This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

help me find a good quality suit for my 7 year old please

(6 Posts)
aniablossom Mon 18-Feb-13 17:11:09

Hi, this is the first time I'm so actively seeking for help but I really am at a loss! My family are going to a wedding in at the end of this month and I still have not found a decent suit for my son who is 7 years old. I have looked at M&S, John Lewis, Next. I've searched online - but I am struggling to find anything that fits him well and is made of good high quality material. Can anyone help? I am super stuck. Thanks! Ax

defineme Mon 18-Feb-13 17:15:16

I was going to suggest M&S as my 10 yr old has just had a lovely blazer from there, but obviously not what you're looking for.
Can you hire one/buy one from wedding outfitters then-perhaps they will have the quality you're looking for?
Is it a very formal wedding/has he a role in the wedding? Most kids I see at wedding just have chinos/shirt/possibly tie and or blazer?

aniablossom Mon 18-Feb-13 17:22:24

It's a formal wedding, and I am looking for a suit that fits him perfectly. I have looked at hiring one, but would prefer to buy as we have a number of weddings / christenings over the summer as well.

Perhaps it was my chain of M&S, but I didn't find they had an overwhelming choice unfortunately. And the one jacket he did try on was just not cut properly sad

defineme Mon 18-Feb-13 19:27:59

You could try ordering a range of things online to be delivered to store and then trying things on instore.
Or you could try going to more upmarket designer shops?

LynetteScavo Mon 18-Feb-13 19:31:54

I think boys suits usually aren't cut properly, which is why people avoid them.

Monsoon may be worth a look.

UrbanLolly Tue 19-Feb-13 19:06:44

Zara have a really good quality suit you can check it out online...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now