This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Girls' School Shoes

(4 Posts)
Badgerqueen Mon 08-Apr-13 21:35:13

Has anyone come across any sturdy, non-girly (no flowers or bows) and not too clumpy shoes suitable for school? DD is 9 and size 2.5 but the Clarks and Startrite this season are either pumps, which she won't wear and are too flimsy or really formal. She wants to be able to run around (understandably) but this year the boys ones seem especially ugly and clumpy -last year they had some nice desert boots, but not this year. I would by trainers for her, but they are to allowed them for school (argh). Have looked at John Lewis and Next but nothing doing. Help! She will be going in in socks next week!

Eastpoint Tue 09-Apr-13 06:06:53

Can she wear brogues? Aren't startrite still doing them, Russell & Bromley were in the autumn. Fashionable, practical & safe.

Elasticsong Tue 09-Apr-13 08:53:01

Try Vivo Barefoot as an eBay search. They've been great for my dd.

Badgerqueen Thu 11-Apr-13 20:14:05

Thanks for suggestions. Brogues are a no go as they look like shoes I would wear apparently!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now