Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Non-leather toddler shoes?

(7 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Fri 28-Jun-13 10:15:06

Can anyone recommend a brand that does supportive, maybe even waterproof, shoes for toddlers? DD is 20 months, wearing a UK5, and she's mostly been in Crocs since she started walking, but I've read that they're not that great for arch support. (I'm vegan, so I'd much prefer not to buy leather.)

Thanks! smile

shiningcadence Fri 28-Jun-13 11:23:27

Clarks canvas Doodles? Supportive. Not waterproof but dry out quickly and not damaged by water at all - can be thrown in washing machine for cleaning.

shiningcadence Fri 28-Jun-13 11:24:31

Or she could wear wellies in the rain?

BabCNesbitt Fri 28-Jun-13 11:28:59

Ooh, thanks - I'd ruled out Clarks because I'd assumed they all had leather in them, but I'll take a look!

Another vote for Doodles, they are fab.
M&s had some nice canvas t-bars in boy and girl styles that look near identical to the doodles, but obviously don't have clarks width options.

Start rite canvas shoes have a very bouncy sole, better than the Clarks ones.

RodC Mon 16-Sep-13 15:57:37

Mothercare have a good range of shoes and the sizes start small too (2S upwards). Best of all, the range seems to be almost entirely non-leather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now