Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

What do moms want?

(18 Posts)
YamMum Thu 20-Jun-13 21:39:08

So here I'm, a mom to be with a reasonable disposable income and endless supply of ideas for my expected twins (boy and girl, thank God). All you yammmy mommies out there, please help! What do mom's really want (apart from sleep! Nannies! Help!!!) for their babies - what clothes are desirable, quality, particular unique brands? Shoes?! Blankets? Looking forward to your "vitally precious" list. Thank you in advance smile

ThedementedPenguin Fri 21-Jun-13 20:47:04

I don't think it matter what brand of clothes, shoes or blankets you get.

As long as the baby is dressed, fed and happy.

I use any shop to buy clothes from next, primark, tescos, asda. You get the idea. I buy what I like regardless of where it comes from.

Congrats on the twins

YamMum Fri 21-Jun-13 23:24:17

Thank you! Although I as more after practical advice: bibs, nappies, overalls, etc. what type of shoes are better then others? What quality of fabrics do you think are better for babies: pure or mixed?

ThedementedPenguin Sat 22-Jun-13 10:52:55

I bought my bibs from Asda. They are fantastic. I have a mix of plastic backed ones and fabric ones.

Nappies I mostly use asda little angels, I started with pampers but they don't suit my ds any more. My auntie use tescos cheeky bots, although I don't like them.

Sleepsuits/baby grows: I got a lot of stuff from my friends, but I've bought some from all shops above. Again it depends on baby, some babies are long and thin, I think sainsburys are better for them.

Babies don't need shoes until walking. Although you can buy pre-walkers from Clarkes. I'm going to buy my ds some as he is very nearly walking.

chickensaladagain Sat 22-Jun-13 11:03:19

Newborn -6 months

Babygrows, baby vests and cardigans

Job done

No need for bibs, muslin cloths are a godsend though -get lots

noisytoys Sat 22-Jun-13 11:36:30

confused At Yammy Mommie

YamMum Sat 22-Jun-13 14:33:45

Thank you very much ladies!
What about blankets? Cashmere or ordinary nylon would do? Or maybe baby alpaca as an alternative?

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Sat 22-Jun-13 14:36:58

My friend raves about the Tesco Loves Baby blankets for her 2-month-old, apparently soft, wash well and just as good as the more expensive stuff.

Are you in the UK?

YamMum Sat 22-Jun-13 17:28:15

I'm afraid of Tesco or Asda products for the kids, they are all made in China and one doesn't know where the materials originate to keep the cost of production as low as possible. Do you know any other brands that may be more expensive but are higher in quality?

hmmm...interesting posting style!

I never bought any clothes really, we were really lucky in that we got loads for presents & bags of hand me downs, which we handed down after they were worn for about a week then they grew grin

rockybalboa Sat 22-Jun-13 18:32:54

This is a joke thread right? What sort of shoes?!?! For babies?!?! And nylon or cashmere blankets?!? Wtf. Tripp trapp....

5madthings Sat 22-Jun-13 18:35:03

Baby grows, vests, baby nighties, or 'bundlers' as some shops call them.

I get lots of clothes from john lewis and Bowden, also h&m and marks and Spencer.

I always used cotton blankets for mine, not nylon.

Grobags are good as well for night time.

Lexiesinclair Sat 22-Jun-13 18:41:22

I'm a yammie mommy and my DCs wear clothes spun from the wool of the baby lesser spotted Outer Mongolian mountain goat.

Just kidding - Sainsburys or Asda will have everything you need - and the quality is generally good.

TallulahBetty Sat 22-Jun-13 18:43:09

Clearly a joke thread..

Am yow from Dudlay?

YamMum Sun 23-Jun-13 01:43:03

Thank you 5madthings, very helpful!

Pumpkinette Mon 29-Jul-13 08:43:09

Tommie tippee bibs with the spongy foam bit round the neck are great at the teething stage, as are the bandana style dribble bibs.

Blankets I'm not sure about as I had a nice hand knitted shawl I used when dd was tiny.

Vests and sleeps suits depend I the baby size. I loved the next ones with the built in fold over scratch mittens. Sleeps suits with the poppers down one leg rather than the middle were a right pain to get on and off.
H&M do some nice organic cotton stuff but they can sometimes be a bit OTT with huge scratchy care labels. Baby gap stuff is nice and has less of a label issue as it tends to be printed into the fabric rather than a label.

lucylou99 Tue 06-Aug-13 14:08:25

My two had pure cotton for everything,lots of babies get eczema which is not helped by poly mixes and other man made fibres.
www.loobylous.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now