This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Oh God, oh God, I haven't been to an evening do in years. How do I even start to find a dress?!

(11 Posts)
gaelicsheep Sun 25-Nov-12 09:39:48

There are some lovely things in Phase Eight - just been looking. Budget could be a problem though. Definitely can't spend more than about £75.

gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:45:29

Sorry for being snippy Djembe, I'm a little out of my comfort zone here. I'll post a link to this thread in S&B.

Size: 8/10 depending on the shop, average height, shape hourglass-ish. Legs horrible, knees big hence requirement for long dress. Also must be modest as male team members will be there - no embarrassment required!

Djembe Sat 24-Nov-12 22:38:12

Also Me and Em.

Will find some links <helpful>

Djembe Sat 24-Nov-12 22:36:56

Oi, don't be snippy. Not being pedantic, was genuinely confused as I'd never seen this topic before and thought they'd renamed S and B! Post wherever you please, no bones to me - you might get more responses in S and B though.

What's your shape/size and budget? Monsoon and Phase Eight def worth a look, also Damsel in a Dress, Mint Velvet, Outnet and online dept stores like John Lewis?

hattymattie Sat 24-Nov-12 22:34:16

Try Style and Beauty though - they are really nice on there (not like AIBU wink) and you'll get loads of help.

gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:31:32

do well enough.

Thanks Wishful and blue2. I'll take a look online. I hope they sell online - can't justify a city trip.

gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:24:38

Djembe, is this Pedants' Corner? I couldn't find Style and Beauty and since I feel I have neither this will so well enough. I think a dress counts as clothes, don't you?

blue2 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:10:26

Phase Eight is worth a look, too. I think they had 20% off all dresses... maybe its even more now!

Djembe Sat 24-Nov-12 22:09:33

Is this Style and Beauty? <lost>

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 24-Nov-12 22:08:58

Monsoon? They normally have some lovely dresses in

gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:00:11

My local shops are rubbish, no long dresses at all and I don't do short. Full of nasty shiny polyester and sequins -ugh. I need something long that I can wear at other times but suitable for evening (not black tie) do. Oh and not expensive. HELP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now