This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Oh God, oh God, I haven't been to an evening do in years. How do I even start to find a dress?!

(11 Posts)
gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:00:11

My local shops are rubbish, no long dresses at all and I don't do short. Full of nasty shiny polyester and sequins -ugh. I need something long that I can wear at other times but suitable for evening (not black tie) do. Oh and not expensive. HELP!

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 24-Nov-12 22:08:58

Monsoon? They normally have some lovely dresses in

Djembe Sat 24-Nov-12 22:09:33

Is this Style and Beauty? <lost>

blue2 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:10:26

Phase Eight is worth a look, too. I think they had 20% off all dresses... maybe its even more now!

gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:24:38

Djembe, is this Pedants' Corner? I couldn't find Style and Beauty and since I feel I have neither this will so well enough. I think a dress counts as clothes, don't you?

gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:31:32

do well enough.

Thanks Wishful and blue2. I'll take a look online. I hope they sell online - can't justify a city trip.

hattymattie Sat 24-Nov-12 22:34:16

Try Style and Beauty though - they are really nice on there (not like AIBU wink) and you'll get loads of help.

Djembe Sat 24-Nov-12 22:36:56

Oi, don't be snippy. Not being pedantic, was genuinely confused as I'd never seen this topic before and thought they'd renamed S and B! Post wherever you please, no bones to me - you might get more responses in S and B though.

What's your shape/size and budget? Monsoon and Phase Eight def worth a look, also Damsel in a Dress, Mint Velvet, Outnet and online dept stores like John Lewis?

Djembe Sat 24-Nov-12 22:38:12

Also Me and Em.

Will find some links <helpful>

gaelicsheep Sat 24-Nov-12 22:45:29

Sorry for being snippy Djembe, I'm a little out of my comfort zone here. I'll post a link to this thread in S&B.

Size: 8/10 depending on the shop, average height, shape hourglass-ish. Legs horrible, knees big hence requirement for long dress. Also must be modest as male team members will be there - no embarrassment required!

gaelicsheep Sun 25-Nov-12 09:39:48

There are some lovely things in Phase Eight - just been looking. Budget could be a problem though. Definitely can't spend more than about £75.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now