This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Swimwear

(6 Posts)

It's just he has been given a second hand all in one swimsuit thing and I thought perhaps it was only special ones that had UV protection. It's from Sainsurys do you think it would have the UV protection?

I wouldn't take him for a swim in his clothes iyswim but if we were on the beach that would be ok?

Startail Mon 11-Mar-13 12:28:18

Also, they offer that SPF when wet, which some Cotten T shirts probably don't.

Definitely worth it as wet ordinary clothes are really uncomfortable and sun suits dry quickly for next day.

Ttcnumero3 Mon 11-Mar-13 12:04:34

The sunsuits offer protection in the water; you probably wouldn't send them in in clothes. Saves you from constantly reapplying suncream to shoulders etc.

So if most clothes do offer at least SPF50 then all these swimsuits at SPF40/50 are just really a marketing gimmick?

Startail Mon 11-Mar-13 11:56:56

No, it means most ordinary clothes aren't tested for SPF.

I'm sure most do offer SPF 50, although I'm not 100% certain about checked school dresses as DD2 always seems to go faintly olive down her back even in places her swimming costume covers.

I'm not worried, a bit of sun is good for vit D.

Also DDs burn far less dangerously if they aren't white as sheets.

I may be asking a stupid question here but here goes.
Looking at swimwear for ds (15months) to wear on UK Beach holiday in August (so may not weat at all).
The all in one suits state levels of UV protection. Does that meant that normal suits/clothing does not protect the skin it covers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now