Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Advice on newborn baby clothes sizing

(5 Posts)
Msbluesky32 Thu 03-Jan-13 17:15:50

We are expecting our first in April and have just started to gather clothes.
I have bought a few things for 0-3 months in the hope they will last longer than 'newborn' clothes. My question - will I need newborn clothes? Im a bit concerned that our little baby is going to be swamped in 0-3 months. Any advice on this?

mistlethrush Thu 03-Jan-13 17:18:27

My ds never was in 'new born' size as he was 10lbs 5oz when he was born. He was only in 0 - 3 for one month.... So it really depends upon the size of your baby whether or not 0-3 will be the right size when its born or too big!

wontwearsocks Thu 03-Jan-13 17:25:15

It really does depend on size of baby.

I had the opposite to mistlethrush DD was only 6lbs at birth and even some newborn stuff was too big for her. There was no way she could wear 0-3 months at birth because the legs and sleeves were much too long.

I bought loads of 0-3 stuff before she was born but had to get in some vests, babygros etc in newborn and she wore those for weeks before she got to 0-3 months size.

Doodlekitty Thu 03-Jan-13 17:28:20

My ds was 8lb6oz at birth and still some newborn stuff was too big. At 8 weeks he 0 - 3 stuff is just starting to fit nicely and most of his newborn stuff still fits

mistlethrush Thu 03-Jan-13 21:04:49

That's right, make DS out to be a monster baby, why don't you? winkgrinsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now