This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

UV sun / swim suit for 8 month old?

(10 Posts)
rootypig Tue 26-Feb-13 17:04:35

We are taking DD to Caribbean to see family. She will be 8mo. Any recommendations for long sleeved UV protect sunsuits in baby sizes? I am struggling to find any I like. I am just going to have her in pants / suncream to play in shade but would like her to be fully covered for being in direct sun - mostly swimming.

TIA

SeashellHoarder Tue 26-Feb-13 19:31:22

We got a great all in one from mothercare last season (fact- might be worth a look if you haven't already.

SeashellHoarder Tue 26-Feb-13 19:32:06

Meant to say "factor 60" not fact.

Grrr iPhone.

olivo Tue 26-Feb-13 19:40:24

We usually use the UV suits from Boots, think they re factor 50. Please be careful if she is not wearing one in the shade, she will still pick up a lot of reflected sunlight and could burn easily despite very high factor cream.

rootypig Tue 26-Feb-13 22:16:56

thanks both, will check those out. yy olivo will be really careful, lived in the Caribbean as a child so am fanatical about sun protection. just want her to have some time just in her pants but that will be early early morning and late late afternoon. and sunscreen. grin

I've had several of the suits from Sainsburys and dc seemed comfy and protected plus cheaper than Boots!

notasausage Tue 26-Feb-13 22:23:56

I had one from splashabout which is probably a bit more ££than the supermarket ones recommended above but it was very nice!

olivo Wed 27-Feb-13 08:13:42

Roots, hope I didn't come across as patronising there, didn't mean to! I second sainsburys- we got a couple of p pig ones there factor 50, about 3 pounds in their sale smile

rootypig Wed 27-Feb-13 10:41:40

not at all olivo! I would be the same. v few people in this country properly aware of sun safe stuff I agree grin

have a reasonably big Sainsburys here so will look!

mamapants Tue 02-Jul-13 19:20:33

I got nice one last year from jojo maman bebe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now