This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Trousers for 'larger' 12 yr old boy

(2 Posts)
BlogOnTheTyne Mon 08-Apr-13 08:45:48

DS2 is too 'slim' for generous fit trousers but much too wide for average size for his age. Where can I find good quality trousers eg chinos, for his chunky thigh/bottom/hips size?

If I use generous fit trousers - eg for school - these work if they have an adjustable waist but are far too big if I can't pull in the waist.

His measurements are: Waist: 77cm/30.5 inches
Hips: 91 cm/35.5 inches
Inside leg: 68cm/26.5 inches

So he fits trousers for a 15/16 yr old but has far too short legs to make these adaptable, ie cut down and rehemmed.

Any ideas?

Which brands have you tried so far for plus size? I think Next, M&s and Lands End for sure, I think M&S quite short so worth a try? I also think chinos are the wrong style for chunky of thigh tbh so maybe that's the problem.Stick to styles that have more stretch or give in those areas. A rib waist might work with working drawstring? H&M do different styles of jeans for instance & Boden do rib waists. I actually have skinny ds's but no-one had replied smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now