This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

school shoes that last

(5 Posts)
miggy Thu 31-Jan-13 15:02:55

am fed up with buying shoes that dont even make it to half term
dd is nearly 14, tall and size 8 feet (so not massive choice anyway). She doesnt do anything in them other than walk around school, but they are on from 7.15 till 5.45. They just fall apart, the sole detaches from the shoe.
All I want is black, size 8, flat, lace up brogue type that lasts a least a term (its the hassle of buying the flipping things as much as the cost!)
Any ideas?

Could she wear dr martens? They last and last.

miggy Sat 02-Feb-13 22:00:55

Thanks, I will have a look. Think probably too chunky for her though. Of course another criteria I should have added was the need to be the same as the majority of the other girls shoes !

steppemum Wed 20-Mar-13 22:58:42

my god daughter is 14 and she wears Kickers. It seems as if the girls fall into the girlies shoe v. the DM look. But she walks to school (about 1.5 miles) and round a huge site and then home again. Her Kickers lasted for nearly a whole school year.
They cost and arm and a leg to start with though.

Sativa Wed 20-Mar-13 23:03:03

I was going to say Kickers or DMs! Doc Martens have a huge range now in all different styles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now