Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Premature baby clothes

(9 Posts)
cidergal Fri 25-Jan-13 21:11:29

My sis has just had a very tiny baby and i'm looking for places to get premature baby clothes for her. Most stuff is too big - any suggestions where to buy stuff (that won't break the bank) for prem babies. Most of the multipack babygro type things I can't find are for babies over 6lb and they'd swamp baby.

thanks

Caitycat Fri 25-Jan-13 21:13:39

Mother are do tiny baby and early baby clothes specially designed to be able to be put on in an incubator too.

Caitycat Fri 25-Jan-13 21:14:15

Sorry should say Mothercare -stupid phone!

alwayspregnant Fri 25-Jan-13 21:14:16

Boots usually has a good selection. We bought most of DGS's stuff there (he was just over 4lb). You can also get Pampers micro nappies there too.

Grumpla Fri 25-Jan-13 21:16:08

I bought my gorgeous prem niece some from Boots. The larger stores had them, they all fasten with very very fine Velcro tabs on the arms and legs for dressing babies with wires, tubes etc. They are nice and soft and have the labels on the outside too so it doesn't rub.

All seem to be either blue or pink though! No brights or neutrals.

cidergal Sat 26-Jan-13 09:18:38

Thanks, they've had a look at mothercare and there's not much in the local store but having a look online, it just seems so expensive compared to what you can buy in asda etc for larger babies. She's only 3lb so absolutely tiny

cidergal Sat 26-Jan-13 09:19:01

Thanks will have a look at boots, didn't think of that :-)

gallicgirl Sat 26-Jan-13 09:33:14

There's teddy and me, stocked by some branches of John Lewis. Mama's and Papas have a preemie range.
If she's still in hospital, ask the nicu or maternity ward to approach a charity called pop n grow for a set of clothes suitable for incubators.

Good luck to baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now