Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Where to buy decent children's wellies?

(14 Posts)
Grockle Sun 03-Mar-13 13:39:01

DS(7) wears wellies every day - for walking the dog, climbing trees, feeding the chickens, playing on the beach etc.

Cheap wellies from supermarkets etc only last a few weeks before they split so it works out quite expensive.

I found a pair of Hunter wellies in the sale last year so tried them and they were amazing but I'm reluctant to pay £35 for a new pair.

Any suggestions of other wellies that might last a while?

sausagesandwich34 Sun 03-Mar-13 13:41:55

we got all ours from b&q and they are now on the 3rd child!

Grockle Sun 03-Mar-13 13:51:40

Oh, that's good to know, thank you.

ConfessionsofaMumpreneur Mon 11-Mar-13 22:01:45

Poconido do fantastic wellies! aimed at kids, not too expensive and last for ages.

sunnyday123 Mon 11-Mar-13 22:12:00

www.joules.com/Outlet-Clothing/Girls-Outlet

Joules willies are fab, they last years (buy size up at least) and best of all they resell on ebay for half the price! Good but even at £25 but currently in the sale

sunnyday123 Mon 11-Mar-13 22:12:23

Good buy at £25 - should say!

Piffpaffpoff Mon 11-Mar-13 22:17:52

Asda have done good sturdy wellies in the past, proper 'farmer' ones (as I would call them') with a thick brown sole and green wellie bit that's almost knee length. Each pair we've had has done my two then been passed on. I think they're about £8.

Piffpaffpoff Mon 11-Mar-13 22:20:30

Asda appear to have some of the black version left online. DS has these for his latest pair and they are doing well so far.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Sat 16-Mar-13 23:19:09

Joules wellies are good, they come up a bit small so would recommend to size up. Polarn o pyret wellies and Romika wellies are the best we've had.

colditz Sat 16-Mar-13 23:26:24

You need Dunlop wellies, it's the brand the farmers use and they are between £10 and £15.

For goodness sake, don't buy silly "look how muddy my children are! No, LOOK! You're not looking! Look at their wellies, look. Mud, look! Aren't I a FABBY mama, letting them GET MUDDY?" Joules wellies, buy wellies that are actually designed for walking around in, and therefore they are flexible, comfortable and durable. Ok, they do only come in green.

idlevice Sat 16-Mar-13 23:35:06

I thought Rainsplats looked quite good when they were on a recent MN co-buy. Pricey though normally.

fossil971 Sat 16-Mar-13 23:35:48

Have you got a Countryside Store or similar near you?

TaperJeanGirl Sun 17-Mar-13 00:04:39

My kids all wear hunters, barbour wellies are also great, didn't like joules wellies they gave all mine blisters ( 1 child refuses any other footwear other than wellies, I buy a LOT of wellies!)

staceyl900 Wed 20-Mar-13 10:32:27

Band Q are amazingly good quality - I had the adult ones, and bought them for kids too. However - Hunters are adoreable.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now