This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Trousers with reinforced knees ....where to buy?

(10 Posts)
ketchupkisses Mon 25-Mar-13 08:36:51

I am soooo fed up with sewing knee pads on boys trousers (I have 3 boys, work full time, and one stay at home Dad who doesn't sew). dh hasn't categorically said he doesn't sew, but to put it another way, he never has repaired a single pair of trousers. I just can't sew fast enough, and have reached a point where ds3 has no trousers without holes (including holes through sewed on patches).

What is a Mum to do?

Is it possible to buy trousers with reinforced (concrete?) knees? If so where? I live abroad but I'm coming back to London for one day only, so my shopping plan needs to be very well targeted. All advice gratefully received!

shufflebum Mon 25-Mar-13 08:41:12

I dOnt know but looking forward to any answers! Mine go through a pair of trousers/jeans a week roughly!
I didn't find any in Next or Tesco yesterday.

Marking place, ds1 seems unable to wear a pair of trousers (even pj's shock) without making holes in the knees, it's driving me mad!

Bananasinfadedpjs Mon 25-Mar-13 08:45:34

Lands End do them - iron knee trousers.

They keep bombarding me with emails for them. Sadly they only do them in one style for girls, but there seems to be a fair bit of choice for boys.

Their stuff is not remotely cheap, (but they often do 25% discounts) - I have been pleased with the quality of everything I have bought from them.

ketchupkisses Mon 25-Mar-13 08:48:12

Hey bananas - you star - thanks! smile

ketchupkisses Mon 25-Mar-13 08:51:14

And far cheaper than a divorce!

Bananasinfadedpjs Mon 25-Mar-13 09:19:07

smile

shufflebum Mon 25-Mar-13 11:39:50

Thanks, have also found these
m.vertbaudet.co.uk/boys-trousers.htm?productid=702413550
Trouble is their delivery times are awful.
And boden do some too but most sizes out of stock.

Shame you have to pay an arm and a leg for them though!

ketchupkisses Wed 27-Mar-13 21:07:38

And these are half price!

Pollyanna53 Fri 26-Apr-13 14:24:32

My grandson has ruined so many of his trousers. I have just found some reinforced knee trousers in black, navy, charcoal grey and beige. They also have adjustable waist. They are on a website www.walmart.com although a USA site they ship worldwide and reasonable shipping. The trousers are $14.97 (about a tenner) and made by a company called Dickies. Dickies make workwear and their things are very hardwearing. Hope this helps, my poor daughter is at the end of her tether! So we'll give them a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now