This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Which range of children's clothes comes up big?

(17 Posts)
Empross76 Sun 11-Nov-12 23:13:17

My two year old, bless him, is shaped like a rugby ball - he has a huge barrel belly an short legs. I'm finding it harder and harder to find suitable trousers for him - even elasticated waists seem too tight.
Next do a plus size range but it's very limited - have Ny other mums had a similar problem? And can anybody recommend a line of clothing that has a more generous fit around the waist?
Thanks!
Emma.

BikeRunSki Sun 11-Nov-12 23:17:37

George at Asda

Zara always seem big around the waist on my DS.

CointreauVersial Sun 11-Nov-12 23:24:00

M&S is pretty big around the waist.

5madthings Sun 11-Nov-12 23:24:49

My ds1 was like this, he wore a lot of dungarees as they didnt dig into his tummy.

Yes to asda and do you have an m&co/mackays near you? Their jogging botyoms were good. Also some m&s bits and you may find clothes made for toddlers who wear cloth nappies are good. So frugi, green baby, toby tiger, cut4cloth etc as they are made to fit a big chunky nappy!

BikeRunSki Sun 11-Nov-12 23:25:17

Maybe Frugi, as they are cut for cloth nappies?

Lands end have a plus range too

Empross76 Sun 18-Nov-12 09:29:31

Our local Asda has been the best so far, pretty generous round the waste for my little Chunky Monkey! Thanks all of you for taking the time to reply!

Apparently h&m are cut for cloth too.

Spoiltexpatbrat Sun 18-Nov-12 09:32:30

H&m come up very big. Both in waist and leg length.

Sirzy Sun 18-Nov-12 09:33:51

DS can't wear M and S trousers as they fall off him so maybe try them?

Haribojoe Sun 18-Nov-12 09:39:25

Had same problem with DS1. I found Marks and Spencer and Mothercare good.

i came to say M & S, and tesco, i used to find Asda small.

dungarees sound like a good option

Empross76 Sun 18-Nov-12 10:08:44

Hah, he's a nightmare in dungarees!!! The poppers un-pop themselves from the force of his barrel belly, bless him! He's in size 3-4 in dungarees, with pretty much half the leg turned up! Looks very cute, though!

ConfessionsofaMumpreneur Mon 11-Mar-13 22:56:53

Indikidual and L'asticot are quite big sizing, I always have to size down for my son. Try KyNa Boutique (www.kynaboutique.co.uk) they stock a few european brands which tend to be big sizes x

ceeveebee Mon 11-Mar-13 22:59:01

H & M do toddler trousers with big elasticated bands like maternity trousers, my DS is also wide and short and they fit him well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now