Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Shoe width question

(8 Posts)

DS has heart set on a pair of Clark's trainers. He is an F fitting and they are only available on website in a G fitting. How much of a difference is there between these 2 fittings and would it be bad for his feet if I let him wear them?

waitingforgodot Wed 12-Dec-12 18:06:51

try ebay? Few shops on there that sell brand new current stock

Picturesinthefirelight Wed 12-Dec-12 18:27:43

It depends on the style. Dd veers between an F and a G but sometimes because of her high instep she has to have a g in certain styles anyway.

lljkk Wed 12-Dec-12 18:47:54

ime, Clarks might not let you have them. You have to order the shoes delivered to a shop & they will tell you then & there whether they are a good enough fit.

G fitting on F size foot should be fine, ime.

lljkk you don't anymore - you can have them deliverd to home now.

I'm also thinking that if I bought trainers from anywhere but Clarks there wouldn't be the option of a width fitting anyway.

lljkk Wed 12-Dec-12 19:15:47

Oh that's interesting, Glad to hear that Nanny-Clarks-we-must-tell-you-if-it-fits has retired (ar ar ar).
Good point about lack of width choice elsewhere.

lljkk Wed 12-Dec-12 19:17:19

Actually, for what it's worth, my right foot is like a H width with higher instep, too, and my left a G width. Meanwhile Left is at least 1/2 size longer.

Me getting a pair that feel comfy can be a challenge! Sometimes I wear thinner socks on the right, for instance. But mostly I make it all work.

Iam sure it will OK really but I expect I'll be haunted by "bad mummy" dreams!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now