Clarks/Startrite and are great at fitting, the latter stocked a very wide range including SKR last time I went there.

Pagwatch Sat 17-Aug-13 21:24:20

Trotters and Russell & Bromley in Guildford

RandomMess Sat 17-Aug-13 21:26:48

I've got to go shoe shopping to Kingston tomorrow - I'll let you know how it goes!!! I know they have a Russell & Bromley but no idea how much stock they carry.

JammieMummy Sat 17-Aug-13 21:42:06

Catkind - I have never heard for See Kai Run shoes but they definitely sound like they are worth checking out. I am more than happy to drive to Reigate if I will get her some shoes. The other option is to have her in bare feet or her jelly shoes until her feet grow again!

Pagwatch - we have been to both of those shops today sad and neither of them could find anything for DD but thank you for replying.

Good Luck RandomMess after today and chatting to some of the shop assistants it sounds like you are going to have an interesting time tomorrow (one said they had a huge que this morning when they opened at 9) the joy of the back-to-school rush! If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

RunningOutOfIdeas Sat 17-Aug-13 21:47:34

Shu Zu in Horsell are great. They also have a branch in North Camp. The fitters really know what they are doing. They stock Startrite and various European brands. DD had Ricosta shoes from them last term and she totally failed to trash them (she ruined the toes of Startrite shoes after 2 days).

JammieMummy Sat 17-Aug-13 21:48:21

Kitten- sorry to miss you out - but will definitely look at both of those. Especially if they have websites; I am not beyond believing it was the shop assistants but one was exceptionally helpful and wedding buy a pair of shoes from him (converse) as they really seemed to fit and she loved them. It is just the smart lack shoes we can't seem to get.

Pagwatch Sat 17-Aug-13 21:50:55

Ah, that's odd.
Dd has half a size difference between each foot, has very wide feet and a very high instep but we have always found something in one of those shops.

If they are not able to help you I don't know that you will find much on the high street tbh.

JammieMummy Sat 17-Aug-13 21:53:43

*lack = black wedding=we did

iPad + wine = terrible spelling and gramma

JammieMummy Sat 17-Aug-13 21:59:32

Pagwatch R&B were the place we got DD's other shoes from, I agree the staff there are excellent I am just struggling to get smart shoes. I think it could be because she is between the big kids and infant sizes (infants go to 7 and big children tend to start at 8) I am hoping her strange foot size doesn't last for another fitting!!

Thank you again

RandomMess Sat 17-Aug-13 22:09:09

Just looked up ShuZu in Knaphill - looks great, wonder if they do larger sizes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now