This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

waterproof gloves for toddlers

(7 Posts)
mimmymouse Wed 12-Dec-12 08:57:57

My DD goes to a terrific nursery where they play outside all year long. They have a belief that there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad equipment!

She plays warmly in a Jojo fleece lined, waterproof onesie snowsuit, but it doesn't have gloves that allow her to use her hands. She is currently playing in woollen mittens which are useless. I asked in a popular outdoor clothing company store the other day and the bloke looked at me as though I was mad.

Where do you get them so they can still move their fingers? She is only 2 years old. Happy to eBay/2nd hand so let me know names/brands/sizes and I'll search.

Thanks

HilaryClinton Wed 12-Dec-12 22:14:54

Finkid/Barts/jack Wolfskin. For 2yo, it will probably be mittens

youmaycallmeSSP Wed 12-Dec-12 22:17:00

2yo DS has Togz fleece-lined waterproof mittens in (I think) size 2-4. He's using them well this year but last year his hands were too small really and he couldn't hold anything.

It might be worth asking the nursery for a recommendation too. They might know something that does the almost-impossible!

I saw some in one of the high street outdoors shops. I'm racking my brain to remember which one. I'll post if I remember. I want some for my 2 year old too, mittens would drive us both nuts. I should have bought them when I saw them of course....

Ah! It was Tresspass I think.

Little Trekkers or Waterproof world have a selection. Lidl had some this week and they're decent too. But mainly I've had ones from H&M for my dc, dd is still wearing her 1-2 ones and she's 4 now!

Gloves are a hassle for you and them until they're at least 3 tbh. My 4 yo dts still wear waterproof mittens and they manage fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now